Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary (https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-4-0-gt4-gt4rs-spyder-25th-anniversary-255/)
-   -   Cars with Luke - No more GT4s as of 2 weeks ago (https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-4-0-gt4-gt4rs-spyder-25th-anniversary/1296163-cars-with-luke-no-more-gt4s-as-of-2-weeks-ago.html)

Super Stroby 04-04-2022 08:20 PM

^^^^ While I see the contradiction he is in a bit of a conundrum trying talk in a language that non Porsche fan boys understand without adding and extra 10 minutes to the video about Porsche ordering and production process.

lilbza 04-04-2022 08:28 PM

I don't see how he could have just said "As of 2 weeks ago, Porsche are no longer taking new orders". That's very different to "Porsche announced 2 weeks ago they've stopped GT4 production". Even a non-porsche enthusiast could see both statements mean 2 very different things. He seemed more interested in drumming up some hype around the rarity of his car in Switzerland, mentioning resale a couple of times.

None the less, it's a beautiful car, and no doubt he was very excited at the time. I'm certainly envious of his spec.

JAhmed 04-04-2022 08:40 PM

This clown has no idea what he's talking about

RoadrunnerGTS 04-04-2022 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by lilbza (Post 18069585)
No, as I said, you can't walk in and put a deposit down anymore. Porsche Australia said they already have enough people on waiting lists to fulfill any future allocations they may receive.

For those who have placed an order but haven't got an allocation yet, he said there's no guarantee we will get one, but he's also hopeful that I will.

Same with all 4.0's in Sydney. 2 dealers here I know are not taking deposits/orders on 4.0 718's. I waited over 12 months for a my CGTS 4.0.

colnagoG60 04-05-2022 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by sgreer78 (Post 18069663)
Who the F is this guy and why do we care what he says?

Professional photographer/videograher(?) "who likes sports cars", and "has friends with sports cars", therefore, youtube. One of his more poignant works:

jdmporscheguy 04-05-2022 12:43 PM

His videos are good. very cinematic and enjoyable to watch. I'm just surprised he bought another GT4 after how disappointed he was with his 2020 white GT4 being underpowered with the JCR Exhaust and Tune....guess he loves the car a lot haha

Adrift 04-05-2022 01:51 PM

Yeah, he was hella excited to get his original GT4, then sold it (I never quite understood why. I figured YT'er ADD). Now he is getting another one. lol As mentioned, his videos are a reasonable watch, IMO, especially when you're sucking up all gt4/spyder content you can find while you wait. :corn:

I have no idea if he has YT'er contacts or not, but ending GT4 production when 4RS ramped up was in the plan as advertised late 2021, wasn't it? I am not saying it is good or true, but it certainly wouldn't be unexpected, I don't think.

muiz 04-05-2022 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by lilbza (Post 18069647)
Here are two seperate comments from him within the same hour, one contradicting the other.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...2ded0b9e94.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...7c46fb056e.jpg

haha, that’s actually my comment on the top :p

yea, it does seem like he contradicted himself; stopping production vs stopping taking orders are two totally different things.

though there was a post I resurrected in the past that talked about how some dealers are thinking of not taking more GT4 orders. I’ll probably ask my dealer what they’re doing.

UncleDude 04-05-2022 02:22 PM

He cried when he sold the white one LOL, I stopped following at that point. I started again because his shoots are pretty to watch, but ya he's just a youtubber rowing through cars to keep his feed "interesting". Nothing more, nothing less.

Matthew Kidd 04-05-2022 02:44 PM

I’ve been told I can place an order for one ??

My second one, to replace my current one. This is by a popular UK dealer.

Mathmatic 04-05-2022 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS (Post 18069818)
Same with all 4.0's in Sydney. 2 dealers here I know are not taking deposits/orders on 4.0 718's. I waited over 12 months for a my CGTS 4.0.

Since when they stop taking deposit on the GTS 4.0? Is it the same situation as the GT4 that the stopped taking order 2 weeks ago and are going to produce the one already ordered?

*991* 04-05-2022 03:13 PM

As has been already said no one knows what Porsche will do as far as GT4 and Spyders future orders. I have a couple of SAs that have no idea. Some dealers will continue to add names to wait lists and take deposits as it adds customers for future cars if there are no more 718 Gt orders

CathalMacIarnain 04-05-2022 03:16 PM

I know there are a few members in Canada including myself who have been told by dealers there will be upcoming Spyder allocations in May or June. Would they stop GT4 production but keep the Spyder going for rest of this year? Used market is going to be a nightmare one day soon whenever this does become reality.

Adrift 04-05-2022 04:51 PM

There is already a yellow spyder for $180k. lol whuuuuuuuuut?!

CathalMacIarnain 04-05-2022 04:58 PM

I wonder if the nightmare will ultimately come when this all washes out in about a year from now. GT4 and Spyder will likely no longer be available to order. GT4 RS and Spyder RS will be impossible to get unless you are ultra VIP status, and at that point still will be +$100k ADM.

A year from now the true exclusivity of the latest mid engine GT cars will filter through the user market, and I think prices north of $200k for GT4/Spyder might not be unheard of. At some point it will level off, but I don't think we are anywhere near that yet. Who knows, maybe you could buy an over inflated used GT car now for $150k and flip it next year for $50k in profit? Does not seem that much of a stretch any more.