Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 CGTS 4.0 Order question

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2022, 01:42 AM
q234567cn
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 718 CGTS 4.0 Order question

Hi all,
I am new to the forum, and in the market for a cayman GTS.
After reading many posts here, I reached out to dealers for CGTS ordering.
I was able to find two dealers that are willing to sell at MSRP, and I will be the third person on both dealers' waiting list.
one dealer is local, waiting time 12+ months, this smaller dealer has excellent online reviews.
another dealer is 200miles away, waiting time 6-8 months, the reviews of this larger dealer ranks among the worst in my region (NY).

Here is my question, since I can only place the deposit at one dealer, which one should I choose?
I prefer the local dealer, as I trust them more. However, being a smaller dealer, they might not get as many allocations as others, so I worried that I won't get the car after a long wait.
Any suggestions?
Any comments will be appreciated.

P.S.I asked ~15 dealers around me, only 6 replied and 2 are selling at MSRP.

Old 03-29-2022, 07:18 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,079 Likes on 1,773 Posts

You can place a deposit at more than one.

Which dealerships? I'm on Long Island. I had success with Huntington. Call and ask for Marc and tell him Adam referred you.

Don't rely on emails for this task.

PM me for more info.

Last edited by AdamIsAdam; 03-29-2022 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-29-2022, 08:42 AM
q234567cn
8th Gear

The larger dealer that I was referring to is porsche of gold coast.
Their reviews on cars and yelps are pretty bad, (e.g. won’t return deposit if you changed your mind ,no response once received deposit)
SA also claims that they are the 4th largest Porsche in the nation, which I believe is not accurate, the might be the forth largest on Long Island.
cant find them on premier deal list.

based on the posts I read here, multiple deposits at different dealers might cause blacklisted by Porsche?

I talked to a sa from Huntington , he asked 25k over msrp, but I will call Marc with your name,
thank you for your info
Old 03-29-2022, 10:02 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,142 Likes on 642 Posts

Personally I've had great experiences working with a smaller, local dealer. The wait may be longer but the service is exceptional and trust is invaluable.

Also worth mentioning, the estimates that are given by SAs tend to be pretty conservative. For example, I was given an estimated wait on a 992 GTS of 12 months; as things are currently tracking I'm due to get that car delivered at around 9 months after placing the deposit.

I also have a deposit on a BGTS4.0 and was told 12-15 months, for a reference point. Hopefully this leans more to the 10-12 month range.

Last edited by manifold danger; 03-29-2022 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-29-2022, 10:22 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,461 Likes on 2,362 Posts

I am not sure how new you are here but if you have not read the related threads in this (and the other) forum please do since there is a wealth of information available.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:05 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by q234567cn
The larger dealer that I was referring to is porsche of gold coast.
Their reviews on cars and yelps are pretty bad, (e.g. won’t return deposit if you changed your mind ,no response once received deposit)
SA also claims that they are the 4th largest Porsche in the nation, which I believe is not accurate, the might be the forth largest on Long Island.
cant find them on premier deal list.

based on the posts I read here, multiple deposits at different dealers might cause blacklisted by Porsche?

I talked to a sa from Huntington , he asked 25k over msrp, but I will call Marc with your name,
thank you for your info
I can't PM you yet since you are new. All I can tell you is that I had a deposit at GC and had no intention of shopping around, but was later introduced to Marc and he was able to get me an allocation sooner, AND at a better price. He delivered, pun intended. GC gave me my deposit back, with a little chasing.

I have found that the experience of buying a Porsche, on the surface is supposed to be different than "regular" cars, but in the end, it's not. It all boils down to finding good people to work with. I have had AMAZING success stories with my Jeep/Mopar dealership, with whom I now know the owners. They sold a friend his Challenger, custom ordered, no deposit, and delivered WITH A $60k PERSONAL CHECK! My Porsche experience with Marc was also very good. But again, in the end, these are car dealers, so ya know...
Old 03-29-2022, 12:48 PM
sinking
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm on the list at Gold Coast for a CGTS. I saw the reviews saying they had trouble getting their deposit back. I decided it was an acceptable risk. So far the SA has seemed like a straight shooter and personally has good reviews out there. We'll see what I have to say if this deal proceeds to completion.
Old 03-29-2022, 01:33 PM
q234567cn
8th Gear

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
I can't PM you yet since you are new. All I can tell you is that I had a deposit at GC and had no intention of shopping around, but was later introduced to Marc and he was able to get me an allocation sooner, AND at a better price. He delivered, pun intended. GC gave me my deposit back, with a little chasing.

I have found that the experience of buying a Porsche, on the surface is supposed to be different than "regular" cars, but in the end, it's not. It all boils down to finding good people to work with. I have had AMAZING success stories with my Jeep/Mopar dealership, with whom I now know the owners. They sold a friend his Challenger, custom ordered, no deposit, and delivered WITH A $60k PERSONAL CHECK! My Porsche experience with Marc was also very good. But again, in the end, these are car dealers, so ya know...
Thanks for the advice, I can not find a person named Marc at Huntington, I talked to a SA named by Mark Tuzzolino, and he told me that there will be 25k ADM.

maybe Marc left?
Old 03-29-2022, 01:35 PM
q234567cn
8th Gear

Originally Posted by sinking
I'm on the list at Gold Coast for a CGTS. I saw the reviews saying they had trouble getting their deposit back. I decided it was an acceptable risk. So far the SA has seemed like a straight shooter and personally has good reviews out there. We'll see what I have to say if this deal proceeds to completion.
Thank you for the info, maybe you are the #1/2 on their list?
hope that you get your car soon !
Old 03-29-2022, 01:38 PM
q234567cn
8th Gear

I definitely agree with you, I am leaning toward my local dealer as well.
only thing is that I am worried they can't get enough allocation in the end.
Hopefully, it would be shorter than 12 months.
Old 03-29-2022, 03:34 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by q234567cn
Thanks for the advice, I can not find a person named Marc at Huntington, I talked to a SA named by Mark Tuzzolino, and he told me that there will be 25k ADM.

maybe Marc left?
Yes, that's the Mark I was referring to. My error on the spelling. That's too bad about the ADM. They are so overwhelmed with orders and calls from all over that I guess his boss had them hike up the ADM's. Sorry.

Quick Reply: 718 CGTS 4.0 Order question