Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Gt4 RS stripper vs loaded PTS

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2022 | 11:26 AM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Default Gt4 RS stripper vs loaded PTS

I happened to get a chance at one of these cool little cars and I’ve run in to a dilemma. I was originally going to go to the paint to sample, weissach, loaded route. I have been trying to contact the exclusive rep to see what the timelines are for that car and I’ve not heard back for a week and a half. Nor has my salesman. He starting to think I should move forward with one of the standard colors so I don’t have a significant delay in delivery for unforeseen circumstances. So now I’m starting to swing the other direction and thinking about getting a bare bones model With a few essential options to drive the **** out of. Anybody have any opinions on which direction? I don’t want to mess this up because one only gets a few chances at a car like this.
Old 02-03-2022 | 11:30 AM
Bananana
Intermediate

How long are you planning to keep the car? If you think you might keep it for a decent amount of time, then get what you want. What would a bit of a delay really mean? If you are only keeping it a short time, then get it sooner if you don't really care too much about those added options.
Old 02-03-2022 | 11:36 AM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bananana
How long are you planning to keep the car? If you think you might keep it for a decent amount of time, then get what you want. What would a bit of a delay really mean? If you are only keeping it a short time, then get it sooner if you don't really care too much about those added options.
I don’t usually keep cars very long but this one might be a different story. I really don’t know anything about the delay but On porsches website it might be 1 to 3 months for paint To sample, my salesman has been contacting exclusive for a couple weeks trying to get an answer and has had no answer, and he called me yesterday and said I should probably go for a standard color. I thought that was kind of odd. I don’t know if he heard some thing or if he’s just being safe. I think The car is going to be great anyway you go so I’m really torn. I love the carbon fiber intakes that you can see at the back window but I don’t care for the carbon fiber hood so I am torn.
Old 02-03-2022 | 11:48 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

They’re called “options” - get the ones you want.

Zero options or loaded can both be “**** driven”.

What was the question?
Old 02-03-2022 | 12:34 PM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TXshaggy

What was the question?
be safe and get standard low option car or go big and accept the unknown as far as delivery. I added color dials and seat ventilation to my boxster and it added another three months to delivery last year. I would not be surprised if their a similar situation with this car. . I’m having a hard time deciding between the cars. What I’m trying to get at is it a bad idea to order a low option rs car when you consider the specialness of the car, resale, etc….. just looking for op ions to help push me in a direction.
Old 02-03-2022 | 12:36 PM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Also, patience is not a virtue. I don’t want to wait.
Old 02-03-2022 | 12:48 PM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TXshaggy

What was the question?
the drive the **** comment refers to me feeling uncomfortable pushing an expensive car hard. It was always easy to flog the base boxster but not the loaded 911.
Old 02-03-2022 | 12:58 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mojonito
I happened to get a chance at one of these cool little cars and I’ve run in to a dilemma. I was originally going to go to the paint to sample, weissach, loaded route. I have been trying to contact the exclusive rep to see what the timelines are for that car and I’ve not heard back for a week and a half. Nor has my salesman. He starting to think I should move forward with one of the standard colors so I don’t have a significant delay in delivery for unforeseen circumstances. So now I’m starting to swing the other direction and thinking about getting a bare bones model With a few essential options to drive the **** out of. Anybody have any opinions on which direction? I don’t want to mess this up because one only gets a few chances at a car like this.
avoid PTS, but I would go WP + Mg wheels ...

p.s despite PAG's claims to have improved the PTS process, I dont think RL has seen the fruits of such improvements, PTS only adds a constraint and complexity to an
already complex process ... therefore I would avoid it to add certainty to your order, but to be honest adding WP and Mg wheels although highly desirable will also do this...

Last edited by Larry Cable; 02-03-2022 at 01:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mojonito (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022 | 12:58 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Get the one you would be comfortable using as intended.
It's a car, not driveway art.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dr.Bill:
Mojonito (02-03-2022), nothingman (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022 | 01:08 PM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Get the one you would be comfortable using as intended.
It's a car, not driveway art.
I actually like to drink in my garage and look at my cars. so kind of art for me. critique this build.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PND2V2W3
PaulHig (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022 | 01:11 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

I actually like to drink in my garage and look at my cars. so kind of art for me. critique this build.

I never understood the Smartphone Compartment
Old 02-03-2022 | 01:11 PM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

vs this

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNUAHQN7
Old 02-03-2022 | 01:13 PM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Itzkirb
I never understood the Smartphone Compartment
i only do it because it has a usb plug in the center console. as understand it, otherwise you get a 12v. i use it to charge my phone and for i tunes since 718 doesn't have Bluetooth i tunes.
Itzkirb (02-03-2022)
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

add the Mg wheels!!! - done
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Get rid of the smart phone compartment. Its not what most people think. Been discussed in the forum on numerous builds.

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
add the Mg wheels!!! - done
Buy'em afterwards and you'll have 2 sets: track and street.

Last edited by ExMB; 02-03-2022 at 01:14 PM.
Mojonito (04-28-2022)

Quick Reply: Gt4 RS stripper vs loaded PTS