Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Spyder & GT4 Production, can you still order?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2022 | 01:57 AM
Xxyion
Drifting

2 people have secured allocations for a Spyder with September build date and end of year delivery. Sounds like Porsche is making a MY23 at the very least.
Old 10-12-2022 | 08:36 PM
Kamg
Intermediate

Hey guys, new to the forum here.

I currently live in Korea, and placed an order for a GT4 this July (Surprisingly, the dealers were still taking reservations despite the uncertainty). And obviously, the dealers have no news of anything.

I have been researching local and global forums (including this one) to find out the status of the GT4 production, but haven't seen any GT4s produced recently (only gt4rs). So I am worried that possibly production has ended.

Anyone have any enlightening information about this? Much appreciated!!
Old 10-12-2022 | 08:39 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kamg
Hey guys, new to the forum here.

I currently live in Korea, and placed an order for a GT4 this July (Surprisingly, the dealers were still taking reservations despite the uncertainty). And obviously, the dealers have no news of anything.

I have been researching local and global forums (including this one) to find out the status of the GT4 production, but haven't seen any GT4s produced recently (only gt4rs). So I am worried that possibly production has ended.

Anyone have any enlightening information about this? Much appreciated!!
many GT4's are being produced. Mine as well as at least 4 others on this forum have just finished production of our cars and they are all either at the Port of Emden awaiting to be loaded on a ship or already on a ship on the way to the US.

I'm unsure how the Korean car market is, but general consensus in the US is that many people will be willing to put an order in, but to get an actual allocation, you will either need to have a really good relationship with the dealership or be willing to pay a markup, in some cases you might even need both. Hope this helps.
Old 10-12-2022 | 08:49 PM
Kamg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Xxyion
many GT4's are being produced. Mine as well as at least 4 others on this forum have just finished production of our cars and they are all either at the Port of Emden awaiting to be loaded on a ship or already on a ship on the way to the US.

I'm unsure how the Korean car market is, but general consensus in the US is that many people will be willing to put an order in, but to get an actual allocation, you will either need to have a really good relationship with the dealership or be willing to pay a markup, in some cases you might even need both. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your fast response! In Korea, there are only two main porsche dealerships, and also there are very few customers looking for a GT4, so it seems to work a little differently here. I just hope that I can secure an allocation before MY23 production ends, unless there is a MY24, which I think is highly unlikely.
Old 10-12-2022 | 09:15 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

2 people have secured allocations for a Spyder with September build date and end of year delivery. Sounds like Porsche is making a MY23 at the very least.
YES. I have a MY 23 Spyder build starting production next Friday, December delivery.
Old 10-12-2022 | 11:25 PM
absame
Instructor

I’ve got a December GT4 build slot for a MY 2023. US market.
Old 10-13-2022 | 07:20 AM
Kamg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by absame
I’ve got a December GT4 build slot for a MY 2023. US market.
OKAY, so I will keep my hopes up...for the time being. Congrats on your build slot!
Old 10-13-2022 | 08:36 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kamg
OKAY, so I will keep my hopes up...for the time being. Congrats on your build slot!
rather than waiting and hoping, i'd ask your dealership what it would take to get an allocation. I did the same with my local dealership and he told me if i was willing to pay 20k Markup, he would get me one. 6 months later and he called and said he had one for me. I ended up not taking it as i had gotten one a month earlier for the same ADM but he was upfront about what it would take.
Old 10-14-2022 | 12:50 AM
Kamg
Intermediate

rather than waiting and hoping, i'd ask your dealership what it would take to get an allocation. I did the same with my local dealership and he told me if i was willing to pay 20k Markup, he would get me one. 6 months later and he called and said he had one for me. I ended up not taking it as i had gotten one a month earlier for the same ADM but he was upfront about what it would take.
Already asked that, but no luck. Thus I came here to ask around. The dealer themselves still haven't got hold of a vehicle yet, as it has just been publicly released here.
Old 05-01-2023 | 02:09 PM
KOTYKB
Three Wheelin'

Any updates on how long they'll be building the Boxster Spyder?!
Old 05-01-2023 | 02:20 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
Any updates on how long they'll be building the Boxster Spyder?!
I think June is the last month of production as July shifts to 2024 MY.
Old 05-01-2023 | 02:22 PM
KOTYKB
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
I think June is the last month of production as July shifts to 2024 MY.
okay and from what I've read, they won't be producing the Spyder in the 2024 MY?
Old 05-01-2023 | 02:22 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
okay and from what I've read, they won't be producing the Spyder in the 2024 MY?
Nope. Official end of production.
Old 05-01-2023 | 02:42 PM
hammyton
Intermediate

Also just in the past month I've gotten several calls from dealers that have incoming Spyders where the original buyer has decided not to purchase the car... which was unthinkable last year so I feel like we will just see more and more inventory in the coming months.
Old 05-01-2023 | 02:44 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hammyton
Also just in the past month I've gotten several calls from dealers that have incoming Spyders where the original buyer has decided not to purchase the car... which was unthinkable last year so I feel like we will just see more and more inventory in the coming months.
My guess is that those dealers were charging an ADM hence the buyers walked.

Quick Reply: Spyder & GT4 Production, can you still order?