Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Akrapovic vs. JCR slip-on

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 07:36 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,483 Likes on 922 Posts

Originally Posted by Regul8415
Are you still running this set up? I currently run Dundon headers and debating if I’d wanna add mufflers to the mix but not sure which ones.
No...just sold the Akra and the car is back to stock pending a sale.
I have a Cargraphic Racing X arriving today that I wanted to try with the Dundon setup but will be available for sale (same with the Dundon street headers). The CG mixes both banks.
IMO Porsche designed a muffler that really kills the sound on these cars an aftermarket muffler is a must.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:37 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,483 Likes on 922 Posts

Originally Posted by MechEngr1287
Makes sense but damn that sucks.. This was my fear but glad someone else is confirming it. I know Dundon was working on a muffler solution around end of last year but havent seen any updates on the interweb. I hope they come out with one at some point in near future
It was supposed to be done a couple of months back...but now that they sold their GT4 and are focusing on the 992 will probably take even longer....
Old 12-06-2021, 05:11 PM
MechEngr1287
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
It was supposed to be done a couple of months back...but now that they sold their GT4 and are focusing on the 992 will probably take even longer....
Yesterday after typing that post, I actually made a comment on one of their youtube videos making mention of the 718 Lifetime muffler development and they responded to it within pretty short order:

Dundon Response to my inquiry in the comment section:

"The parts are finally on their way to us. Will demo with a current customer and should have results by Jan!"

I think despite it being sold, they are still working closely with a customer to see this development through. I am looking forward to this solution and how it works with their header design.
Old 12-06-2021, 10:42 PM
IRM
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

IMHO it is not worth going for an aftermarket exhaust if you don't fit some kind of X-Pipe: JCR, CG, Kline

I couldn't be happier with my CG X-Pipe. The quality of the sound has nothing to do with the non X-Pipe Akra but sound is very subjective
Old 12-06-2021, 10:46 PM
.Sebby.
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 998R
JCR for me.

Cheers,
Harry.
Was that in VIC or NSW? Where did you get the JCR exhaust installed?

​​​​​​

Quick Reply: Akrapovic vs. JCR slip-on