Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GTS 4.0 w/ GTS interior

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 08:11 PM
Bucketlistx911
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 110 Posts

Yes this is Night Blue which has now been dropped on the configurator. I am very pleased with the selections. Love the full leather. Fortunate to have several GT Porsches and wanted this to be a classy sport ride. Formerly owned a 993 in midnight blue over tan upholstery also a beauty.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:24 PM
Bill Mitchell
Pro

Received 418 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by kor446
AG/Espresso - cognac was where I started. If you don't have it yet I'm sure it will be stunning.
Took delivery at Atlanta PEC in April.of the AVG GTS, the Dark Blue Metallic w/ Espresso is my former 981 GTS.

The following 2 users liked this post by Bill Mitchell:
minn19 (11-28-2021), WillyDaP (06-22-2023)
Old 11-28-2021, 08:39 PM
Greg_STL
Instructor

Received 237 Likes on 77 Posts

I'll agree with the Night Blue Metallic but I chose the Cayman GTS interior. I went back and forth between the full leather interior with ventilated and heated seats -OR- the GTS interior with the carbon buckets. My wife has ventilated seats on her 997 and I've always liked them. But, adding the carbon fiber buckets to the GTS interior really makes the interior special to me. I went ahead and did the extend dash and steering column leather/stitching as well.

To the original poster's question about regrets - I did the leather steering wheel option because I did not like alcantara on the high touch surface of the steering wheel but it came without deviated stitching. I wish I had known how to get the carmine red stitching on the wheel.

The following 3 users liked this post by Greg_STL:
minn19 (11-28-2021), Mj7801 (11-30-2021), Stespa (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 08:45 PM
mtrout
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a special dislike for Alcantara. Spent a fortune replacing it in my Shelby GT350. Therefore, I am disqualified from rendering an objective opinion. Nothing like leather for durability and feel, and the look of Porsche's "full leather" is just off the charts.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:47 PM
Bill Mitchell
Pro

Originally Posted by mtrout
I have a special dislike for Alcantara. Spent a fortune replacing it in my Shelby GT350. Therefore, I am disqualified from rendering an objective opinion. Nothing like leather for durability and feel, and the look of Porsche's "full leather" is just off the charts.
Ditto. Alcantara is 21st century naughtiest, IMO, and if I'm paying Porsche buck I want real leather and lots of it. I am not fond of some of Porsche's option choices, when speccing my car several times I'd select trim items like deviated stitching and my full leather choice would be voided for RaceTex(Alcantara) since they wouldn't allow the option with leather.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:52 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,379 Likes on 2,319 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell
Ditto. Alcantara is 21st century naughtiest, IMO, and if I'm paying Porsche buck I want real leather and lots of it. I am not fond of some of Porsche's option choices, when speccing my car several times I'd select trim items like deviated stitching and my full leather choice would be voided for RaceTex(Alcantara) since they wouldn't allow the option with leather.
Ditto. I went all leather in my Targa GTS and as much leather as I could in the Spyder. I ordered a new GT3 shift **** in leather and they sent me one in mouse fur...they are waiting on a leather one from Germany now since there was not way I was keeping it!
Old 11-29-2021, 10:26 PM
Bill Mitchell
Pro

Naughtiest should have been naugahyde.
The following users liked this post:
CaymanMatt (11-29-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 10:49 AM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 455 Likes on 283 Posts

I went full leather for the cooled options and having something different than the black. I tend to sweat a lot and being in MN, when it's 40 out, but the sun is cooking in the glass...the vented seats are surprisingly helpful without wanting the windows down on the highway. I also found the Chalk interior to be perfect for me, while still being sporty, and I opted for as much extended leather as I could get. I've had both seats ceramic coated and have some leather protectant I'll be applying soon to keep the leather looking it's best.
I will say that it's much more of a very light grey than truly white. My Panamera was a cream color and this is much nicer imo, after 7 years and 80k miles those seats held up like a champ too.

The following 5 users liked this post by Alpha Ice:
5280driver (06-12-2023), Dan Nagy (11-30-2021), kwikit356 (12-07-2021), minn19 (11-30-2021), Southbama (12-01-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 04:46 PM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I went full leather for the cooled options and having something different than the black. I tend to sweat a lot and being in MN, when it's 40 out, but the sun is cooking in the glass...the vented seats are surprisingly helpful without wanting the windows down on the highway. I also found the Chalk interior to be perfect for me, while still being sporty, and I opted for as much extended leather as I could get. I've had both seats ceramic coated and have some leather protectant I'll be applying soon to keep the leather looking it's best.
I will say that it's much more of a very light grey than truly white. My Panamera was a cream color and this is much nicer imo, after 7 years and 80k miles those seats held up like a champ too.

Like others have expressed here, I’m not a fan of alcantara/Race Tex either. I hate the feel of it and I would’ve passed on my car if it didn’t have the leather steering wheel option. That being said, I do like it for seat inserts. They are much more temperate than leather. Not too cold in the winter and not too hot in the summer. Plus they hold you in a bit better than the full leather. Your interior is gorgeous though and I definitely wouldn’t mind that set up either. We are picking up a Cayenne S for my wife tonight that has heated/ventilated 14 ways which are very comfortable and look awesome, but a little part of me wishes they had Race Tex inserts.

Last edited by minn19; 11-30-2021 at 04:48 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by minn19:
Alpha Ice (11-30-2021), kwikit356 (12-07-2021)
Old 12-05-2021, 11:41 PM
jonrviper
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
Default interesting takes on the interior

Very interesting to read the opinions on the GTS interior vs leather. It's the last choice i'm trying to make on my build - locks in February. I was originally going leather with lava stitching but not i'm strongly considering the chalk GTS options. Seems like a better overall value with the added carbon and seatbelt and tachometer in chalk. I guess hard to go wrong either way. Here are the two builds I am debating.
I hope a build slot with receipt due in May 2022. I'm doing a lava but debating between the GTS interior package or doing leather with orange. Any thoughts? I need to lock by early February.

Interior GTS package with Chalk and carbon fiber
PNTSTNS4
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNTSTNS4

Interior leather, black brushed aluminum and orange stitching
PNEMXYU0
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNEMXYU0
Old 12-06-2021, 02:49 AM
kor446
Advanced

Received 60 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jonrviper
my build - locks in February. I was originally going leather with lava stitching but not i'm strongly considering the chalk GTS options
At first I had no interest in race tex whatsoever. But when I got to check out both interiors after driving the car I went all in for the race Tex.

The fabric and carbon trim match the personality of the car better than the smooth and uniform look of the leather. The grab of the seats made me feel stuck to the car---a perfect complement to the way the car sticks to the road.

BTW, I did the rear wing, window trim, door handles and porsche rear logo all in black. I think they add a good bit of visual interest, particularly with the brighter colors....

Last edited by kor446; 12-06-2021 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:10 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Originally Posted by jonrviper
Very interesting to read the opinions on the GTS interior vs leather. It's the last choice i'm trying to make on my build - locks in February. I was originally going leather with lava stitching but not i'm strongly considering the chalk GTS options. Seems like a better overall value with the added carbon and seatbelt and tachometer in chalk. I guess hard to go wrong either way. Here are the two builds I am debating.
I hope a build slot with receipt due in May 2022. I'm doing a lava but debating between the GTS interior package or doing leather with orange. Any thoughts? I need to lock by early February.

Interior GTS package with Chalk and carbon fiber
PNTSTNS4
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNTSTNS4

Interior leather, black brushed aluminum and orange stitching
PNEMXYU0
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNEMXYU0
Your are way too early to be making any decisions. If you are like me, you be on the configurator at least another 50 hours, lol.
The following 3 users liked this post by Dan Nagy:
Alpha Ice (12-06-2021), jonrviper (12-06-2021), kwikit356 (12-07-2021)
Old 12-06-2021, 08:42 AM
cfkid
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

I’m pretty far out from getting my allocation, but I am thinking either full leather or full leather with race-tex centers. I like the grip that alcantara gave me in my A4. Of course I do like the look of the deviated stitching. I just feel like the GTS interior has too much race-tex.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:57 AM
kor446
Advanced

Received 60 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cfkid
I’m pretty far out from getting my allocation, but I am thinking either full leather or full leather with race-tex centers. I like the grip that alcantara gave me in my A4. Of course I do like the look of the deviated stitching. I just feel like the GTS interior has too much race-tex.
I wanted lavs stitching/race tex seats so badly I checked on its cxx cost. Quote was $30,000+. The 6 month delay comes at no additional charge.....

Needless to say that was a no go. I stayed with the GTS. Function being a higher priority than form, I went with the GTS interior.

Last edited by kor446; 12-06-2021 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-06-2021, 10:47 AM
jonrviper
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kor446
At first I had no interest in race tex whatsoever. But when I got to check out both interiors after driving the car I went all in for the race Tex.

The fabric and carbon trim match the personality of the car better than the smooth and uniform look of the leather. The grab of the seats made me feel stuck to the car---a perfect complement to the way the car sticks to the road.

BTW, I did the rear wing, window trim, door handles and porsche rear logo all in black. I think they add a good bit of visual interest, particularly with the brighter colors....

Thanks! I have gotten advice to do the black trims on the exterior and I have flipped back and forth. Leaning to solid lava right now.
The following users liked this post:
kor446 (12-06-2021)

Quick Reply: 718 GTS 4.0 w/ GTS interior