Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Bose upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 07:20 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by jyu0
All deleted. Was just trying to help. No need for this type of passive aggressive BS. "Just Sayin"
It wasn’t meant as that. It was meant as friendly encouragement. I have no problems calling people out in a very direct way.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:30 PM
nothingman
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by 12v Nick
I keep a lot of communication on these kits in email right now as we're still working out the details of parts of the system. Case in point, the Stage Two for these platforms is actually still in final development and is only available on a pre-order status. Posting this information before we're ready to make official announcements can cause confusion at times. My inbox is always open to serious inquiries or questions.
Can you tell me how to get a copy of the information now that it has been deleted?
Old 11-30-2021, 07:33 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 685 Likes on 208 Posts

Hey hey now, let's keep it civil in here. We're all p-car/audio enthusiasts here that just want to make our driving experiences a little better. @jyu0 there was definitely no harm done. In fact, you may have helped some people understand a bit more(albeit a bit ahead of my schedule, lol). @Dan Nagy I appreciate you always being a huge advocate for us and what we do.

The group buy idea isn't a bad one. Hell, we had the most successful one in Rennlist history back when we first launched the tweeters for the 991.1 cars. I've actually been working out the details of a pre-order/group buy on the Stage Two systems since they are newly available and ready to launch. I'll probably do that in the 991.2 sub forum since there's more traffic there, but I'll se sure to link that in some of the threads her on the 718 side as well.
The following 4 users liked this post by 12v Nick:
daaa nope (11-30-2021), Dan Nagy (11-30-2021), Mousejunior (12-01-2021), StilettoPat (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 07:34 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by nothingman
Can you tell me how to get a copy of the information now that it has been deleted?
Just shoot me an email at musicarnw@gmail.com — I'll get you all the details!
Old 12-01-2021, 10:12 AM
nothingman
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 93 Posts

The group buy idea isn't a bad one. Hell, we had the most successful one in Rennlist history back when we first launched the tweeters for the 991.1 cars. I've actually been working out the details of a pre-order/group buy on the Stage Two systems since they are newly available and ready to launch. I'll probably do that in the 991.2 sub forum since there's more traffic there, but I'll se sure to link that in some of the threads her on the 718 side as well.
I received your e-mail, thank-you Nick! I would be interested in a group deal on the Stage 3 system; please add me to your e-mail list if you ever offer special holiday discounts or a group buy.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:19 AM
turbonick
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it worth it to order the Bose “upgrade” the system or just stay with the stock system and then upgrade?
Old 12-02-2021, 02:13 PM
808c2s
Burning Brakes

Received 461 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by turbonick
Is it worth it to order the Bose “upgrade” the system or just stay with the stock system and then upgrade?
I would think staying with the stock system and then upgrading it with Musicar is a more financially sensible approach.
Old 12-02-2021, 02:23 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by nothingman
I received your e-mail, thank-you Nick! I would be interested in a group deal on the Stage 3 system; please add me to your e-mail list if you ever offer special holiday discounts or a group buy.
I've added your info to the roster for a group buy. We're in discussion this week to determine what that will look like but we are going to include discounts for both Stage Two and Stage Three at this point!

Originally Posted by turbonick
Originally Posted by 808c2s
I would think staying with the stock system and then upgrading it with Musicar is a more financially sensible approach.
Depends on a few other factors. Stage Two utilizes mostly factory speakers, so the Bose solution does sound better than the Base Stereo version. That said, it's also about $900 more for the upgrade kit.

If you're planning on Stage Three, the base stereo is perfectly fine. You'll save yourself about $500 on the Musicar upgrade and won't have the $1,000 cost for the OEM Bose system either.
Old 12-02-2021, 03:10 PM
BzzzBom
Banned

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

I’m very happy with the Bose now that I’ve added the MC tweeters. The light package on the GTS came with the Bose. I spent about $850 for the MC teeters labor and parts.
Old 12-07-2021, 11:47 AM
BzzzBom
Banned

Has anyone gone from Stage 1 to Stage 2 and can discuss the incremental improvement at each stage? I have the Bose Stage 1 (tweeter replacement) and noticed a huge improvement. I’m wondering if going to Stage 2 provides as much incremental improvement as going from factory Bose to Stage 1? Also, the Stage 1 to 2 is three times as expensive so it would be interesting to get into the weeds a bit with a discussion of marginal improvement with cost taken into consideration.
The following 2 users liked this post by BzzzBom:
StilettoPat (12-07-2021), zagaone (12-08-2021)
Old 12-07-2021, 01:08 PM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 460 Likes on 286 Posts

I'll have to reach out to Musicar as well, as my Bose system is ok, but even half volume up it still doesn't sound great. I have a feeling it's more in the amp than the speakers, but I'd be interested in seeing if just getting some simple Infinity or Hertz speakers replacements would resolve some issues as far as quality goes. I realize that it's similar to putting lipstick on a pig. Has anyone made any attempt to swap out speakers in the Bose system with the factory amp/items?
Old 12-07-2021, 01:55 PM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 116 Posts

Just shoot me an email at musicarnw@gmail.com — I'll get you all the details!
Subscribed
Sent u an email for any info thx
The following users liked this post:
12v Nick (12-07-2021)
Old 12-07-2021, 02:03 PM
BzzzBom
Banned

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I'll have to reach out to Musicar as well, as my Bose system is ok, but even half volume up it still doesn't sound great. I have a feeling it's more in the amp than the speakers, but I'd be interested in seeing if just getting some simple Infinity or Hertz speakers replacements would resolve some issues as far as quality goes. I realize that it's similar to putting lipstick on a pig. Has anyone made any attempt to swap out speakers in the Bose system with the factory amp/items?
I just swapped out the Bose dash tweeters for the ones from Musicar. No other audio mods. It sounds fantastic. It’s like going from a $2 bottle of wine to a $50 bottle. Replacing the amp, etc may take me to a $200 bottle of wine but I’m not an audiophile (or a wine connoisseur) so for me the tweeter replacement is the sweet spot.
Old 12-07-2021, 02:39 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,721 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Originally Posted by BzzzBom
I just swapped out the Bose dash tweeters for the ones from Musicar. No other audio mods. It sounds fantastic. It’s like going from a $2 bottle of wine to a $50 bottle. Replacing the amp, etc may take me to a $200 bottle of wine but I’m not an audiophile (or a wine connoisseur) so for me the tweeter replacement is the sweet spot.
How hard to replace the tweeters? What’s the cost of stage 1?
Old 12-07-2021, 02:45 PM
BzzzBom
Banned

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
How hard to replace the tweeters? What’s the cost of stage 1?
$595 plus labor. I paid about $850 out the door. Took about 30 min but I wouldn’t do it myself. Others have done it DIY without issue

Last edited by BzzzBom; 12-07-2021 at 05:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Bose upgrade