Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Wheels with GT4 factory fitment

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2021 | 11:57 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Reedy
The OZ Racing Leggera HLT wheels are close to ideal price/looks/performance for me, I just need something equivalent with a 61mm offset. I think this proves that it's possible, I just need to find them.

Anything comparable to OEM wheels price-wise will need to beat them in weight savings for me to go for.
forum member @bwhip ran those rims on his GT4, you could PM him
Old 10-14-2021 | 03:32 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

The F1-R's are the best hence the price. But you can get your money back out of them if you sell when you are done... I think.
Old 10-14-2021 | 05:18 AM
alwaysdriving
Instructor

Originally Posted by Paul E. Dodd
I'd suggest looking into custom-manufactured wheel options such as Forgestar or BC Forged. Not sure about shipping availability to Australia but as an example the BC Forged run on the order of $4k per set. These wheels can be custom specified to match original specs for width and offset. You'd have to check with the manufacturers to find which styles will provide sufficient caliper/toe link clearance.
Did got the Signature Wheels (a parent of BC Forged) the SV104 in 20s,
- They are an inch offset out (made the car flush)
- per side fronts are 20lb and rear 23lb which is lighter than oem an easy to remove 2lb per wheel
- Custom Color matched
- forged
- Friction Locks (stop the tire to move/rotate on the wheel during fast corner entry) which will be used for track
- its really pocket friendly considering our segment.

Imo you don't need to spend the +$8000 - $10,000 for racing wheels unless you are in a race team or planning to build an ultimate track car. just an opinion
- i will remove the wider 10 spacers)
Jimmy did help me alot with my many questions to do this!

Last edited by alwaysdriving; 10-14-2021 at 05:20 AM.
Old 10-14-2021 | 05:27 AM
alwaysdriving
Instructor

Originally Posted by dnimi123
The F1-R's are the best hence the price. But you can get your money back out of them if you sell when you are done... I think.
with Due respect to F1-R they are amazing in every way EXCEPT they are just forged but structurally not considered a strong/ strengthened wheel. i cracked and bent my wheel from a small pothole in the road and never again would use them, again i'm not saying bad things about BBS i'm specifically saying F1-R is very light but not that structurally strong
Old 10-14-2021 | 11:01 AM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by alwaysdriving
with Due respect to F1-R they are amazing in every way EXCEPT they are just forged but structurally not considered a strong/ strengthened wheel. i cracked and bent my wheel from a small pothole in the road and never again would use them, again i'm not saying bad things about BBS i'm specifically saying F1-R is very light but not that structurally strong
We have sold literally 1000+ FI-R with no issues ever.

A pothole that damaged a BBS wheel would have destroyed any other wheel as well. BBS aftermarket wheels are tested to 2,000,000 cycles for radial fatigue and are TÜV approved. Just for a comparison the Original Equipment wheels are tested to 200,000 cycles.

Did you know BBS has a 10 year structural warranty?

They have been known to offer replacements at 50% off if the damage occurred within a certain timeframe I believe 2 years?
The following users liked this post:
MendraSlife (10-16-2021)

Quick Reply: Wheels with GT4 factory fitment