Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline Valve Controller (Inconel Button)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2023 | 09:39 AM
LooseNut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
What a mystery. What’s the new controller like, can you close the smoking lid?
@UncleDude My car does not have the smoking package so no socket in the console or lid. I believe the button I have is the shorter version but I'm not able to verify.
I plan to plug the button into the socket in the passenger footwell which will not be easy to reach. I will try to pair the Inconel button to the car's homelink buttons for ease of use.
Complete kit shown below.

Old 10-17-2023 | 12:09 PM
WarriorGT
Advanced

Question for anyone who has this button. Once you open the valves and the blue light comes on, if you remove the button from the 12v plug and close the lid, do the valves stay open or will they close back up and PSE takes over?
Old 10-18-2023 | 03:40 PM
LooseNut
Rennlist Member

@WarriorGT if I remove the button the valves go back to PSE standard function. For the valves to stay open all the time, the button must be plugged in with the blue light on.

Also, with the Inconel button on, blue light illuminated, the following things happen.
My garage door opener does not work inside the car. If I hold it out the window, the garage door remote works.
None of the key fob buttons work. Door lock / unlock, trunk or hood open.

Early versions of the inconel button have this issue and supposedly Kline was making an updated version to correct the problem.
Old 10-18-2023 | 06:57 PM
LooseNut
Rennlist Member

Default Kline Inconel button review

Update to my August post, #14 above.
I had the Kline Inconel Button valve controller installed and did have to use the reverse polarity adapter.
Pairing Home link with the Inconel Button did not work for me. Home link seems to be a momentary signal and the Inconel button seems to need a constant signal to keep the valves open.
For the valves to stay open all the time, the Inconel Button must be plugged in with the blue light on.

Function
With the Inconel Button in the cigarette socket, push the button so the light illuminates and the valves stay open all the time. Push the button again, light turns off and PSE function returns to OEM.

Side effects
Whenthe Inconel button is on, blue light illuminated, the following things happen.
  • My garage door opener does not work inside the car. (If I hold it out the window, the garage door remote works.)
  • None of the key fob buttons work. Door lock / unlock, trunk or hood open.
Early versions of the Inconel Button were reported to have these issues and supposedly Kline was making an updated version to correct the problem.

I like the simple function but would prefer it did not interfer with my garage door opener or key fob.
The following users liked this post:
WarriorGT (10-19-2023)
Old 10-18-2023 | 07:55 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Sound like it is more trouble than it is worth..... I have the Cargraphic valve controller without any of these annoyances
The following 2 users liked this post by lowbee:
nothingman (10-19-2023), WarriorGT (10-19-2023)
Old 10-19-2023 | 02:25 AM
WarriorGT
Advanced

Originally Posted by LooseNut
Update to my August post, #14 above.
I had the Kline Inconel Button valve controller installed and did have to use the reverse polarity adapter.
Pairing Home link with the Inconel Button did not work for me. Home link seems to be a momentary signal and the Inconel button seems to need a constant signal to keep the valves open.
For the valves to stay open all the time, the Inconel Button must be plugged in with the blue light on.

Function
With the Inconel Button in the cigarette socket, push the button so the light illuminates and the valves stay open all the time. Push the button again, light turns off and PSE function returns to OEM.

Side effects
Whenthe Inconel button is on, blue light illuminated, the following things happen.
  • My garage door opener does not work inside the car. (If I hold it out the window, the garage door remote works.)
  • None of the key fob buttons work. Door lock / unlock, trunk or hood open.
Early versions of the Inconel Button were reported to have these issues and supposedly Kline was making an updated version to correct the problem.

I like the simple function but would prefer it did not interfer with my garage door opener or key fob.

Good info. Thanks for sharing. It seems like a cool concept but Kline didn’t get this one right. I am going to skip it and try some collars. If that doesn’t work out for me, I will go the Cargraphics route.

Quick Reply: Kline Valve Controller (Inconel Button)