Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

12,000 km review

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 04:01 PM
Puggz
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by jake18
We appreciate the review! You drive the Spider, GT4 or GTS? It is not clear in the review.
Apologies Jake, I've updated post #1.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:04 PM
Puggz
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by theEnd
22 thousand miles and my Spyder's steel brakes still squeal unless I slam my foot down on them. I'v gotten used to it.

Oil consumption seems to have slowed down the last 5-6 thousand miles. Before that I was adding a quart (1.0L) every ~3,500 miles.

While it does get aggressive drivers excited, I think the car also commands respect. Reasonable people realize that I'm driving a fast car, and most of them quickly get out of the way when necessary.
Nice to see someone who really puts on the mileage. Aggressive drivers aside, I do get much more respect than when I drive my wife's Macan GTS for some reason. Haters gonna hate.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:27 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by Puggz
I've done the bedding process 3 times, still squeals. Albeit less than b4.
Whether you have the iron discs OR the PCCB's, I have seen extreme examples of both. Some squeak, others don't regardless of which set-up you have.

A lot of it really have to do with how you drive it, the climate and the weather.

I did two test drives before ordering my car, one with Iron and the other with PCCB and NEITHER of them made a peep. Go Figure.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:28 PM
street
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

2020 GT4, Guards, Steel Brakes, LWBs, leather options, etc.

So far so good! 2nd gear grind worked itself out after 6000 km and so far I have 4 track events under my/out belt. Left my frunk open in the sun and the frunk liner is now distorted..lol. Dealer has ordered a replacement under warranty.

Good:
Even with LWBs, road trips are no issue. I've installed the Akro link pipes so its louder and it does get bothersome after a couple of hours. With that being said, its a noisy car and should be
Fuel economy is good. Cruising on the hyw, i'm getting a tad under 10l per 100km. alternatively, a friend with a 2.5ltr boxster S gets mid 7's...

Balance and performance on the track is excellent and i'm now ready for harnesses and a track alignment

Oil consumption is about 3/4 litre in the last 6000km and I drive it pretty hard.

Bad:
Subjective - Although I love a manual, I would prefer it in PDK during track events.

Everybody wants to race me on the road and I feel that my presence brings out the worst in some people. I've seen some really aggressive and stupid stuff happen around me. Everything from sport compacts to SUVs, F150s, etc etc.

Non car people think its a ferrari, i think because its in Guards Red..

Brake squeal. Ok i'm reaching here but does it ever go away?? LOL
I had an 07 RS in orange. Got all kinds of the wrong attention. I felt a more than a little threatened a couple times and sold the car and got a white one. White got no attention at all
Old 09-21-2021, 07:07 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,694 Likes on 2,731 Posts

2020 GT4, Guards, Steel Brakes, LWBs, leather options, etc.

Everybody wants to race me on the road and I feel that my presence brings out the worst in some people. I've seen some really aggressive and stupid stuff happen around me. Everything from sport compacts to SUVs, F150s, etc etc.
Originally Posted by street
I had an 07 RS in orange. Got all kinds of the wrong attention. I felt a more than a little threatened a couple times and sold the car and got a white one. White got no attention at all

Wow, what is it with people... life imitating movies?

Quick Reply: 12,000 km review