Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GTS Available

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 06:42 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 727 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpt Voodoo
Bay Area resident here. As others have noted, ADM is alive and well here in California. I contacted a local dealer about a new 911 S that was spec'd out to my liking, and they came back at $30k over MSRP. I asked for ACM on my trade, to which they responded, "what is ACM?" My response, "Additional Customer Markup". Crickets afterwards.
Love ACM! That is hilarious!

Idk how Porsche allows their dealers to add crazy markups... Feel like if they want to sell more cars and have a stellar brand reputation they should not allow dealers to have ADM's. This is one of the reasons people put their names on lists in multiple dealerships.
The following users liked this post:
kwikit356 (09-20-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 11:11 AM
0-Day
Burning Brakes

Received 754 Likes on 355 Posts

I imagine there are/were quite a few Stop Sale 4.0 orphans like this. In Jan and Feb of this year, people on this very message board (including some that actually had ordered cars that were then placed on Stop Sale) imagined that they would just decline delivery the stop sale car, and then simply get another new build allocation from a different dealer. This perhaps seemed rational at that time in early 2021, as there were dozens of new 4.0 cars in dealer inventories nationally. And it seemed like new build allocations for 4.0 models were readily available at that time.

In retrospect that plan/strategy that seemed plausible in January 2021 probably did not work out as anticipated for the buyers...
Old 09-20-2021, 11:20 AM
Sayemthree
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sin911

Idk how Porsche allows their dealers to add crazy markups... Feel like if they want to sell more cars and have a stellar brand reputation they should not allow dealers to have ADM's. This is one of the reasons people put their names on lists in multiple dealerships.
The problem is they just don’t have MORE cars to sell.
Old 09-20-2021, 11:38 AM
OttawaSteve
Burning Brakes

Received 582 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by sin911

Manufacturers have no legal hammer to prevent ADM in the USA. They cannot even terminate a franchise agreement with a dealer without justifiable cause and in some jurisdictions, would have to bear all costs associated with the termination if it were allowed. The dealers hold all the cards.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:10 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Has someone actually confirmed that this is a stop sale car or are we just assuming?

And an ADM on a stripper GTS is ridiculous. Finding someone to buy it around sticker is going to be a trick. If someone is looking for a stripper car to track, they'd be looking at the GT4, not the GTS.

Last edited by Archimedes; 09-20-2021 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:22 PM
Sayemthree
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Has someone actually confirmed that this is a stop sale car or are we just assuming?

And an ADM on a stripper GTS is ridiculous. Finding someone to buy it around sticker is going to be a trick. If someone is looking for a stripper car to track, they'd be looking at the GT4, not the GTS.
according to the SA it is a stop order car.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:46 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,181 Posts

How many for sale in the US? Handful? Someone will pay to get it now. May not be $25K over, but it’ll be a healthy bunch.

Year ago RL had threads on GT4s stacking up and how they should be discounted.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:54 PM
corner worker
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

I purchased a stop sale car that was abandoned and paid no ADM for the vehicle. It was actually interesting to see the new vehicles all at MSRP and anything used was marked up significantly over its original MSRP. Whether the dealer was charging ADM on allocations, I can't say. I don't see why anyone would have an issue buying a stop sale car, it was a full long block replacement in what is essentially an engine out service (not uncommon), and they provided an 8yr unlimited mile warranty on the motor that transfers with the car. The stickers tie the engine to the chassis as the original equipment at time of delivery. What you pay is a matter of your wallet and your patience.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:14 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Originally Posted by corner worker
it was a full long block replacement in what is essentially an engine out service (not uncommon),
I don’t know of any “common” 718 engine out services. Which services are you referring to?
Old 09-20-2021, 02:25 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
How many for sale in the US? Handful? Someone will pay to get it now. May not be $25K over, but it’ll be a healthy bunch.

Year ago RL had threads on GT4s stacking up and how they should be discounted.
But this is an ugly car with zero options. I honestly doubt there are many/any people sitting out there saying 'man I just wish I could order a black-black base model GTS, with zero options except $5k in bucket seats! I'd pay anything for that!'

The guy who ordered it was probably trying to keep cost down, as would most would-be buyers of a car like that.

Last edited by Archimedes; 09-20-2021 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:28 PM
corner worker
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
I don’t know of any “common” 718 engine out services. Which services are you referring to?
I suppose they wouldn't be typical services per se:

- Clutch
- Engine mounts
- Slave cylinder (maybe done without but it didn't look accessible)
- Anything required in the heads

I get your point, it would be disingenuous to insinuate it was routine for everything or that your engine gets pulled at each service. The idea that the car could never be right again though is an equal leap off the other side of the bridge.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:49 PM
Randy_B
Pro

Received 566 Likes on 255 Posts

I would like to have a no-options Guards Red 6-speed Cayman GTS actually, in fact that is my ideal spec with not much else. I would get it without park sensors, light washers, sports chrono **** and the thing on the roof if it was possible in the US. No stripped track tool either - just a purist road car.

Last edited by Randy_B; 09-20-2021 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:55 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by corner worker;[url=tel:17677940
17677940[/url]]I suppose they wouldn't be typical services per se:

- Clutch
- Engine mounts
- Slave cylinder (maybe done without but it didn't look accessible)
- Anything required in the heads

I get your point, it would be disingenuous to insinuate it was routine for everything or that your engine gets pulled at each service. The idea that the car could never be right again though is an equal leap off the other side of the bridge.
Your dealer has a policy of never charging a markup on a new car. While I walked away from a (that) stop-sale car, it wasn’t because I wondered about the reliability of the car. I walked away because the communication was so insulting I couldn’t tolerate it anymore. Porsche engine swaps are a dime a dozen. The car is fine plus it has an 8 year unlimited mileage warranty. If I had bought it, I would have done cross country trips five times a year until the warranty ran out.

Old 09-20-2021, 02:59 PM
corner worker
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy
I would have done cross country trips five times a year until the warranty ran out.
I think I need to take a leave of absence.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:36 PM
Kgoheen
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TRZ06
That is Bay Area dealers for you, they are the absolute WORST!!! I will never buy a car in the Bay Area, always go to So. Cal. I realize we are in crazy times right now, but still, Bay Area dealers rape you and they get away with it because there is a lot of money here in Silicon Valley.

I just plain do not give them my business, no matter the brand.
I’m in the South Bay (Silicon Valley) and bought my GT4 locally last February. I payed MSRP and they threw in a free oil/filter change at 2,000 miles.

Quick Reply: GTS Available