Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GTS 4.0 Delivery Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2021, 12:20 AM
sonicworld
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 117 Posts

How's the race-tex steering wheel & shifter holding up? Do you clean it? Must be nice in the colder weather though.
Old 12-18-2021, 12:56 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,497 Likes on 2,253 Posts

Originally Posted by sonicworld
How's the race-tex steering wheel & shifter holding up? Do you clean it? Must be nice in the colder weather though.
Holding up fine. To be honest I thought the racetex would have a deeper “pile”. It really isn’t that fuzzy, but I’m sure it does compress a bit. I have no concerns with it and will maintain it with that Sonax stuff, but so far I’ve not felt the need. I love the feel of it on the wheel, seats and console. It is warm to the touch in the cold weather, that is a plus. I really love the car, I’ve got about 5600 km’s on it now.

I’ve got this coming next week, according to the delivery estimate. Install is January 7th at Porsche.

Soul valved rear section

Current winter setup

Last edited by UncleDude; 12-18-2021 at 12:57 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by UncleDude:
Dan Nagy (12-19-2021), JBM718GTS (12-18-2021), P-car-Vancouver (12-18-2021), sonicworld (12-18-2021)
Old 02-06-2022, 01:50 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Originally Posted by UncleDude

So UncleDude, just wanted to follow up re your initial review and your feelings re your option choices now that more time has passed. I read you love the headlights but wished you had optioned yellow seat belts. But hey, at least that can be easily rectified. Any other thoughts? I'm particularly curious re the brushed aluminum trim as not sure you have commented on that? Seems like it could really uplift the base interior short of going full race-tex/leather, which I have mixed feelings about. And any followup thoughts re Bose? Where you able to tune-it-in? Do you find you listen to music all that much to have possibly spent more? I've been considering the MusiCar system but not sure I even want to spend $2500, like maybe Bose at $1K is good enough? Thanks!
Old 02-06-2022, 03:48 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sonicworld
So UncleDude, just wanted to follow up re your initial review and your feelings re your option choices now that more time has passed. I read you love the headlights but wished you had optioned yellow seat belts. But hey, at least that can be easily rectified. Any other thoughts? I'm particularly curious re the brushed aluminum trim as not sure you have commented on that? Seems like it could really uplift the base interior short of going full race-tex/leather, which I have mixed feelings about. And any followup thoughts re Bose? Where you able to tune-it-in? Do you find you listen to music all that much to have possibly spent more? I've been considering the MusiCar system but not sure I even want to spend $2500, like maybe Bose at $1K is good enough? Thanks!
In short, it is a hell of a car!

I am still happy with my options, and still would’ve added the yellow belts for one more pop of colour inside the cabin. The brushed aluminum is very nice, and I would get it again even though it doesn’t match the chrome. I think there’s enough chrome in there for it to not look odd, though I could see someone not liking that. Blacked brushed would’ve been a good choice too.

The headlights are amazing, and the bose is OK but I can’t seem to find a setting that works for all the music varieties I like. Like Surround sounds good with Jazz but crappy with Green Day……… whatever, it sounds OK and I can certainly listen to it at a good volume and enjoy it in the car. I’d get it again, I’d never spend $5k on a system, I’m just not into music in the car that much. Generally I am just listening to the intake and exhaust sounds.

I am also fine with the base interior. The seats are nice, the headliner is racetex and the textured rubber dash doesn’t bother me in the least. We were motivated by as little animal skin as possible, so this trim level worked well for us. The only surprise was that the brushed aluminum isn’t on the doors because of base interior.

Hope that ramble helps.
The following 2 users liked this post by UncleDude:
P-car-Vancouver (02-06-2022), TripleL (02-07-2022)
Old 08-20-2022, 06:15 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

It has been a year. I had the first service done and the hood panel gaps fixed under warranty. The car has been rock solid and a joy to drive, and the yellow colour makes so many people smile - especially little kids. There may be a spyder in my future, but as the months tick by that looks less and less likely.

I can live with this rascal though, and the warranty is now registered to 2029 with unlimited miles! I might try the resonated Soul over axle pipes with the stock rear section at some point as well, but other than that I don’t see any other modifications. I also need to get to the track.

The following 11 users liked this post by UncleDude:
benbernanke (08-21-2022), CatVaux (08-20-2022), IL_Pete (08-21-2022), JBM718GTS (08-20-2022), Josh_357 (08-20-2022), P-car-Vancouver (08-20-2022), RoadrunnerGTS (08-21-2022), slilley (08-21-2022), tigerhonaker (08-21-2022), TripleL (08-22-2022), Westcoast (08-20-2022) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-20-2022, 07:00 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Originally Posted by UncleDude
It has been a year. I had the first service done and the hood panel gaps fixed under warranty. The car has been rock solid and a joy to drive, and the yellow colour makes so many people smile - especially little kids. There may be a spyder in my future, but as the months tick by that looks less and less likely.

I can live with this rascal though, and the warranty is now registered to 2029 with unlimited miles! I might try the resonated Soul over axle pipes with the stock rear section at some point as well, but other than that I don’t see any other modifications. I also need to get to the track.
I don't think I ever seen a car get so much love. Long may you run!
The following 3 users liked this post by sonicworld:
Dan Nagy (08-21-2022), P-car-Vancouver (08-20-2022), UncleDude (08-20-2022)

Quick Reply: GTS 4.0 Delivery Weekend