Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Where to find a Boxster GTS 4.0 allocation?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 10:28 PM
ChewyBongo
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to find a Boxster GTS 4.0 allocation?

Hey guys, my local dealer here literally confirmed their last allocation to someone 1 hour before I called! Such a bummer.

I've called dealers in a few states, no luck.

Does anyone know where I can find one or try my luck? DM's welcome

Last edited by ChewyBongo; 08-14-2021 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2021, 07:58 AM
confused66
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

Hey Chewy Bongo
Think everyone will tell you the same thing. Because allocations are so hard to get, you can't put all your eggs in one basket. Call every dealer in a (whatever you're comfortable with) radius and tell them what you want. Some folks go hundreds and hundreds of mine to secure one. Put down a (fully refundable) deposit as necessary to show them that you're serious. Call dealers in other states. You'd have to arrange for delivery, but (from what others are saying) a small price to pay for a guaranteed allocation. Many folks recommend going through a broker (don't know how as I haven't paid a lot of attention as I was lucky enough to get an allocation). You'll have to pay a small amount ($1k seems to be most often quoted but they do the work for you.) Lastly, and this seems to be a change and you'd have to be comfortable with it, used to be that everyone was dead set against ADM. In this environment, some folks seem to have changed their mind for the psychological security of a "guarantee" and say that $5k ADM is worth an allocation. That would have to be your call, but I'm sure there will be many posts here recommending lots of great ideas. Good luck!!
Old 08-15-2021, 08:04 AM
OttawaSteve
Burning Brakes

Received 581 Likes on 314 Posts

Also have a read through the forum. This has been an issue for a while and there have been lots and lots of posts about it, including some successes.

Quick Reply: Where to find a Boxster GTS 4.0 allocation?