Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Comments on GT Silver CGTS build

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2021 | 12:29 AM
BzzzBom
Banned

I’ve checked out every dealer within 25 miles. Some have more samples than others
The following users liked this post:
sonicworld (08-03-2021)
Old 08-03-2021 | 01:36 AM
GarrettGTS
Advanced

Definitely go look, and go outside with the samples if possible. If you can’t see it in person, here is what I saw:

Before I ordered, I visited a dealer with a GT Silver GT4 and a Dolomite thing (Macan? Can’t remember.) right next to it. Cars were inside, but there were skylights and it was sunny. I found GT Silver to be a little bit darker and a more neutral grey. Dolomite was more blueish looking straight at the paint, but more yellow when looking at an angle, and lighter overall. But it is small differences we are talking about. I liked GT Silver better, but if it had not been available, I would have no regrets about Dolomite. Nobody seems to order Dolomite, though, so if you want a rare color…
Old 08-03-2021 | 02:37 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Originally Posted by SpeedySpidey
Yeah, I don’t think that would be a problem. How did the Luxor look with the Dolomite?
Did they have a GT Silver in the lot?

Seeing colors in the sun really can help too. I really wanted Gentian Blue, but once I saw it in the sun, I changed my mind.
Originally Posted by GarrettGTS
Definitely go look, and go outside with the samples if possible. If you can’t see it in person, here is what I saw:

Before I ordered, I visited a dealer with a GT Silver GT4 and a Dolomite thing (Macan? Can’t remember.) right next to it. Cars were inside, but there were skylights and it was sunny. I found GT Silver to be a little bit darker and a more neutral grey. Dolomite was more blueish looking straight at the paint, but more yellow when looking at an angle, and lighter overall. But it is small differences we are talking about. I liked GT Silver better, but if it had not been available, I would have no regrets about Dolomite. Nobody seems to order Dolomite, though, so if you want a rare color…
Didn't bother checking the Luxor with Dolomite as I don't care for blueish silver. When I got to the dealer the SA drove us to their warehouse 1/2 mile down the road to look at a red Cayman GTS that had just arrived. Had I known there would be a GT Silver 718 there I would have brought the Black/Luxor swatch with us. I would say about 95% of their cars had black interiors but we did find a Cayenne that had Chalk. It was very nice but not sure I want it in my car. I just found another dealer that has a GT Silver Cayman in stock, plus a 911 that has the Black/Red Bordeaux interior. Hope to make the trek this weekend so I can cinch my configuration.

Last edited by sonicworld; 08-03-2021 at 07:25 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by sonicworld:
GarrettGTS (08-04-2021), P-car-Vancouver (08-07-2021)
Old 08-19-2021 | 01:21 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Originally Posted by GarrettGTS
Your options are very similar to mine, which is GT Silver with full Bordeaux. I went with the free standard trim in the interior, and it looks fine, plus the finish matches on dash, steering wheel, shifter, etc. unlike many here, I am not a fan of the leather interior trim. I think it makes things look like there were too many pieces stuck together to build the dash. And doors. I almost ordered the free silver wheel, and I like the look. I stuck with the regular headlights but spent money on Carrera Sport wheels in GT Silver to pretty much match your MSRP.

For other small things to consider, the light design package puts lights in the foot wells and visor mirror, which would be nice if you drive in the dark with those fancy headlights. The multifunction steering wheel gets rid of the somewhat awkward wand to control car functions, plus it’s heated, if that matters to you. I’ve only had my car a short time, so I can’t say how important some of these functional choices are to me.

For colors, all of the two-tone interiors look great to me, and I think your color choice looks totally fine. Plus Luxor is more practical than chalk. I see soooooooo many cars with black interiors that I feel like we should get something else when there is a choice.
So Garrett, any further thoughts on the Design Light Pkg & Multi-function Steering Wheel? I was all in with the DLP with a black interior but not sure it's necessary with beige. Have you had a chance to drive at night to further develop your thoughts? And I originally told myself my next car would have a heated steering wheel but this will not be a daily nor an all season car so don't feel it's a must. I get what you're saying re the control wand but I suspect that without navigation that 3rd gauge cluster may very well end up being left on the same screen.

Last edited by sonicworld; 08-19-2021 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-20-2021 | 02:14 AM
GarrettGTS
Advanced

I haven’t driven in the dark yet, so can’t comment on the interior lights from a functional perspective. From a regrets perspective, I couldn’t decide if it would make me mad that an expensive car would have worse interior lights than my 10-year-old Focus, or if I would feel ripped off paying extra for it! For now I’m happy with the choice to pay to avoid regrets.

On the wheel, I’m more mixed. The controls are great, and I’m using them a lot as I learn the car, but I like the simple look of the regular wheel. I’m my mild climate, heating is not very important, but I have already turned it on…accidentally on a warm day. If you feel that your next car should have a heated wheel, don’t overthink it.

Old 08-20-2021 | 12:35 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sonicworld
So Garrett, any further thoughts on the Design Light Pkg & Multi-function Steering Wheel? I was all in with the DLP with a black interior but not sure it's necessary with beige. Have you had a chance to drive at night to further develop your thoughts? And I originally told myself my next car would have a heated steering wheel but this will not be a daily nor an all season car so don't feel it's a must. I get what you're saying re the control wand but I suspect that without navigation that 3rd gauge cluster may very well end up being left on the same screen.
It may have been addressed up above or in other threads, but one of the reasons for getting the DLP is that it puts power at your rearview mirror. So if you want to do any harwired radar detector work it is quite convenient to have power to tap into versus having to run wires.
Old 08-20-2021 | 01:02 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Originally Posted by flynlo
It may have been addressed up above or in other threads, but one of the reasons for getting the DLP is that it puts power at your rearview mirror. So if you want to do any harwired radar detector work it is quite convenient to have power to tap into versus having to run wires.
I did not know that. So as part of that pkg there are LED's in the mirror?
Old 08-20-2021 | 01:05 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sonicworld
I did not know that. So as part of that pkg there are LED's in the mirror?
There's a low level ambient light in the bottom of the mirror that has an adjustable intensity. It puts a very faint glow downward on the console making it easier to see the buttons and controls at night. I can't 100% say for sure that cars without the light design package are missing it though.

But in any case, I like the other low level glows it adds around the car plus the color is adjustable. I wouldn't get a car without it myself since I'm accustomed to having it in any other car I've had in a long time; even my F150 King Ranch has it included standard in that package.

Last edited by StormRune; 08-20-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Comments on GT Silver CGTS build