Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Spyder build questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2021 | 11:13 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

A) Options I love and WOULD order again:
1. PCCBs (no brake dust epic stopping power, my 3rd Porsche with them)
2. Full leather, including the steering column
3. Apple Car Play
4. PTS (well, if you can get it, but there's lots of other great easy to get colours), but not a deal breaker.
5. Platinum wheels - super nice and don't show the dirt as much
6. LWBS I was on the fence (like many of you) about these but in the end happy I did ticked that box. They, for my body style, are super comfy and when the top is off a breeze to get into (well, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but the 4-ways are no breeze either!) and they just look SUPER sexy!
7. Race-tex / Alcantara visors - love the feel. Just need to get those ugly warning labels off. In the future order from Polish supply company withOut them?
8. Light design package
9. Bi-Xenon lights in black with PDLS - love the 4-pot look
10. Exclusive Design Filler Cap! YES! It's new and cool.
11. Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell - holds the radar detector and cord etc...

B) Options I WISHED I'd ordered but PTS build closed too quickly:
1. Alternate stitching - silver would have been nice... or even the Red/Gray Classic interior, making it truly vintage through-back with the Olso Blue. Now that would have POPPED but maybe a bit too much... - not so easy fix and will not do anything.
2. Smoking Package to get the centre consul outlet for the plugin radar detector.
3. Illuminated Custom Door Sills - super sexy at night and the captioning is fun - easy fix, I'll probably order illuminated sills from Suncoast and get the dealer to install
4. PTS key covers? Maybe but they're super pricey, could get chipped etc... can order some in white, silver, yellow?
5. Silver seatbelts - easy fix, can add these later...
6. Model delete - easy fix

C) Options I'm happy I DIDN'T order:
1. Bose or Burmester audio upgrade - the base is great IMO and I generally don't listen to music unless I'm stuck in traffic and then you have to ask yourself why you're driving your Spyder in traffic etc...
2. Dual climate control - what for? The car is so small and I'm in it 98% of the time alone. My wife is not a happy passenger, at least with my driving "style"...
3. Rollbar hoops painted. I love the look of the car with just the "power domes" by themselves
4. Multi-function Steering Wheel - I love the clean look and feel of a GT wheel.

D) Options I ordered but I'm ON THE FENCE :
1. CF Interior trim. It's nice but tends to darken the interior. Should be fine once I lighten up the seats with some Pepita LWCF seat inserts from P1 Designs!
2. MT vs. PDK. I can't believe I'm writing this but up to my MT Spyder arriving I had repeated use of a good friend's 2011 TTS Cab PDK and really enjoyed romping on it. It's an amazing transmission.

Last edited by Zeus993; 07-21-2021 at 11:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DelkHenn (07-22-2021)
Old 07-21-2021 | 11:27 AM
Omega12
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TheBeav
Following on from some of the suggestions above, I have a similar GR (2020) to your build and do have red hoops and CF interior. Sometimes it helps to see it, even in a photo. Extended dash leather w red deviated stitching. No leather on chrono clock or vents.

All my previous Porsches have been black or GT silver. My neighbor has had a 991.1 cab in GR and I've always loved the look with the black top, so I went with red. I love it on the Spyder, especially with all of the black accents. It does attract a lot more attention, though, when I'm out and about.

If I was spec'ing the car today I would be very tempted by the Shark blue.

Good luck with your build!!

Looks fantastic! I had a GR 981 GT4 and now I have a GT silver Spyder 😂

Quick Reply: Spyder build questions