Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dead battery after sitting 6 days!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 07:06 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,694 Likes on 2,731 Posts

Originally Posted by Goodwood
Crap, then I don't have one. I took mine out as I preferred the little cubby of the non-smoker's pkg.
Then to make things simple I would suggest connecting to the battery, in fact I am considering this just to make it even simpler to connect the car to the charger when I park in the garage. FWIW, I am not aware of any downsides to this approach.
Old 07-22-2021, 07:12 PM
Goodwood
Racer

Received 142 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Then to make things simple I would suggest connecting to the battery, in fact I am considering this just to make it even simpler to connect the car to the charger when I park in the garage. FWIW, I am not aware of any downsides to this approach.
Ok, but what about the cover in the frunk? Can you leave the cover on and leave the leads sticking out somewhere? I wouldn't want to have to take the cover off every time. I still haven't put it back on from my jump start a few days ago! Do the ring connections go on behind the battery bolt? Can you tell I'm not very mechanically inclined?
Old 07-22-2021, 07:18 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

Here's a link to my post in a thread a few years ago along with photos I took showing where I left the direct-connect plug sitting under the wipers where it was easy to get to but not visible unless you looked for it. There are some other good photos and information in that thread too. Be sure to see post #40 as well for a photo of one plugged in.

There's a big plus of having this connector there too: If you ever have your battery go completely dead with the doors locked you aren't stuck trying to use the emergency key/release options. You can just attach the charger from the outside to get some power to the car.

See: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1120...l#post15572002

Last edited by StormRune; 07-22-2021 at 07:20 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by StormRune:
Goodwood (07-22-2021), Westcoast (07-22-2021)
Old 07-22-2021, 07:22 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,694 Likes on 2,731 Posts

Originally Posted by Goodwood
Ok, but what about the cover in the frunk? Can you leave the cover on and leave the leads sticking out somewhere? I wouldn't want to have to take the cover off every time. I still haven't put it back on from my jump start a few days ago! Do the ring connections go on behind the battery bolt? Can you tell I'm not very mechanically inclined?
As long as the leads are long enough you should be able to connect them to the battery terminals, (you will see the bolts they fit on top) then snake the wire over to the passenger side and have the connector sit at the corner of the windshield just under the rear edge of the hood.

Just like this, below!

Originally Posted by StormRune
Here's a link to my post in a thread a few years ago along with photos I took showing where I left the direct-connect plug sitting under the wipers where it was easy to get to but not visible unless you looked for it. There are some other good photos and information in that thread too. Be sure to see post #40 as well for a photo of one plugged in.

There's a big plus of having this connector there too: If you ever have your battery go completely dead with the doors locked you aren't stuck trying to use the emergency key/release options. You can just attach the charger from the outside to get some power to the car.

See: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1120...l#post15572002
The following users liked this post:
Goodwood (07-22-2021)

Quick Reply: Dead battery after sitting 6 days!