Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

How is the "standard" trim?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2021 | 01:47 AM
JBSea
Instructor

Default How is the "standard" trim?

Is there anyone that has the 'standard' trim in a GTS 4.0? On the configurator it looks ok, but is it cheap and/or plasticky looking in real life?

Is brushed aluminum or carbon fiber (or leather) a necessity? Or does it look fine without one of those $1000+ choices?

Thanks.
Old 06-30-2021 | 01:53 AM
dicker
Intermediate

It looks like silver plastic trying to simulate metal. I sat in 3 different caymans with it this morning and it's not terrible, but it gets fingerprinted and reflects sunlight. I was debating cutting it off of my order to save the $900, but that's a pretty small amount compared to the price of the car, and I ended up going with the brushed aluminum.

Which interior are you trying to pair the trim with?
Old 06-30-2021 | 02:08 AM
Laszlo_Laz
Pro

Originally Posted by dicker
It looks like silver plastic trying to simulate metal. I sat in 3 different caymans with it this morning and it's not terrible, but it gets fingerprinted and reflects sunlight. I was debating cutting it off of my order to save the $900, but that's a pretty small amount compared to the price of the car, and I ended up going with the brushed aluminum.

That’s a perfect description. It looks good and very acceptable but it’s not beautiful.

I saw brushed aluminum on the 25th Anniversary and that’s beautiful.
Old 06-30-2021 | 02:09 AM
JBSea
Instructor

Originally Posted by dicker

Either black or the black/burgundy. It is not a huge dollar amount, you are correct.....but each one adds up and here in the land of 10+% sales tax it adds up even faster......

Thanks for the input.
Old 06-30-2021 | 02:15 AM
dicker
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JBSea
Either black or the black/burgundy. It is not a huge dollar amount, you are correct.....but each one adds up and here in the land of 10+% sales tax it adds up even faster......

Thanks for the input.
If you're trying to keep the cost down, I think it would work with the black/bordeaux or the black interior. I will say it matches the silver trim on the wheel, door handles and shifter well.

I ended up going with the brushed because it matches the bar behind the seats and somewhat works with the silver seatbacks. Here's my build if it helps at all : http://www.porsche-code.com/PN1RR7M2
Old 06-30-2021 | 02:21 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Well described above. I went with very few options, and the brushed aluminum was one of them.

Old 06-30-2021 | 02:25 AM
JBSea
Instructor

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Well described above. I went with very few options, and the brushed aluminum was one of them.

Helpful pic. thanks.

Seems like the black brushed could look cool with the black/burgundy interior...... see how easy they make it to $pend? ha ha
Old 06-30-2021 | 02:32 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JBSea
Helpful pic. thanks.

Seems like the black brushed could look cool with the black/burgundy interior...... see how easy they make it to $pend? ha ha
We saw black brushed on a boxster and it looked great. I do think it will show finger prints more easily though ( if that bugs you ).

Now too bad the shifter does didn’t match.

Old 06-30-2021 | 03:03 AM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

My SA talked me out of brushed aluminum and I kept the standard trim as he said it matched the door pulls better ( in the BGTS) . I will see when I get it if I regret it, as I do like the brushed look as I had it in both my BMW’s.
The following users liked this post:
Paiceyfan (06-30-2021)
Old 06-30-2021 | 03:25 AM
CurbKiller
Instructor

We saw black brushed on a boxster and it looked great. I do think it will show finger prints more easily though ( if that bugs you ).

I am in the same boat. I currently have brushed aluminium trim on my GTS and also selected the no cost option that added a matching gear lever which incidentally also matches the shift boot colour to the interior. In my case, graphite. Seem odd they don't offer this on the GT4 or Spyder. It's something I'm looking to add to my order as my OCD would go into overdrive lol.

Old 06-30-2021 | 08:26 AM
0-Day
Burning Brakes

I think the brushed aluminum dash trim is perfect for a Cayman because then it matches the door sill plate and that huge brushed aluminum piece that goes across the rear hatch connecting the oil and coolant fill holes.

I have a GT4, which has brushed aluminum interior dash trim standard.
Old 06-30-2021 | 08:39 AM
Dyim
Drifting

I had it on my 991.

Definitely plasticky looking.

Just like any other options, don’t look too hard at the upgrade that is available. For me personally, it cannot be ‘unseen’.

Full leather, deviated stitching, alcantara visors….there is no end.

My own personal pet peeve is interior trim should match door sills.

Good luck going down the rabbit hole of Porsche options, aka Porsche tax.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dyim:
JBSea (07-01-2021), sonicworld (07-01-2021)
Old 06-30-2021 | 08:57 AM
SKM
Burning Brakes

Default Brushed aluminum shifter

You can order no charge optional brushed aluminum shift **** that matches the brushed aluminum trim. I am very pleased with the optional brushed aluminum trim and standard black interior with non-ventilated black leather 18 way sport seats in my CGTS 4.0.

Last edited by SKM; 06-30-2021 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-30-2021 | 09:15 AM
Dnomis
AutoX

I went standard spec on the interior and am very happy with it 👍
The following 2 users liked this post by Dnomis:
P-car-Vancouver (06-30-2021), sonicworld (12-17-2021)
Old 06-30-2021 | 09:50 AM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Personally not buying GTS for its interior. Its a sports car, minimalistic interior is my approach. I only went 'extended leather' with remaining trim stock. Rather spend that $5-7k on other options/upgrades.

Quick Reply: How is the "standard" trim?