Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Werks Reunion

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 10:52 AM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 962 Posts

Anyone read the Laguna Seca update

Vaccine proof or negative test before entering

This came with my Pit Row Suite order;

Health and Safety Disclaimer to Ticket Purchasers The wellbeing of guests, participants, staff, volunteers and vendors is the highest priority at Laguna Seca Recreation Area and WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca. Consequently, under current State of California and County of Monterey health directives, the following procedures are in effect for events and are subject to change. Each ticket purchaser agrees to and affirms the ticket is for the purchaser and member of the purchaser's immediate household; resides in the State of California; and each ticket holder has tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of the event or can furnish a completed COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, which may randomly be checked upon entering the park and before parking. Even with the abundance of open areas, capacity at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, including the paddock and and hospitality areas, may be limited based on directives by the State of California and/or County of Monterey at the time of the event. Face coverings and physical distancing will be required throughout the Laguna Seca Recreation Area. If the event is canceled due to Force Majeure, which includes pandemics, refunds will be provided. All ticketed guests are to enter through South Boundary Road; please follow posted directional signage to access South Boundary Road via Highway 218/Canyon Del Rey. Guests are asked to purchase tickets prior to arrival. Admission ticket scanning will be contactless. Contactless payment methods are preferred for purchases throughout event, please plan accordingly. To avoid the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the health and wellbeing of each person entering the Laguna Seca Recreation Area, you truthfully agree and confirm to the following declarations: * I will wear a face covering and honor all social distancing directives while at the event. * I have not traveled outside of California within the past 14 days. * I have not knowingly come in close contact (within 6 feet) in the past 14 days with someone who has, in the past 14 days, returned from travel to an area that is under Level 2, 3 or 4 Travel Advisory based on COVID-19, according to the U.S. State Department. * I have not knowingly come in close contact (within 6 feet) in the past 14 days with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19. * I have not had a fever greater than 100.4 F or 38.0 C in the past 14 days. * I have not had a cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, headache, chills, repeated shaking from the chills, extreme fatigue, muscle pain, numbness in hands or feet, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or loss of taste and smell in the past 14 days. * All tickets are being purchased for members of my immediate family and reside within the State of California. * Prior to entering Laguna Seca Recreation Area for the event, I have been tested within the last 72 hours for COVID-19 with negative results or I hold a valid COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card. A negative test result or a valid COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card will be held on my person while at the event. By purchasing this ticket, you acknowledge and agree that you are voluntarily assuming all risks of exposure to COVID-19. WHILE ATTENDING EVENTS AT LAGUNA SECA RECREATION AREA AND WEATHERTECH RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA HOLDER AND PURCHASER WILL BE EXPOSED TO MANY PEOPLE AND THE RISK OF CONTRACTING A COMMUNICABLE DISEASE OR ILLNESS IS SERIOUS AND DANGEROUS AND MAY INVOLVE RISK OF SERIOUS ILLNESS AND/OR DEATH. HOLDER AND PURCHASER VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ALL RISKS, HAZARDS AND DANGERS arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting a communicable disease or illness (including exposure to COVID-19, a bacteria, virus, or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or potential claims against the Laguna Seca Recreation Area, WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, the County of Monterey, and A and D Consulting LLC or their officers, agents, employees, or otherwise. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY, AND UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO IT, AND HAVE ELECTRONICALLY AGREED TO FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY ELECTRONIC AGREEMENT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW

Last edited by 996AE; 08-03-2021 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:43 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Thanks for sharing. My corral pass didn't come with any other communication except a letter thanking me for registering and the instructions for getting to the event and where to enter the event. No email with this message either.
Old 08-03-2021, 01:59 PM
KelvinC
Burning Brakes

Received 1,057 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Thanks for sharing. My corral pass didn't come with any other communication except a letter thanking me for registering and the instructions for getting to the event and where to enter the event. No email with this message either.
996AE posted that the announcement was for Laguna Seca. Works Reunion is at Bayonet Golf Course, so email/comms lists are likely different.

I will have my vaccine card and mask with me regardless.
The following users liked this post:
halfmonkey (08-04-2021)
Old 08-03-2021, 03:42 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I would not expect the traffic to be any better getting to Bayonet than it was at Corral de Tierra in the past. There is basically one way in and out of Bayonet and almost everyone is going to use the same exit off of Highway 1 and enter the course from the north. And there is one rough service road as you enter the course. If there is high attendance, there could be a bit of a jam up during peak periods.

Old 08-03-2021, 04:01 PM
KelvinC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I would not expect the traffic to be any better getting to Bayonet than it was at Corral de Tierra in the past. There is basically one way in and out of Bayonet and almost everyone is going to use the same exit off of Highway 1 and enter the course from the north. And there is one rough service road as you enter the course. If there is high attendance, there could be a bit of a jam up during peak periods.
Definitely. A friend of mine is in contact with some of the planners, and there's an estimate of around 2000 cars with the single way in and out. There's apparently some work underway to work through how to get all the cars in without backing up the roads.

I have never been to this location, but also heard that previous events there (Concorso Italiano), people have scraped wheels as some cars were guided down golf cart trails...some getting a bit too narrow for cars.

Let's hope it won't be chaos!

Old 08-03-2021, 04:04 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

I didn't want to be the buzz killer, but yes, the entrance road on the property sucks and I honestly don't know where they're going to park all of the cars without getting some scrapes. Zero chance I would drive my GT4 out there.

There are two positives of having it at Bayonet. First, there are some great views of the Monterey Bay from there on a clear day. Second, the course is such utter shiitte, that the cars really can't do too much damage.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:31 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KelvinC
My Corral Pass showed up today too. Hope to see you there!
What part of the country are you driving from?
Old 08-04-2021, 11:36 AM
KelvinC
Burning Brakes

What part of the country are you driving from?
I’ll be headed there the morning of…leaving from the peninsula (Foster City).

Meeting up with some friends who will already be staying in Monterey the night before, and then headed to the entrance.

You’re welcome to join me as I head down, but I will be leaving early…probably around 5am.
halfmonkey (08-04-2021)
Old 08-04-2021, 11:39 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,347 Posts

I'll be there Friday also, got a Corral pass...
halfmonkey (08-04-2021)
Old 08-04-2021, 12:24 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

I’ll be headed there the morning of…leaving from the peninsula (Foster City).

Meeting up with some friends who will already be staying in Monterey the night before, and then headed to the entrance.

You’re welcome to join me as I head down, but I will be leaving early…probably around 5am.
I'm staying in the Redwood City area and from people saying how bad traffic is, I was also thinking of leaving early. Don't know the area well. I'd be interested in meeting up to drive down together. Do you have a place you recommend to meet?

Google Map says for me to take the 280 down to the 17 but I'm guessing lots of people will be driving the 17. I think I might take the 280 all the down to the 101 and keep going all the way down and then switch over to the 68, then to the 218, and then onto General Jim Moore Blvd to enter the event.
Old 08-04-2021, 01:00 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,347 Posts

I'm staying in the Redwood City area and from people saying how bad traffic is, I was also thinking of leaving early. Don't know the area well. I'd be interested in meeting up to drive down together. Do you have a place you recommend to meet?

Google Map says for me to take the 280 down to the 17 but I'm guessing lots of people will be driving the 17. I think I might take the 280 all the down to the 101 and keep going all the way down and then switch over to the 68, then to the 218, and then onto General Jim Moore Blvd to enter the event.
17 wont be a problem - the traffic will start to be an issue on rt 1 as it enters Monterey/Carmel... 68 from 101 also...

Last edited by Larry Cable; 08-04-2021 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-04-2021, 01:13 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Halfmonkey, check traffic before you go and if it's clear, take 17. It's a much more fun drive than just slabbing it down 280/101. Just make sure to check traffic before and do it early. Also, be very careful of your speed when you reach the summit, as the CHP tends to hang right there sometimes. Also, word of warning, if there is moderate traffic, 17 can get pretty hairy with speed deltas between the right and left lanes and people jockeying all over to make passes.

My recommendation is make sure you hit the Monterey Bay area no later than 8:30am, just to be on the safe side. Better to be way early than a little late during Car Week. The difference can cost you an hour or two.

Last edited by Archimedes; 08-04-2021 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-04-2021, 01:24 PM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 204 Posts

I know you probably don't want to hear this but if you're coming from out of town, and have limited time to do the things you want to do, it's worth spending the money to stay in a better location. You're going to waste half of your day or more sitting in traffic in and out of the Monterey area coming from Redwood City. You're also far from Napa Valley, which again means wasted time sitting in traffic. I don't think you understand the traffic you'll experience with this many people being in the Monterey area. These roads are not LA freeways ... they are highways with a ton of people all trying to go where you want to go at the same time as you. Napa will be extra crowded as well, so make reservations in advance, if you can still find any. The good places are hard to get into on a regular weekend, unless you book 2-3 weeks in advance.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:15 PM
KelvinC
Burning Brakes

I will be taking my usual route during car week—280s to 85s to 17s to 1s. I enjoy the drive the most, and based on the time I'm leaving, traffic isn't really an issue.

As I'll be meeting with my friends prior to reaching Werks, our plans are still uncertain at the moment. There's about 5–6 folks that should be in the group, so I'll need to be a bit flexible. At the moment, I'm planning on arriving in Monterey to meet them around 6:30am...we're probably going to be at Werks as early as possible. I'll PM you details as I know more.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:40 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Halfmonkey, check traffic before you go and if it's clear, take 17. It's a much more fun drive than just slabbing it down 280/101. Just make sure to check traffic before and do it early. Also, be very careful of your speed when you reach the summit, as the CHP tends to hang right there sometimes. Also, word of warning, if there is moderate traffic, 17 can get pretty hairy with speed deltas between the right and left lanes and people jockeying all over to make passes.

My recommendation is make sure you hit the Monterey Bay area no later than 8:30am, just to be on the safe side. Better to be way early than a little late during Car Week. The difference can cost you an hour or two.
Will do. Thanks for the suggestion and the warning. Do you know if waze will pick up if a cop is hiding in the location you mention?

I'm pretty sure I drove on the 17 recently during my visit to NorCal. We drove down to Santa Cruz for the day and although I don't remember the actual route we took, looking at Google Map, I'm pretty sure it was on the 17. If there is any hint of traffic, I'll more than likely just come down on the 101 as I would rather avoid traffic and all of the crazy jockeying to make passes.

Originally Posted by lawrence1
I know you probably don't want to hear this but if you're coming from out of town, and have limited time to do the things you want to do, it's worth spending the money to stay in a better location. You're going to waste half of your day or more sitting in traffic in and out of the Monterey area coming from Redwood City. You're also far from Napa Valley, which again means wasted time sitting in traffic. I don't think you understand the traffic you'll experience with this many people being in the Monterey area. These roads are not LA freeways ... they are highways with a ton of people all trying to go where you want to go at the same time as you. Napa will be extra crowded as well, so make reservations in advance, if you can still find any. The good places are hard to get into on a regular weekend, unless you book 2-3 weeks in advance.
We picked Redwood City because it's kind of a middle ground between Monterey, SF and Napa. Rather than staying in Monterey (which I couldn't find any reasonable AIRBNB that we liked) and then driving from there out to SF and Napa, we just thought it might be nicer to stay out of the area. We did look at Santa Cruz but ultimately ended up with an AIRBNB in Redwood City. We'll see how it goes. Fingers crossed.

Never been to Car Week in Monterey so we do not know what we're getting into. Either way, I'm going to enjoy it because it'll be a nice get away for my wife and I in our Spyder. Driving around the area will be fun and the way I see it, if I can "deal" with Los Angeles traffic on a Friday afternoon during rush hour, Monterey should be "tolerable." After all, LA traffic is the worse in the country. There is literally traffic 24/7 somewhere. Doesn't matter if there are two lanes high ways and byways or 8 lane freeways, there is bumper to bumper traffic somewhere.
I will be taking my usual route during car week—280s to 85s to 17s to 1s. I enjoy the drive the most, and based on the time I'm leaving, traffic isn't really an issue.

As I'll be meeting with my friends prior to reaching Werks, our plans are still uncertain at the moment. There's about 5–6 folks that should be in the group, so I'll need to be a bit flexible. At the moment, I'm planning on arriving in Monterey to meet them around 6:30am...we're probably going to be at Werks as early as possible. I'll PM you details as I know more.
Yes, please keep me posted. Archimedes mentions to be careful of traffic on the 17 but as you say, if you leave at about 5am and don't believe there will be traffic, I'm interested in caravanning to WR. PM and keep me updated on your plans.

Last edited by halfmonkey; 08-04-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Werks Reunion