Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Werks Reunion

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 11:19 AM
Wei718
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Are there not any good cars & coffee to attend on Saturday morning? I guess under normal days, there will be but with car week, my guess is all of the participants will be in Monterey. I'm planning to be at Alice's at 8am as I have some spots around SF that I want to visit with the car and take some pictures. If anybody is interested, check in and share what car you'll be driving. I'll be driving my Riviera Blue Spyder so be on the look out and say hi. @Merlotsj Are you interested in joining?

I looked on the map of where I'm staying it's between the 280 and 101.
If you’re planning on traveling North of SF there’s this place that has decent clam chowder in Bodega bay. You definitely should try doing that drive on hwy 1 north since you’ll be here, one of the best scenery around here.

https://www.spudpointcrabco.com
Old 07-27-2021, 01:01 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Wei718
If you’re planning on traveling North of SF there’s this place that has decent clam chowder in Bodega bay. You definitely should try doing that drive on hwy 1 north since you’ll be here, one of the best scenery around here.

https://www.spudpointcrabco.com
Nick's Cove is also pretty nice
Old 07-27-2021, 01:03 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wei718
I was there 2 weeks ago and they closed off the area across the street completely making the only parking available is at Alice.
yep the general store over there is pretty anti-Alice's parking in their lot...
Old 07-27-2021, 05:38 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Bodega Bay is wayyyy up there from Redwood City, and you have to go through the ****ty of San Francisco to get there, which can be a bit of a traffic nightmare, even on the West side. Also, if you head West on 1 at Tam, be aware of moto's as the group rides out that way can be an issue. Particularly early Sunday morning. Unless something has changed, I'd avoid that stretch of road before 9am on Sunday.
Old 07-27-2021, 05:40 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
yep the general store over there is pretty anti-Alice's parking in their lot...
Been litigated before. Most of the spaces along the street are actually in a county easement and the store has no ability to stop people from parking there. They used to have the spots marked that are on their property. Haven't been up there in a while, but I would bet any closing off was temporary, as when they've tried to do that in past, they've faced huge pushback and always had to back down.
Old 07-27-2021, 05:46 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Bodega Bay is wayyyy up there from Redwood City, and you have to go through the ****ty of San Francisco to get there, which can be a bit of a traffic nightmare, even on the West side. Also, if you head West on 1 at Tam, be aware of moto's as the group rides out that way can be an issue. Particularly early Sunday morning. Unless something has changed, I'd avoid that stretch of road before 9am on Sunday.
agree - and 19th Ave is a cluster f*** at the moment...

Been litigated before. Most of the spaces along the street are actually in a county easement and the store has no ability to stop people from parking there. They used to have the spots marked that are on their property. Haven't been up there in a while, but I would bet any closing off was temporary, as when they've tried to do that in past, they've faced huge pushback and always had to back down.
yeah it can get pretty busy with parking along 35 there ... I guess you could park in the store lot - buy a bottle of water or similar and then go grab brunch - hard to claim that as a customer of the store you are not permitted to park there!
Old 07-27-2021, 05:48 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Bodega Bay is a little further than we're planning on going.

So far my initial plan for Saturday is to check out Alice's and then do the drive on the 84 down to the 1. I'm thinking from there to head north on the 1 and swing by Napa Valley. My wife and I have never been there so if anybody has any recommendations for a winery, please let me know. After finishing the winery, I'm then planning on heading to the Cypress Tree Tunnel for some pictures. Depending on timing and how full we are, I might stop at Nick's Cove for an afternoon snack while on the way. Afterwards, we'll head to Point Reyes North and South beach for some more pictures. From there, we'll head back and I'm thinking of making a reservation at Alexanders in SF to finish off the day.
Old 07-27-2021, 05:54 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

So far my initial plan for Saturday is to check out Alice's and then do the drive on the 84 down to the 1. I'm thinking from there to head north on the 1 and swing by Napa Valley. My wife and I have never been there so if anybody has any recommendations for a winery, please let me know. After finishing the winery, I'm then planning on heading to the Cypress Tree Tunnel for some pictures. Depending on timing and how full we are, I might stop at Nick's Cove for an afternoon snack while on the way. Afterwards, we'll head to Point Reyes North and South beach for some more pictures. From there, we'll head back and I'm thinking of making a reservation at Alexanders in SF to finish off the day.
stay off of rt 128 and cut across to the Silverado Trail asap (Yountville) ... its much quieter and nicer

- Mumm
- ZD
- Stage Leap
- Silver Oak
- Rombauer
- Nickel & Nickel
Old 07-27-2021, 05:54 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

That is a lot of ground to cover in a day, particularly with traffic, which will be heavy on much of that itinerary. My advice is, if you're going to Napa, plan on getting through the city on 19th early.
Old 07-27-2021, 06:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

That is a lot of ground to cover in a day, particularly with traffic, which will be heavy on much of that itinerary. My advice is, if you're going to Napa, plan on getting through the city on 19th early.
agree!
Old 07-27-2021, 07:54 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

https://goo.gl/maps/4F2pqvM229MQyiRMA

that's a LOT of driving...
Old 08-02-2021, 08:04 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Can’t wait!
The following users liked this post:
josephr25 (08-03-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 08:37 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I'll be there also - and I will show up at Alice's Saturday am also!
halfmonkey (08-04-2021)
Old 08-03-2021, 12:16 AM
KelvinC
Burning Brakes

Received 1,057 Likes on 426 Posts

Can’t wait!
My Corral Pass showed up today too. Hope to see you there!
halfmonkey (08-04-2021)
Old 08-03-2021, 01:00 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

if anyone has a spare corral pass they are not using pls PM me asap.

Last edited by Larry Cable; 08-03-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Werks Reunion