Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Alarm Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 09:23 AM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Alarm Issue

A few days ago I opened the front luggage compartment with my key and the alarm went off along with 4 way flashers. I started the car and the alarm and flashers continued almost all of the way home. Finally quit by the time I got home but went off again when I opened the door. Luggage compartment would not open with switch by door. It did open with the key. Alarm stays active with door unlocked and goes off if door opened. . Neither front or rear luggage compartment unlocks with switch in car. I do have an appointment with the dealer but wonder if anyone else has had this issue.
Old 06-15-2021, 09:41 AM
PGTGULF
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I had an “alarm going off incident” last week. It happened after I drove the car, entered my garage and closed the car and the alarm went off ??? Opened and closed it again and all was fine. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact I deactivated the anti tow alarm when I trailered my car to the track recently ? Weird.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:52 PM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 134 Posts

The dealer solved the problem. "Technician performed battery voodoo and faults went inactive".
Old 06-19-2021, 12:26 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by PGTGULF
I had an “alarm going off incident” last week. It happened after I drove the car, entered my garage and closed the car and the alarm went off ??? Opened and closed it again and all was fine. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact I deactivated the anti tow alarm when I trailered my car to the track recently ? Weird.
Where, how...?
Old 06-20-2021, 09:18 AM
PGTGULF
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

It is explained in the user manual. After closing the car you have to push the close button two short times and that will deactivate it. I can guarantee you that if you don’t, the alarm will go off as soon as you take off with the closed car on the trailer.
Old 06-20-2021, 10:17 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by PGTGULF
It is explained in the user manual. After closing the car you have to push the close button two short times and that will deactivate it. I can guarantee you that if you don’t, the alarm will go off as soon as you take off with the closed car on the trailer.
Thankyou, I will look it up for further details, never had occasion to tow the car so I probably skimmed right over this information.

Quick Reply: Alarm Issue