Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

First Porsche - Toronto - Cayman GTS 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 07:23 PM
etobicoke
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First Porsche - Toronto - Cayman GTS 4.0

Hi Rennlist - this is my first thread, and first Porsche. Looking for some comments on my build, which locks mid-June. I will be collecting via European Delivery in October (fingers crossed)! Coming from a '20 M240i, which I have thoroughly enjoyed and would like to keep longer, but don't want to miss my chance to buy a new naturally aspirated Cayman. The first-gen Cayman launched when I was a teenager developing an appreciation for car culture, and I have wanted one ever since. This will be a 28th birthday present to myself, and I'm grateful to be a new member of this awesome community. I also took delivery of my BMW in Munich, so interested to compare the two programs!

Please see my build down below. These are the two items I am still deliberating what would be best for the Cognac/Espresso interior that I have selected:

1. Interior package painted (which would be black metallic) - I think this would look great but any thoughts on the black / brown clashing?
2. Headliner in race-tex vs. brown fabric - I am leaning towards the fabric, but anyone out there have a colored dash with race-tex headliner?

Thank you in advance for your comments!

Cheers,
Etobicoke

MY22 Cayman GTS 4.0 (Canada)

2T - Jet Black Metallic: Wanted to do PTS Superior Red but no allocations available; thought about night blue given this will be the last model year for NBM, but can't pull myself away from black. My BMW is metallic black and I love the way it looks in direct sunlight!
BY - Leather interior in Cognac / Espresso: I've always liked the classic tan/black combination and I am trying to replicate the "Natural Brown" from the 997 era
346 - Wheels painted in silver color: Again, after the "modern classic" look
475 - Standard PASM: Some rough roads in my area and I think this configuration will better match my intended use for the car

Other options:
6 489 Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel 540.00
7 498 Deletion of Model Designation on Rear 0.00
8 583 Smoking Package 0.00
9 712 Deletion of Model Designation on Doors 0.00
10 714 Deletion of items in Race-Tex 0.00
11 858 GT Sport Steering Wheel 0.00
12 900 European Delivery Zuffenhausen (Porsche Werksabholung) 0.00
15 9VL BOSE® Surround Sound System 1,130.00
16 CTX Customization package manual gear lever 1,100.00
17 EKA Interior Package Painted (with Leather Interior) 1,010.00
18 XSC Porsche Crest Embossed on Headrests 330.00
19 XVA Steering column casing leather with decorative stitching in 700.00

After delivery in Canada: I am planning on a lite tinting, front PPF, and Cargraphic OAP + rear section / tips (based on my perspective from the countless threads on the exhaust topic).
The following users liked this post:
998R (06-08-2021)
Old 06-04-2021, 01:50 PM
Csquared-
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 59 Posts

Welcome! I took delivery of a '21 CGTS 4.0 in Nov/20 in the GTA - nice to have another join. Quite jealous about the Euro Delivery, always wanted to do that.

- I would go SPASM - just me, the wheel gap on the SPASM is already a bit much, probably worse with PASM. I haven't heard that the ride quality is too different, but I stand to be corrected. GTS suspension rides quite well and I have SPASM.
- Steering column in leather is one of my favourite options for sure, but it may look just a tad off if you're not going full leather dash.
- Luggage net in footwell - take a free option when you can...

Interestingly enough, have OAPs on my car already and awaiting my Cargraphic Xpipe racing rear as we speak Also deleted race-tex. I think you're going to achieve the classy look you're going for. If I were you, I'd have a hard time deciding between silver and platinum wheels.

Can't wait to see it in the flesh
Old 06-04-2021, 02:32 PM
BrettPorsche
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm personally not a fan of optioning exterior colored trim. I would do leather trim. I think that works really well with a two-tone leather interior. I'd also delete the race tex headliner and just go with the fabric that matches the rest of the interior. I'm not a fan of Race-text and I think the fabric will just blend in and you won't even notice it.
The following 2 users liked this post by BrettPorsche:
Goodwood (06-04-2021), jake18 (06-05-2021)
Old 06-04-2021, 07:09 PM
etobicoke
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Csquared-
Welcome! I took delivery of a '21 CGTS 4.0 in Nov/20 in the GTA - nice to have another join. Quite jealous about the Euro Delivery, always wanted to do that.

- I would go SPASM - just me, the wheel gap on the SPASM is already a bit much, probably worse with PASM. I haven't heard that the ride quality is too different, but I stand to be corrected. GTS suspension rides quite well and I have SPASM.
- Steering column in leather is one of my favourite options for sure, but it may look just a tad off if you're not going full leather dash.
- Luggage net in footwell - take a free option when you can...

Interestingly enough, have OAPs on my car already and awaiting my Cargraphic Xpipe racing rear as we speak Also deleted race-tex. I think you're going to achieve the classy look you're going for. If I were you, I'd have a hard time deciding between silver and platinum wheels.

Can't wait to see it in the flesh
Thanks CSquared! Good call on the luggage net, I'll add that in. The Cognac/Espresso is actually the full leather dash so it should look great with the deviated steering column and deviated shift boot! May I ask which shop you used to facilitate the X-pipe order and install? I was planning on having the dealer install via Pfaff tuning before picking up the car - not sure if they deal directly with Cargraphic though.
Old 06-04-2021, 07:10 PM
etobicoke
7th Gear

Thank you Csquared and Brett for the feedback!

Last edited by etobicoke; 06-04-2021 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:23 PM
Tennyson
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Csquared-
I believe that Cognac/Espresso -as the most expensive interior leather option- includes leather dash.

Last edited by Tennyson; 06-04-2021 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:37 PM
Clementine33
Instructor

Received 260 Likes on 101 Posts

I have the cognac/espresso combo w/ deviated seats in espresso on my CGTS & love it! The steering column is also espresso leather. And yes, so is the dash. Wish I had gotten leather seatbacks, though, but everyone says the interior looks great. Quite the hit at Cars & Coffee. Who says a sports car MUST have black interior?
I have a dolomite silver car so the interior trim is brushed aluminum which goes well with the tan/brown.
(I would recommend the turbo wheels as well.)
The following 2 users liked this post by Clementine33:
etobicoke (06-08-2021), jake18 (06-05-2021)
Old 06-04-2021, 09:04 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 827 Likes on 380 Posts

Is there a big gas tank option: get that
adaptive cruise control would be a must for me.
bose sucks, burmester barely listenable

Old 06-04-2021, 09:14 PM
BrettPorsche
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Tennyson
I believe that Cognac/Espresso -as the most expensive interior leather option- includes leather dash.
It does. I’d also option the leather steering wheel cover. It’s a spot you’ll see
Old 06-04-2021, 09:25 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,827 Likes on 997 Posts

The metallic black on your bmw is likely different than the Porsche so you may not like it as much. They can really change the colors, metallic, pearls, etc added from paint code to paint code so if you're buying it based off how your bmw looked in sunlight you may get disappointed. I say that because black is a color I'd get on an ugly car to lower the barf factor by hiding hideous styling features, like an new M4. On a car that looks good I'd get something where you can see the shape and lines of the vehicle.

So I'd pick NBM over black but the 2 tone brown interior should look perfectly fine with black or NBM.

I'd avoid the painted interior trim unless you go with solid black. sparkly black bits seem weird to me.
Old 06-04-2021, 09:48 PM
OttawaSteve
Burning Brakes

Received 582 Likes on 314 Posts

Re PASM vs SPASM. I chose PASM, as I don't give a rat's *** about wheel gaps and I drive mine in the winter and want the extra clearance. Can't tell if the handling is much different than SPASM, as I haven't driven a car with SPASM. Mine seems to go around corners pretty well, even in "normal" PASM mode. YMMV
Old 06-05-2021, 07:49 AM
T i h o r
Advanced

Received 58 Likes on 19 Posts

Congratulations! I'm also from Toronto, and would love to see it in person if you come out to any of the meets!

Only thing I'd suggest is to remove the deletion of the model designations. My understanding is that when you do it during speccing your car, they don't apply it and won't send it on the side either. However, when you go to get the car PPF'd I'm sure they'd happily do it for you for free. This way you get to keep it for the future just in case!

Old 06-05-2021, 08:01 AM
baege
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 117 Posts

congrats, I went from a 2016 Cayman S to an m240i to an M2 Comp and now have a deposit hoping for a spring 2022 delivery of a CGTS 4.0.

I am a bit of a savage and not very detail oriented so won't be able to assist with the finer points of your build (my build is only 98K, so a stripper really)

but my 2 cents is:

the platinum wheels look great on a black car and would have them over the silver...
I would spasm over pasm...gives the car a noticeably better stance and not a huge difference in ride quality based on what I've read

Best of luck!
Old 06-05-2021, 08:23 AM
jake18
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Please elaborate as to why you wished you had gotten leather seatbacks. As far as I know, the seatbacks have a silver finish (plastic material?) and are not as visible as the 911s with rear seats.
Old 06-05-2021, 08:37 AM
thundabyr
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Is there a big gas tank option: get that
adaptive cruise control would be a must for me.
bose sucks, burmester barely listenable
is the Burmeister that bad? In my region it was a $6000 option... any idea how it compares with a B&O from an M6?

Quick Reply: First Porsche - Toronto - Cayman GTS 4.0