Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Options I Wish Porsche Offered

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2021 | 10:17 PM
Bananana
Intermediate

I'd love a FAL on these cars.
Old 05-31-2021 | 11:30 PM
Paiceyfan
Racer

Clear engine cover with good looking engine.
Old 05-31-2021 | 11:33 PM
enduro
Burning Brakes

Clubsport cage + harnesses in the US.
Stereo delete option.
Single mass flywheel option + close ratio 6 speed manual.
Lava orange

Last edited by enduro; 05-31-2021 at 11:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Frank Torres (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021 | 08:25 AM
ttcbj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by colnagoG60
Multiple manual re-gear options are available aftermarket...much less than $14,000.
I’m aware of shark works, what are the others?
Old 06-01-2021 | 10:52 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Exclamation

(1) It would have really been nice if Porsche would have offered the Summer-Performance-Tires (PS4S) option as they did do with the Spyder.

Terry

The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021 | 11:00 AM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ttcbj
I’m aware of shark works, what are the others?

"Cayman GT4 Final drive ratio" can be changed.

"Cayman GT4 Individual gears" can be changed as well.
Old 06-01-2021 | 11:41 AM
CurbKiller
Instructor

Re, the time it takes for the code to load: Porsche's configurator is linked to many backend systems that area also linked to factory build data. While the code is unique and there is some cacheing behind it, the configurator goes through a buildability check via backend systems to ensure it's still a valid order that you can place. i.e. if the paint saved to the code was subsequently dropped, it just won't load or it will give you a conflict error. Hopefully you can now appreciate why it takes a few seconds to load.

Old 06-01-2021 | 12:28 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Wireless CarPlay.
The following 2 users liked this post by triode:
Dan Nagy (06-01-2021), Goodwood (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021 | 12:31 PM
AZWCat
Instructor

Originally Posted by NCheok
After using recliners for 2 months, I'm taking mine out. Sure, there is somewhat an added comfort but there are a few important aspects of the driving experience that is significantly altered by recliners that many have not spoke about that I'm disappointed to not know of prior. No big deal, it's a cheap mod that is easily reversible.
Ok, now I'm curious. What is the downside? I assume you are talking about the little angle adjuster brackets you add to LWBS?
Old 06-01-2021 | 08:29 PM
ttcbj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CurbKiller
Re, the time it takes for the code to load: Porsche's configurator is linked to many backend systems that area also linked to factory build data. While the code is unique and there is some cacheing behind it, the configurator goes through a buildability check via backend systems to ensure it's still a valid order that you can place. i.e. if the paint saved to the code was subsequently dropped, it just won't load or it will give you a conflict error. Hopefully you can now appreciate why it takes a few seconds to load.
In 100% of the cases I’ve loaded any of my codes, it’s been valid. I think the correct design is load it on screen (should happen in less than 300ms), then do the viability check in the background and display a message 16 seconds later in the very rare cases that it is not. Most of the time customers would perceive it as fast and be unaware the viability check occurred.

There is tons of research saying people correlate the speed of computer systems with their quality. If I were a Porsche engineer, I’d insist on lightning fast load times. 16 seconds is crazy.

Old 06-01-2021 | 08:42 PM
Emm_W
Intermediate

1) My only serious gripe: The ability to select tires when placing the order — I will most likely receive my Cayman GTS 4.0 PDK with P-Zero tires, which only means I will have to purchase a set of PS4S tires myself immediately upon delivery and arrange a switch, then try to sell off those P-Zero tires to someone less **** about tire model...

The rest are only minor issues:

2) Electrically controlled hood and boot for more convenient access to the frunk and trunk would be nice (I've become spoiled with this feature on other cars and now loathe the manual operation :-)

3) A rear cargo net that can be pulled up and fixated in the ceiling behind the seats (a good thing to have when you have items in the trunk that you don't want come flying under heavy breaking)

4) A START/STOP button instead of the dummy key fob that you have to turn off/on (when you have the Entry & Drive option); a button allows for a much more direct manouever

5) Aluminium side mirrors — I know this is not a Porsche "thing", but i*ve had it on all my Audi S/RS models and on the VW Golf R, and think it is a really nice accent :-)
Old 06-01-2021 | 09:38 PM
KelvinC
Burning Brakes

Options I would have liked for the GT4:

- Alcantara/Race-Tex delete all over
- Sport Tex seat inserts (thankfully can do with P1 designs)
- Front axle lift
- Regular interior door handles
- LED headlights without washer nozzles
Old 06-01-2021 | 10:10 PM
AviBen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RxVol
I'm surprised that no manufacturers (AFAIK) have offered some sort of integrated dash cam.
GM offers this option in the Corvette, and has done so since the C7; it's called the performance data recorder (PDR). The C8's also have a front camera for parking assist.
Old 06-01-2021 | 10:50 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by triode
Wireless CarPlay.
My GF's Cayenne had Carplay but it was not wireless. When she was getting the "tutoring" by the techical guy during delivery, he went into the menus and set it up. Wireless CarPlay is in there somewhere. At least on the Cayenne it was. Maybe ask a tech at a dealershio if you know one. Not a mechanic type dude. But the IT geek/"avionics" guy.
Old 06-01-2021 | 11:24 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Emm_W
2) Electrically controlled hood and boot for more convenient access to the frunk and trunk would be nice (I've become spoiled with this feature on other cars and now loathe the manual operation :-)
So, the buttons next to the driver's seat or the buttons on the key fob that send an electric signal to a solenoid to open either bonnet aren't electrical enough??

Quick Reply: Options I Wish Porsche Offered