Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Seeking input on my build

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 06:06 PM
Makers
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Boxtop
The warning lights are all black when not on so you see every one of them all the time. When they are lit, it is obvious as they will light up in the appropriate color. Here is a picture from a Macan (best I could find) that shows the seatbelt light on and all other lights off but visible. The clutter could bother some people.

I have removed the red gauges from my build for this reason. I am opting instead for the guards red SC clock.

Interesting that Zhao’s POV video did not show this same issue on his gauges. I would be interested to know what others with colored gauges see. What should we expect on these cars?
I wasn't aware of this issue, but boy am I glad I stumbled across your post! The "clutter", as you so aptly put it, would drive me crazy. My instrument dials are black, and now I know to keep them that way should I find myself configuring a new car in the future!

Last edited by Makers; 06-09-2021 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:19 PM
JBSea
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I wasn’t going to comment, but here it is. The black/bordeaux interior is fantastic with GT silver. Keep the seat belts as they will match, ditch the colored gauges that won’t match, add in the premium package, a few other things that will make the cabin more enjoyable, and you are at the same $$$.

Like this:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNY4WCV1
Thanks Dan. I have a saved build that is actually nearly that exact build (I left out the porsche crest).

The hard part is deciding between GT Silver and the Gentian Blue. Really going back and forth on that. Sure wish they had the old "Arena Red" available (without the massive PTS cost!)
Old 06-09-2021, 07:59 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by JBSea
Thanks Dan. I have a saved build that is actually nearly that exact build (I left out the porsche crest).

The hard part is deciding between GT Silver and the Gentian Blue. Really going back and forth on that. Sure wish they had the old "Arena Red" available (without the massive PTS cost!)
These are tough choices, but I can tell you that I had GT Silver on my 991.2 and loved how it accentuated every curve.

So gentian blue is pretty for sure. I suggest that you download the Porsche AR Visualizer App. It will really help you look at the car at all angles and see how it hits your eye. You can even take your build and place it outside to see how it looks parked at your home. It might help.

Old 06-09-2021, 07:59 PM
Makers
Instructor

I love them both, but you can never wrong with GT Silver!
Old 06-09-2021, 08:00 PM
Makers
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
... and loved how it accentuated every curve.

Ditto!
Old 06-10-2021, 02:06 PM
Fast-Eddie
Instructor

Received 145 Likes on 82 Posts

The hard part is deciding between GT Silver and the Gentian Blue. Really going back and forth on that.
I went through the same "agonizing" decision last year, debating Gentian Blue versus GT Silver. I ultimately went with GT Silver, but it was a close call for me. I had my dealer park two cars next to each other in the sun, one GT Sliver and the other GB. The Gentian Blue is just gorgeous in full sun, and I actually like the underlying purple hues in darker conditions. But I've always been partial to silver colors. My prior 981CS was Platinum Silver and before that I had an E39 BMW in Titanium Silver. I was actually pushing myself to "get a different color" for cryin' out loud.... But in the end, the GT Silver won me over.

I do recommend visiting a dealership and viewing both colors side-by-side...If possible, have them do it out of sight, then approach both cars and try to "feel" which color is drawing you in... which is calling to you. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or what their opinions are... its going to be YOUR car, so forget about the "next owner", neighbors, etc.

Last edited by Fast-Eddie; 06-10-2021 at 02:09 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fast-Eddie:
JBSea (06-10-2021), slilley (06-11-2021)

Quick Reply: Seeking input on my build