Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Boxster GTS DISCOUNTS

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2021 | 11:42 PM
Jaronkai
Intermediate

Unhappy Boxster GTS DISCOUNTS

I’m being told by dealers in Ca, Nevada and Arizona that they are not offering any discounts to MSRP. I asked 6 months ago and some were willing to negotiate and i was getting calls and emails back. Today, nothing. Anyone out there experiencing same? I’m looking at about 5K in options. I haven’t received a call or email back when I mentioned discounts. One dealer actually offered me . .025% (LOL) a whopping $260 off MSP. They say demand is back. I’ve dealt with approximately 19 dealerships. Just curious if anyone out there has received any discount off MSRP on a Boxster GTS.

Last edited by Jaronkai; 05-02-2021 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-03-2021 | 06:38 PM
texasmade
Advanced

I ordered a GTS 4.0 and got 0% off. I paid MSRP.
The following users liked this post:
c1pher (09-24-2022)
Old 05-03-2021 | 06:39 PM
Jaronkai
Intermediate

Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-03-2021 | 06:41 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jaronkai
I’m being told by dealers in Ca, Nevada and Arizona that they are not offering any discounts to MSRP. I asked 6 months ago and some were willing to negotiate and i was getting calls and emails back. Today, nothing. Anyone out there experiencing same? I’m looking at about 5K in options. I haven’t received a call or email back when I mentioned discounts. One dealer actually offered me . .025% (LOL) a whopping $260 off MSP. They say demand is back. I’ve dealt with approximately 19 dealerships. Just curious if anyone out there has received any discount off MSRP on a Boxster GTS.
You snooze, you looze.
Old 05-03-2021 | 07:50 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Discounts are going to be very difficult for the GTS 4.0. There is simply limited allocations and no reason a dealer will not hold and just wait for a buyer willing to pay full MSRP.

I will caveat, if you don’t live in SoCal or the NY metro area. You should contact your local dealer. I have heard and experienced first hand local dealers are willing to discount. Granted it’s not the 6% you normally see (best I got was 4%, but decided to go for a Spyder/GT4, instead). Good luck and if I had an allocation, I rather just pay it to have a car before winter.
Old 05-03-2021 | 08:08 PM
Jaronkai
Intermediate

Thanks for the info. I live in Las Vegas, only one dealer in Nevada. I’ve talked with So Cal dealers but they’re all saying straight MSRP.
Old 05-03-2021 | 08:09 PM
Jaronkai
Intermediate

True Dat!
Old 05-03-2021 | 08:10 PM
Mousejunior
Instructor

I ordered a BGTS and got 3% off for a 2022. But I am in Canada so might be different
Old 05-03-2021 | 08:55 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Thanks for the info. I live in Las Vegas, only one dealer in Nevada. I’ve talked with So Cal dealers but they’re all saying straight MSRP.
Ah at this rate, just email blast dealers in flyover States. Should take just a few minutes, but at least you can go forward knowing you tried. And if you’re unable to get a discount at least you will know you’re happy paying MSRP.

I personally expected discounts on GTS. But you may have to wait till next year for that.
Old 05-03-2021 | 10:01 PM
Jaronkai
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JCZ5
Ah at this rate, just email blast dealers in flyover States. Should take just a few minutes, but at least you can go forward knowing you tried. And if you’re unable to get a discount at least you will know you’re happy paying MSRP.

I personally expected discounts on GTS. But you may have to wait till next year for that.
That’s pretty much what I did. 4 states surrounding Nevada. All saying about the same. My local won’t have allocations until end of May, 1st week of June.
Old 05-03-2021 | 10:20 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

I thought there were 2 dealers in Nevada
did the Reno dealer go belly up?

Old 05-03-2021 | 10:31 PM
gamille
Advanced

I'm typically used to 6% off with anything non-special (GT, Targa, Spyder) cars, including GTS. However, I've used the same dealer forever, it seems. Also, right now, there would be little to no discounts. The market just doesn't support it. The alternative is to pay near MSRP for a 1-2 year old 4 cylinder GTS, where 6 months ago they were a steal.
Old 05-03-2021 | 10:39 PM
Big Belly 711
Instructor

So I just did a search of new BGTS within 500 miles of Vegas on Car Gurus....PDK and manual...5 came up, and three of them don't have real pics, which means they are likely in transport or not yet at the dealer...so basically TWO vehicles? I know that's not scientific and likely may not be perfectly accurate...but ballpark estimate there are two BGTS's within 500 miles of you...why would they offer a discount? I wouldn't...
For perspective, I think MANY, MANY will share their stories.....but I'm betting the majority of people on this site paid MSRP and did it happily to get a vehicle. I paid MSRP and pick my CGTS up in the next 30 days....(it's on a boat heading towards the Panama Canal). I could barely get a call back from local dealers and had to buy from a dealer 1500 miles from my home....I think demand far outweighs supply at this point my friend....
Old 05-03-2021 | 10:48 PM
frosty911
Instructor

I remember a post somewhere on rennlist, in march 2020 someone in Europe, netherland I think, bought a gt4 or a spyder 718 new for close to 5000 or even 10000 euros off msrp I think.

That was at the peak of the covid crisis and histeria. Bodies where piling up in Italy. France was on lockdown.

Everybody tough that the economy would be in shambles forever ( look at dow jones values at that time around 18000 today 33000)

1 year later, the economy is doing fine. Nobody is going on vacation outside their country. Saving a few grands a year. What do they do with that money...blow it of course.

And a sports car is a great way to do that.

who could have predicted that?

Good luck with your Boxter GTS.

Glad I didn’t back out of buying my gt4 in July 2020 😅

Old 05-03-2021 | 10:52 PM
gamille
Advanced

Originally Posted by Big Belly 711
So I just did a search of new BGTS within 500 miles of Vegas on Car Gurus....PDK and manual...5 came up, and three of them don't have real pics, which means they are likely in transport or not yet at the dealer...so basically TWO vehicles? I know that's not scientific and likely may not be perfectly accurate...but ballpark estimate there are two BGTS's within 500 miles of you...why would they offer a discount? I wouldn't...
For perspective, I think MANY, MANY will share their stories.....but I'm betting the majority of people on this site paid MSRP and did it happily to get a vehicle. I paid MSRP and pick my CGTS up in the next 30 days....(it's on a boat heading towards the Panama Canal). I could barely get a call back from local dealers and had to buy from a dealer 1500 miles from my home....I think demand far outweighs supply at this point my friend....
I agree with this. There are just no new Porsches right now. The market is crazy. And, it seems the GTS's are a lot of car for the money for the current lineup. The GTS's have always held their value well anyways... especially that 4.0. I don't see that tanking anytime soon.

Quick Reply: Boxster GTS DISCOUNTS