Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dashboard Trim Package in Leather - Anyone Spec This?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2021 | 12:31 PM
douriel
Rennlist Member

Default Dashboard Trim Package in Leather - Anyone Spec This?

I'm in the VERY final stages of spec'ing my spyder, as it is likely to lock in the next 24/48 hrs. I am intrigued by the Dashboard Trim Package in Leather option. It says it includes the dashboard end trim (couldn't care less about this, as it is only visible with doors open), windscreen defroster panel, and the dashboard center speaker and vent trim. Has anyone spec'd this, or have pictures of the actual product? I'm curious whether it is worth the $1,610. If it wraps the full center vents (the 2 humps in the center of the dash), I think I would add it.

For anyone interested, my current build code is PN3K4VV5, which is coming in at $129,420. So what's another $1,610! 😂

Thanks for any help here!
The following users liked this post:
Charles Everson (03-07-2022)
Old 04-21-2021 | 12:40 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

You may already know this but since you are considering this option, take a look at the differences between this option in the "Interior Leather" section and this option in the "Interior Race-Tex" section. The upper dash is the same but the side panel / end panel trim is race-tex in the second option and I think it looks good that way. When you do have the door open the race-tex look flows nicely from the door to the trim piece and then transitions to leather on the dash. You said you don't care about piece so maybe it doesn't matter, just know there is a choice here.

If you can stand his reviews, Janko Kind goes into the dashboard leather option in this video about the 8:50 mark -
. For me, this extra leather wasn't worth it so I spent the money elsewhere.
Old 04-21-2021 | 12:41 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yes, I spec’d it along with every other deviated option.

The config description is accurate. While only visible with door open the end caps are a nice touch.

What other deviated adds do you have?

brucewinter (04-21-2021)
Old 04-21-2021 | 12:49 PM
douriel
Rennlist Member

Appreciate this! The main issue is that I'm doing the Classic Interior, so no deviated stitching, etc. Maybe it is a waste and I should just do the door trim package in Race-tex?
Old 04-21-2021 | 01:05 PM
Puggz
Pro

Originally Posted by douriel
I'm in the VERY final stages of spec'ing my spyder, as it is likely to lock in the next 24/48 hrs. I am intrigued by the Dashboard Trim Package in Leather option. It says it includes the dashboard end trim (couldn't care less about this, as it is only visible with doors open), windscreen defroster panel, and the dashboard center speaker and vent trim. Has anyone spec'd this, or have pictures of the actual product? I'm curious whether it is worth the $1,610. If it wraps the full center vents (the 2 humps in the center of the dash), I think I would add it.

For anyone interested, my current build code is PN3K4VV5, which is coming in at $129,420. So what's another $1,610! 😂

Thanks for any help here!
I have it and I love it, mine is the leather/alcantara option. Worth the $$$? Hell no but sometimes I drink a $300 bottle of wine because I can. BTW, does not include the HVAC humps.

Last edited by Puggz; 04-21-2021 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-21-2021 | 01:06 PM
Puggz
Pro

Appreciate this! The main issue is that I'm doing the Classic Interior, so no deviated stitching, etc. Maybe it is a waste and I should just do the door trim package in Race-tex?
w/o deviated stitch, its almost worthless.

Old 04-21-2021 | 03:04 PM
theEnd
Instructor

This is probably the one option I regret the most.

First, you get very little for your $1,610. It's leather in places that you will never touch and barely see.

Second, if you have brightly-colored deviated stitching (mine is silver), you get an additional reflection on your windscreen.

Better to spend the money on something else, including a few bottles of wine. I like Nebbiolo, if you're feeling generous with the money you just saved
The following 3 users liked this post by theEnd:
Charles Everson (03-07-2022), dashanin (07-03-2022), jumaine (01-13-2024)
Old 04-21-2021 | 03:09 PM
CaymanSinAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theEnd
Second, if you have brightly-colored deviated stitching (mine is silver), you get an additional reflection on your windscreen.

Better to spend the money on something else, including a few bottles of wine. I like Nebbiolo, if you're feeling generous with the money you just saved
Agree with this. The first hour I drove my car the reflection drove me NUTS. I don't even notice it now though.

Pass, regardless. Your money is better spent on a DSC Sport module and TPC adjustable rear toe links.
Old 04-21-2021 | 04:07 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theEnd
This is probably the one option I regret the most.

First, you get very little for your $1,610. It's leather in places that you will never touch and barely see.

Agree!!

The nice thing is that as long as you option the leather upgrade seat option, you get the leather where it counts the most, on the main dash, the sides of the center console, and on the doors.

I added the leather option on the steering column as it is visible all the time and is far enough away from the windshield to not create reflection issues. But the contrast stitching on near the front of the dash would drive me nuts with the glare.

Also, since mine is the GT4, I also optioned the steering wheel and gear level in leather as well. Alcantara is nice to look it (as long as not over done), but I do not like it on touch points.

Last edited by TRZ06; 04-21-2021 at 04:08 PM.
Charles Everson (03-07-2022)
Old 04-21-2021 | 07:47 PM
Dyim
Drifting

I inquired about deviated stitching on door panels in Spyder Classic interior, only on the Alcantara part.

You can do it via CXX, but it is $$$, almost 2x LWBS. Too rich for my taste.
Old 04-21-2021 | 08:25 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

My PTS order closed so suddenly I just went with CF trim, some extra leather bits and bobs, but no fancy stitching etc... felt like I under-spec'd the interior to some degree. But no dash reflection for me!

Old 01-13-2024 | 10:09 AM
jumaine
7th Gear

thank you for everyone that posted feedback. youve saved me 2k and i love you all for it. going without this option!
Old 01-13-2024 | 12:07 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

I’m still trying to figure out if can do this on my SRS,(the extended stiching). I know on a PTS SRS the dashboard has to be race Tex.
Old 01-13-2024 | 02:01 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Drifting
I’m still trying to figure out if can do this on my SRS,(the extended stiching). I know on a PTS SRS the dashboard has to be race Tex.
WP is only available with the Defroster Vents, Sport Chrono and Center Dash Speaker Trim in exposed black plastic unless you do CXX.

WP allows the Dashboard End Trims in Leather/Race-Tex option for $560

Non WP SRS allows the Dashboard Trim Package in Leather/Race-Tex for $1220. Which adds the Defroster Vents, Sport Chrono and Center Dash Speaker Trim in exposed stitching and leather.

UncleDude (01-13-2024)
Old 01-13-2024 | 02:02 PM
janton79
Rennlist Member

If anyone specs this option, make sure the dealer also specifies the color of any deviated stitching. My dealer forgot and these trim pieces came with the standard silver stitching even though the rest of the car was specced with speed blue deviated stitching.

Quick Reply: Dashboard Trim Package in Leather - Anyone Spec This?