Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

If You're Considering Extended Deviated Stitching

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2021 | 02:38 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Smile

I placed my order with Suncoast for the Racing Yellow mats.
I wanted these to match my Yellow Stitching interior.

And my RY Porsche Key which I think is going to look so Bad-*** !!!

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 05-04-2021 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-04-2021 | 02:49 PM
skeeter714
Instructor

@Terry - Why 2 sets of mats? Just to have an extra unused/pristine set for posterity?

Seems like a smart bet.
Old 05-05-2021 | 10:29 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skeeter714
@Terry - Why 2 sets of mats? Just to have an extra unused/pristine set for posterity?

Seems like a smart bet.
skeeter714,

I'm looking forward to these as they have the Porsche name in Racing-Yellow as well as the Stitching so they are going to look GREAT.

I think I should be Honest and to tell the "Rest-of-that-Story/Situation" since you ask.
When I was placing the order the site automatically changed from 1 to 2 mats so I then thought the pricing must have been for a Single-Mat.
So, the way I figured it ...............
If it turned-out to be two complete sets so be it as we all know OEM mats on the driver's-side don't hold up real long where your shoe touches the mat constantly.

And if it turns out I just actually get one complete set I'm still set.

We shall see as May is when the expected Back-Order is suppose to be back in Stock.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 05-05-2021 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-05-2021 | 10:32 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Lloyds are at least twice as thick so they will last at least twice as long; however, since one cannot get Porsche-branded mats from them there are no other options.
Old 05-05-2021 | 11:18 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Lloyds are at least twice as thick so they will last at least twice as long; however, since one cannot get Porsche-branded mats from them there are no other options.
Bob Z,

In the past I ran a lot of the Lloyd custom mats in AMG Mercedes as well as M-Series BMWs and Audi's.
But ..............
Since when I read up on these mats above and found out they are sourced from Porsche and they are in the Racing-Yellow I was sold.
Even if these don't last all that long they are not all that expensive so I'll just order multiple sets as spares.

Lloyd mats are as you say Super Nice.

Terry
Old 05-05-2021 | 11:57 AM
skeeter714
Instructor

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
skeeter714,

I'm looking forward to these as they have the Porsche name in Racing-Yellow as well as the Stitching so they are going to look GREAT.

I think I should be Honest and to tell the "Rest-of-that-Story/Situation" since you ask.
When I was placing the order the site automatically changed from 1 to 2 mats so I then thought the pricing must have been for a Single-Mat.
If it turned-out to be two complete sets so be it as we all know OEM mats on the driver's-side don't hold up real long where your shoe touches the mat constantly.

We shall see as May is when the expected Back-Order is suppose to be back in Stock.

Terry
You’ll get 2 sets! Just had the exact same order come from Suncoast. Enjoy em. They really will tie in the yellow stitching.
Old 05-05-2021 | 12:10 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

skeeter714,

Terry
You’ll get 2 sets! Just had the exact same order come from Suncoast.
Enjoy em.
They really will tie in the yellow stitching.
skeeter714,

Well I am definitely going to be all set.
I know from the images I saw these are going to be KILLER with my Racing-Yellow interior for sure.

Thanks for the Heads-Up and have a Great Rest-of-the-Day buddy.
Terry

Old 05-05-2021 | 12:31 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

skeeter714,

I know from the images I saw these are going to be KILLER with my Racing-Yellow interior for sure.

Terry
Terry, let me know when you get them. I'll take a set off your hands if you want to recoup some money, as long as you're comfortable shipping them to BC.

Randy
Old 05-05-2021 | 12:41 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Smile

skeeter714,

Terry
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Terry, let me know when you get them. I'll take a set off your hands if you want to recoup some money, as long as you're comfortable shipping them to BC.

Randy

Randy,

Well my Good-Man in BC the shipping wouldn't be an issue if I was going to get rid of a set.

But ................

I'm going to keep both sets and one will be a back-up set as this will without any doubt be my last Porsche Sports-Car.
So, more than likely I'll be replacing the driver's-side mat as time marches on.

Stay-Safe,
Terry

The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (05-05-2021)
Old 06-14-2021 | 02:15 AM
James Evans
Intermediate

DO IT! The configurator is next to useless in terms of visualizing different colors outside of the standard red/yellow/silver/blind stitching.

I went with Lizard Green with only 991.2 GT3 RS pics as a reference and I am beyond floored by the way the color of the stitch works its way into the Spyder. I can now see how almost any color in the Extended Deviated palette would be worthy of consideration.
Thank you for sharing these photos, very helpful and looking forward to seeing a Shark Blue car with Speed Blue stitching in the future.

Could you possibly share a photo showing the deviated green stitching on the steering wheel column?

Thanks
James

Old 06-14-2021 | 09:40 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Search for the thread about Yellow cars and you will see many - highly recommended.
James Evans (06-14-2021)
Old 06-14-2021 | 01:26 PM
skeeter714
Instructor

Originally Posted by James Evans
Could you possibly share a photo showing the deviated green stitching on the steering wheel column?
Of course!

James Evans (06-14-2021)
Old 06-14-2021 | 11:06 PM
James Evans
Intermediate

Of course!

Thank you for sharing the close up photos, love the lizard green stitching
Old 12-29-2021 | 06:22 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Anyone else have some pictures to add since June?
Old 12-29-2021 | 06:25 PM
nicholascanada
Pro

Originally Posted by GusRandall
I went with Deviated stitching and seat centers in chalk and every time I open the car door, I simply love it.
Might you have some photos?

Quick Reply: If You're Considering Extended Deviated Stitching