Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Anyone experience sticky clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 10:30 PM
VEGAM
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Anyone experience sticky clutch?

While out driving today, I was in a road work area and had to do stop and go driving for about 10 mins. When I came to complete stop, wanted to rest my left leg and so put the gear in neutral and took my leg off the clutch pedal. The pedal did not retract fully. It felt weird and so I pressed it a couple of times and it would depress all the way but retract only half the way back. I had to pull it back up by putting my foot under the pedal. Did not happen again but the clutch did feel weird. Trying to move from complete stop in first gear felt like as if I was trying to take off in 2nd or 3rd gear a couple of times and 1-2 gear change almost slipped once which never happened before.

I am not sure if this is something serious but it is concerning. Anyone experience this or have any idea what might be the reason?
Old 03-25-2021, 11:18 PM
Tigers10
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 112 Posts

I drive in stop and go traffic relatively frequently unfortunately but have never noticed anything like this. Understand your concern, seems very unusual.

Quick Reply: Anyone experience sticky clutch?