Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PDK sport and water/oil temperature

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2021 | 05:11 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

This has been an operating characteristic in all Porsches since the 991.1. On one of my first drives in my 991.1 around 8 years ago in very hot weather in normal modes, the engine overheated and I got a warning message to stop driving. I took it to the local dealer who simply told me to put it in PDK sport on very hot days because out triggers a more aggressive cooling map. It makes a big difference.
Old 03-18-2021 | 08:06 AM
Dyim
Drifting

And I think that coolant temp gauge in GT cars shows real time changes.

There was a thread on here discussing dropping temp during aggressive driving ie staying in high rev range. What I got out of that thread is even manual cars go into sport mode automatically if driven aggressively, dropping the temp. No need to press the button like PDK cars.

While non-GT coolant temp gauge mostly shows it in the middle of the normal operating range unless temp is really out of whack, during overheating. My 991.1 coolant temp is always in the middle once the car is warmed up and stays pegged there. Never seen that needle move no matter how I drive or what mode I was in. That was over 7 years and >50,000 miles of driving. Macan is the same.

Oil temp on the other hand does show real time changes in non-GT cars, same in the Macan.

Quick Reply: PDK sport and water/oil temperature