Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Warm interior air from vents w/ AC Off ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 02:10 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Same thing for my Spyder. If it's a warm day but not necessarily to the point of needing a/c, especially with the top down, I actually turn off the HVAC because it does blow warm air through the vents. At first, I didn't notice this but was wondering why it felt so warm in the cabin even with the air temp at the lowest setting and the fan at speed 1. Then I realized that even though the air temp was at the lowest setting, it was still blowing in warm ambient air so now unless I turn on the a/c, I just turn off the HVAC.
The following users liked this post:
Merlotsj (04-19-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 06:35 PM
Merlotsj
Racer

Received 330 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Same thing for my Spyder. If it's a warm day but not necessarily to the point of needing a/c, especially with the top down, I actually turn off the HVAC because it does blow warm air through the vents. At first, I didn't notice this but was wondering why it felt so warm in the cabin even with the air temp at the lowest setting and the fan at speed 1. Then I realized that even though the air temp was at the lowest setting, it was still blowing in warm ambient air so now unless I turn on the a/c, I just turn off the HVAC.
I do exactly the same thing, my SOP after starting the car is *** - off, AutoBlip - on, Fan Speed - down (equals HVAC off), proceed. Everything else (valves open, radio volume, radio station, sport mode suspension, etc.) stay pretty much as I left them.

Quick Reply: Warm interior air from vents w/ AC Off ?