Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Cayman GTS 4.0 build critique

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 12:42 AM
BrettPorsche
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks! After seeing gentian blue in person, the color didn't really do it for me. It took a while to find an interior/exterior combination that excited me. Porsche claims jet black metallic goes with every interior option, so I wasn't too worried about a potential mismatch. It's a very dark brown, looks almost black in dim lighting conditions. I was tired of black leather interiors in my cars, so wanted to mix it up a little. And I couldn't get the wife to sign off on espresso cognac. So I ended up all espresso with carbon fiber trim and contrast stitching to break up all the brown.

Old 06-24-2021, 01:03 AM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,827 Likes on 997 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettPorsche
Yep. Jet black metallic on the outside, espresso on the inside. How much do you hate it?
0%. I think it looks really good together and it works because it is your only color.

I'd never buy a black car myself though
Old 06-24-2021, 01:28 AM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettPorsche;[url=tel:17511330
17511330[/url]]Yep. Jet black metallic on the outside, espresso on the inside. How much do you hate it?
Seems odd asking for opinions on a black Porsche.

Personally, I don’t like brown interiors in black cars because it juxtaposes a cool and a warm color. That’s a personal hang up of mine.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:42 AM
jake18
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettPorsche
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. I went in quite a different direction than my original thought of gentian blue. I picked up the car recently. Here are some pictures (apologies in advance, not much of a photographer):

Love the color combination! Wheels look amazing. Great job!
Old 06-24-2021, 03:22 AM
JBSea
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by slilley
I've also got a GB CGTS on order, so I'll weigh in. Obviously, I like the color. The configurator does a poor job of representing GB, so head over to the GB thread to see what it actually looks like in different light. This is my favorite pic of it:

I can't zoom in enough in the configurator pictures to determine if the interior deviated stitching colors are worth it; I think you'll have to find some real pics on the internet in order to decide that for yourself. To me, the interior looks like it might be a bit too monochromatic - but I know that the sample pics they provide are not the same as actually sitting in the cars after they are built.

A couple other options worth considering:
  • Porsche Logo on Rear in Satin Black $220 - I removed all the badging I could as well, and this change is subtle but it hides the Porsche brand a bit more
  • Window Trim and Window Triangle in High Gloss Black $510 - Looks a little nicer to me, and also looks like it'll be easier to clean than the the textured stock trim (though a ridiculous price for the small amount of trim it replaces)
  • Power Steering Plus $280 - I went back and forth on this one, read all the reviews, etc. Then I drove a car that had it (but I didn't know it at the time), and I didn't notice it at all. So it certainly didn't take away from the driving experience. Supposedly boosts the power steering at low speeds like in parking lots. The older I get, the more nasty noises my shoulders make - so perhaps I'll be glad I have this in 8 years when I reach my 60s.
Good luck!!
I also like the GB. Really wish the yellow rotors were still and option.
The following users liked this post:
slilley (06-24-2021)

Quick Reply: Cayman GTS 4.0 build critique