Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Guidance on GT4 repair/insurance

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2021 | 12:24 AM
Zhao
Drifting

Insurance companies do have algorithms to determine if someone is making a fraudulent statement or not. I know that because I know who wrote them for some insurance companies (as well as banks, etc). I also know it because I deal with insurance companies every day at my job and they have confirmed they use them to me.

If your story is true, for her to pass she is either going to admit fault 100%, or she is going to admit she was moving and you may have been moving. If what you say is true, you should pass your insurance companies algorithms. Your adjuster may not be aware of any of this, but if it gets escalated the next higher up should most definitely be aware of it. Also, if your insurance company ever calls you back to 'verify' details or statements, you can pretty much guarantee that they are testing you to see if it's a fraudulent claim.

But most likely her saying she was moving and you may have been moving, while you saying you weren't moving will be enough to put 100% blame on her if your adjuster is fighting at all for you. Her best case from that statement is she is at fault but only partially... ergo, she's at fault for sure, while its suspect if you are at fault or not. If she says she was parked and you were driving, and that is the opposite, if it gets escalated and it's a half decent insurance company they should get red flags that she is likely making a false statement so I wouldn't worry too much.

Last edited by Zhao; 01-27-2021 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-27-2021 | 01:42 AM
Kanz121
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Zhao
Insurance companies do have algorithms to determine if someone is making a fraudulent statement or not. I know that because I know who wrote them for some insurance companies (as well as banks, etc). I also know it because I deal with insurance companies every day at my job and they have confirmed they use them to me.

If your story is true, for her to pass she is either going to admit fault 100%, or she is going to admit she was moving and you may have been moving. If what you say is true, you should pass your insurance companies algorithms. Your adjuster may not be aware of any of this, but if it gets escalated the next higher up should most definitely be aware of it. Also, if your insurance company ever calls you back to 'verify' details or statements, you can pretty much guarantee that they are testing you to see if it's a fraudulent claim.

But most likely her saying she was moving and you may have been moving, while you saying you weren't moving will be enough to put 100% blame on her if your adjuster is fighting at all for you. Her best case from that statement is she is at fault but only partially... ergo, she's at fault for sure, while its suspect if you are at fault or not. If she says she was parked and you were driving, and that is the opposite, if it gets escalated and it's a half decent insurance company they should get red flags that she is likely making a false statement so I wouldn't worry too much.
That. Was. Awesome.
Old 01-27-2021 | 07:53 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

let your insurance deal with it and have faith in the system
i had a similar situation few years ago .I was stationary waiting for a parking spot and a lady backed into my car .On the spot she admitted fault but when I called her insurance company to see where I can repair my car, they said they will not authorize the repair as the lady said I backed into her.
I was mad and called my insurance and my agent said they will take care of it and fight it, but to pay my deductible which was 500
the total repair was 900 dollars and obviously I thought that my insurance will never go after the lady's insurance as their out of pocket cost was 400 and certainly will cost them more to go after her insurance and does not make financial sense to them
I moved on and to my surprise few months later I received a check for 500 dollars with a summary of court judgement against the lady's insurance which made my day not for the money but that the system worked and the at fault party paid
i bet my insurance spent more money to get that result than the 400 dollars they would have paid
so have faith in the system
The following users liked this post:
LZRD GRN (01-27-2021)

Quick Reply: Guidance on GT4 repair/insurance