Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GTS interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 08:11 PM
wistful
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
Default GTS interior

I have a question regarding this upgrade. I know it includes the CF trim, but what exactly is that? Do we get leather on the door and dashboard? If not what material is it? Thanks.

Old 01-24-2021, 04:19 PM
xstnte
Rennlist Member

Received 326 Likes on 135 Posts

In 991 and 981 gens, the GTS package included stitching in red, red tach and alcantara inserts on the seats along with black anodized aluminum trim, but it looks like now you can select between chalk or red stitching.

If you click on the "i" surrounded by a circle in the configurator a modal will appear that has details on the option:
  • Stitching in deviated color
  • Seat belts in deviated color
  • GTS’ logo embroidered in deviated color on headrests
  • Floor mats edged in black with stitching in deviated color and "PORSCHE" logo in deviated color
  • Tachometer in deviated color
  • Dashboard trim, door trim, and center console trim in Carbon Fiber.
The aluminum was replaced with CF.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:33 PM
wistful
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

got it. But the alcantara on the seats is an additional option that adds on 2K. so really the GTS interior is just for the deviated stitching, seatbelts, and tach? But if you dont click on the racetex dash and door trim, nothing else changes and you keep the plastic interior bits with alcantara seats?
Old 01-24-2021, 04:40 PM
xstnte
Rennlist Member

Received 326 Likes on 135 Posts

Porsche must have changed the option list. When I built a GTS I "lost" the GTS interior because it wasn't possible to have vented seats and the alcantara inserts. I think you're correct, it looks like it's now option-dependent.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:12 AM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by wistful
got it. But the alcantara on the seats is an additional option that adds on 2K. so really the GTS interior is just for the deviated stitching, seatbelts, and tach? But if you dont click on the racetex dash and door trim, nothing else changes and you keep the plastic interior bits with alcantara seats?
I hate the way Porsche labels these options. To answer your question, yes, the 'standard' interior is Race-Tex seats with plastic dash. These seats will be the same as the GTS package except the stitch will be black so there will be no deviated stitching. If that is what you want then do nothing and select the standard option.

If you want the race tex seats with the leather dash then you need to select the all black option for Leather Interior ($2,160), that will not add any deviated stitch - you now have the same seats but your dash will be leather instead of plastic. If you select the silver or red version of the leather dash upgrade then you will also have to add the GTS upgrade, this will make your stitching silver or red, change the tach and the seat belts to match and add CF trim (note the CF trim can be added as a standalone option for $1.5-1.8k if you still want that but not the deviated stitching and matching tach/belts).

Clear as mud?

Old 01-25-2021, 03:43 PM
REDCOMET
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

Wasn't you need to add the full leather option in order to allow to add the GTS interior package?
**Note: Only available in conjunction with GTS Race-Tex Package. Contrasting colors: Rhodium Silver or Carmine Red.**

Which meant you can get the leather dash & leather door panel instead of plastic alone but if you want red stitching then you will need the leather package on top of it

Old 01-25-2021, 03:52 PM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by REDCOMET
Wasn't you need to add the full leather option in order to allow to add the GTS interior package?
**Note: Only available in conjunction with GTS Race-Tex Package. Contrasting colors: Rhodium Silver or Carmine Red.**

Which meant you can get the leather dash & leather door panel instead of plastic alone but if you want red stitching then you will need the leather package on top of it
If you want red or silver stitching you will need to have the Leather dash upgrade, you can't have the stitching on the seats and not the dash.
Old 08-13-2021, 09:34 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 117 Posts

I was doing some research along these lines and found pictures on-line that show in pretty good detail what the 718 GTS Interior looks like.

The following users liked this post:
vision3030 (08-14-2021)

Quick Reply: GTS interior