Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official PTS Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 04:29 PM
Super Stroby
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by svkarl
Sandrabernathy,

I just went through the PTS process on a 992. My car went V215 almost immediately (mid January) but TYD showed a lock date of late March. I was told by the SA once it goes V215, Porsche orders the paint so no changes to the color. He also said they effectively lock the car too so no other changes. From conversations with the SA, changing color would probably make it necessary to obtain a new alloction but I really don't know as our conversation was less about how to change and more about the general super-secret utterly confusing PTS process.

I have seen threads where people go back and modify non paint elements but from what was in the threads, they had to (or have their willing SA go to) PCNA and even then, it's pretty tough and can change build date and ultimately delivery dates. My SA was basically unwilling to reach out to PCNA to see about some non paint changes I wanted to look at. (interior items I ultimately got from an outside company).
Hope that helps.

Best,
Karl
Just went through the process and the same happened to me. I sat on my hands about manual/PDK. Even though the online tracker stated 72 days until lock I wanted the SA to make a change and it was kicked back "materials ordered". I will enjoy the car however its a little frustrating that there isn't a PTS version of the online tracker that will give an accurate lock date.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:54 PM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Visceral
@scafia that's quite a garage. How does the GT4 compare with the other quintessential driver's cars you have in the stable?
Thanks! The GT4 is like a modern day NSX (the 91-05) but better in every way. The only thing it "loses" in is the "cool" factor. I got way more attention in an NSX and also the ride height / seating position. The NSX is so low and its visibility is amazing.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:12 AM
ajsdots
Track Day

Received 42 Likes on 7 Posts

I CHOSE CLUB BLAU AND ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.
The following 3 users liked this post by ajsdots:
JPMD (11-28-2021), M2-6MT (12-02-2021), UncleDude (12-02-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 03:06 PM
M2-6MT
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car! I was wondering where did you add "Supplemental Safety Bars in Exterior Color" option for PTS? The reason I ask, everytime I choose PTS on the configurator , it automatically removes the safety bars and the Headlight Cleaning System Covers painted in exterior color.
Old 12-02-2021, 03:53 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by M2-6MT
Nice car! I was wondering where did you add "Supplemental Safety Bars in Exterior Color" option for PTS? The reason I ask, everytime I choose PTS on the configurator , it automatically removes the safety bars and the Headlight Cleaning System Covers painted in exterior color.
That's a "CXX" option that has to be specially requested through your dealer to PCNA (there's a pretty standard process for it). There's a minimum $3000 CXX charge, and I fit PTS supplemental safety bars, vehicle keys, and headlight washer nozzles in for $3115.

Be sure to request that and have it approved before you lock your PTS order in. It becomes un-changeable very quickly after the PTS allocation is locked in.
The following users liked this post:
M2-6MT (12-02-2021)
Old 12-06-2021, 11:23 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 850 Likes on 446 Posts

https://www.porschestevenscreek.com/...AC2A87MS289335
signal yellow gt4 at porsche stevens creek
30k adm included in the 17x listing price
The following users liked this post:
gt3rs. (12-07-2021)
Old 12-08-2021, 12:09 AM
nicholascanada
Pro

Received 274 Likes on 141 Posts

I have a regular allocation, does the dealership need a “special” PTS allocation or could I spec mine as PTS?
Old 12-08-2021, 12:54 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by nicholascanada
I have a regular allocation, does the dealership need a “special” PTS allocation or could I spec mine as PTS?
As I understand it, the build needs to be within the PTS build window.
Old 12-08-2021, 11:43 AM
nicholascanada
Pro

Received 274 Likes on 141 Posts

Thanks. And is this BRG or IG?

Last edited by nicholascanada; 12-08-2021 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-09-2022, 06:32 PM
Crouching_Targa
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi everyone, congrats to all the PTS owners here! Beautiful cars and an amazing resource for someone like me. I'm currently waiting for a PTS slot, but sit at the top of the list with my OPC and they seem very confident. Like i'm sure all of you have, i've obsessed over the build. Looking for a bit of help with Porsche Racing Green Metallic. I've ALWAYS wanted a green Porsche and love the darker greens of the past, however I want a slightly more modern take on that with my GT4 spec. Ideally a metallic green with contrast from the wheels in platinum. I'm being drawn to Porsche Racing Green Metallic, but worry it may look very different away from Instagram.

The pic referenced in this thread sent me down a rabbit hole of Instagram, YouTube and Google searches with only a few pics found (AP's GT3 plus the PTS Spyder build from Sweden are the highlights). So just a couple of questions so I don't f this build opportunity up!:
1. I noticed from a poll on a different thread that a few people have ordered Porsche Racing Green Metallic, any arrived yet, pics you could share?
2. Those that may have seen this in person, (I haven't) what did you think? I love it, but worry it may be too bright in person? Concern is that so far, due to its seeming scarcity, this colour would be chosen mainly from potentially air brushed Instagram pictures,

I know colour is personal and of course subjective but would love peoples's help/views. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2022, 06:48 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Crouching_Targa
Hi everyone, congrats to all the PTS owners here! Beautiful cars and an amazing resource for someone like me. I'm currently waiting for a PTS slot, but sit at the top of the list with my OPC and they seem very confident. Like i'm sure all of you have, i've obsessed over the build. Looking for a bit of help with Porsche Racing Green Metallic. I've ALWAYS wanted a green Porsche and love the darker greens of the past, however I want a slightly more modern take on that with my GT4 spec. Ideally a metallic green with contrast from the wheels in platinum. I'm being drawn to Porsche Racing Green Metallic, but worry it may look very different away from Instagram.

The pic referenced in this thread sent me down a rabbit hole of Instagram, YouTube and Google searches with only a few pics found (AP's GT3 plus the PTS Spyder build from Sweden are the highlights). So just a couple of questions so I don't f this build opportunity up!:
1. I noticed from a poll on a different thread that a few people have ordered Porsche Racing Green Metallic, any arrived yet, pics you could share?
2. Those that may have seen this in person, (I haven't) what did you think? I love it, but worry it may be too bright in person? Concern is that so far, due to its seeming scarcity, this colour would be chosen mainly from potentially air brushed Instagram pictures,

I know colour is personal and of course subjective but would love peoples's help/views. Thanks!
I spent a *long* time, like you, staring at the three or four dark metallic greens. For me PRGM was a really tough pick with Oak Green Metallic. I liked the slightly "gray" tones in OGM and worried that PRGM was more straight green (and a tiny bit darker). I already have a Mamba Green Taycan CT coming, so I ended up going with Amethyst Metallic instead. But without the Mamba Green CT on the way, I might have gone with Oak Green.
Old 01-10-2022, 04:11 AM
Crouching_Targa
Intermediate

So you feel my pain! AM metallic is beautiful btw, great choice! The toss up between Oak Green, (where there are many more pictures) is the big decision.... (Dark Olive M is a left field option too for me, but has very few pictures floating around too)
Old 01-10-2022, 09:23 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

I've seen Oak Green Metallic in real life and it truly is gorgeous! I'm not a green fan, but that color is simply stunning! Another one that I saw on Instagram for the first time is Fjord Green that looked stunning as well, but appears to be a pastel color.

Amethyst and Viola are also great colors in purple hues. If I could go back in time I may have gone ahead with Viola.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:01 AM
Crouching_Targa
Intermediate

My SA has been brilliant. Still time for me to change so i've gone with my gut and chosen what I think is a softer and slightly more heritage look with Oak Green Metallic.. Feel good about that decision. Now the wait! As I make progress I might start to document on a new thread
The following 2 users liked this post by Crouching_Targa:
JBM718GTS (01-10-2022), sin911 (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 10:36 AM
mslam02
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 69 Posts

I get that overall there are a lot of PTS options, but when there are practically zero red options, its very frustrating. I'd love a dark red option like pascha red (dark superior red is a bit too purple-ish for me) I'd even take mahogany metallic....

Last edited by mslam02; 01-10-2022 at 10:49 AM.

Quick Reply: The Official PTS Color Thread