Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Canada Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 12:00 PM
wigglenator
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Canada Pricing

Interested in a GT4 in Ontario/QC - MTL/Ottawa/Toronto.

There is a ton of GT4 stock that hangs around - for a hot car they sure don't look like they are moving a lot of units (at least not up in the North )

What have ppl been able to get off MSRP 2,3,4%??

If you are just gonna pays MSRP - you might as well order the exact car you want.

b
Old 12-10-2020, 12:11 PM
jdmporscheguy
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

I paid full MSRP for mine in the GTA area. Spoke to 2 different dealerships and neither of them were willing to even come down a penny so I did my research and went with the best Sales Agent I could find. On the bright side, even though I paid full MSRP, I did get a car cover and a free (Paid by Porsche) track day out of it and my SA was absolutely amazing and made my first P car experience amazing so I have no complaints.

I wanted a brand new ordered car from the beginning though... dealerships did tell me though that they are more willing to do 1-2% discount on cars in their lot so maybe if you buy one they have in stock, they will discount you.

B.

Last edited by jdmporscheguy; 12-10-2020 at 12:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
wigglenator (12-10-2020)
Old 12-10-2020, 12:15 PM
wigglenator
AutoX

That's super helpful - located in Ottawa and dealership here hasnt been easy to work with.

I get full MSRP on a custom order - good to know there is a little wiggle room on the lot.
Old 12-10-2020, 12:16 PM
REDCOMET
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by wigglenator
Interested in a GT4 in Ontario/QC - MTL/Ottawa/Toronto.

There is a ton of GT4 stock that hangs around - for a hot car they sure don't look like they are moving a lot of units (at least not up in the North )

What have ppl been able to get off MSRP 2,3,4%??

If you are just gonna pays MSRP - you might as well order the exact car you want.

b
I want to custom order a new GT4 but the waiting list is 20+ in front of me so I have to settle to pick from their stock or go for GTS 4.0. They are not willing to give out a penny of discount on GT4 & spyder even inventory. At least not in Toronto
Old 12-10-2020, 12:25 PM
OttawaSteve
Burning Brakes

Received 582 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by wigglenator
That's super helpful - located in Ottawa and dealership here hasnt been easy to work with.

I get full MSRP on a custom order - good to know there is a little wiggle room on the lot.
That's if there are any on the lot, and I don't think that there are any at Mark Motors. The other issue is that for you to order one, the dealer needs to have an allocation for the model that you're after. MM had one GT4 earlier this year and my SA told me it would be the only one, presumably for the year. These things change - have you asked them about allocations?
Old 12-10-2020, 12:34 PM
4MIDABLE
Racer

Received 327 Likes on 152 Posts

In the GTA here. First dealership I spoke to about the GT4 basically laughed right to my face. "You want a GT car? ...and you have never bought a Porsche before? Let me show you a used Macan."
Second dealership took deposit for an allocation, but was clear it would be at full MSRP. Mind you, that was pre-covid, pre-PDK and pre-RS announcement. I think these 3 things have created some wiggle room on inventory cars...pretty sure you will have to pay MSRP on a factory spec order no matter where you go.
Old 12-10-2020, 02:00 PM
jacksot
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 4MIDABLE
In the GTA here. First dealership I spoke to about the GT4 basically laughed right to my face. "You want a GT car? ...and you have never bought a Porsche before? Let me show you a used Macan."
Second dealership took deposit for an allocation, but was clear it would be at full MSRP. Mind you, that was pre-covid, pre-PDK and pre-RS announcement. I think these 3 things have created some wiggle room on inventory cars...pretty sure you will have to pay MSRP on a factory spec order no matter where you go.
Similar GTA experience, put down a deposit 2 years prior to the announcement of 718 GT4 without any history with the dealership. Another dealer I spoke with essentially laughed and said I would never get an allocation. Fast forward to February, got a build slot at MSRP with the first dealer. Again pre-COVID, pre-PDK, pre-RS. I agree, now maybe a little wiggle room.
Old 12-10-2020, 02:01 PM
LZRD GRN
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by REDCOMET
I want to custom order a new GT4 but the waiting list is 20+ in front of me so I have to settle to pick from their stock or go for GTS 4.0. They are not willing to give out a penny of discount on GT4 & spyder even inventory. At least not in Toronto
Pfaff in Vaughn has a 2021 GT4 in their inventory.

Nice spec, Python Green, was there last pm
Old 12-10-2020, 02:09 PM
REDCOMET
Instructor

Originally Posted by LZRD GRN
Pfaff in Vaughn has a 2021 GT4 in their inventory.

Nice spec, Python Green, was there last pm
But I want custom order a guard red 6MT GT4 with 18 way seat, regular brake and navi, bose & dual zone climate the other options I am flexible but none inventory in Canada fill my requirement. So I placed an custom order GTS 4.0 since there are 20+ waiting list on GT4 allocation in GTA dealers

Last edited by REDCOMET; 12-10-2020 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-10-2020, 02:14 PM
jdmporscheguy
Advanced

But I want custom order a guard red GT4 with 18 way seat, regular brake and navi, bose & dual zone climate the other options I am flexible but none inventory in Canada fill my requirement. So I placed an custom order GTS 4.0 since there are 20+ waiting list on GT4 allocation in GTA dealers
I don't know where or who told you that there are 20+ waiting list. I placed my deposit on a custom GT4 order in September and got an allocation for October production which turned down since it was going to be delivered in Dec/Jan and I wasn't going to drive the car in snow. So I told them not to put me down for October allocation and that I want something closer to spring.. so they called me back 2 weeks ago with another allocation spot for January production with delivery in March and I accepted that even though I had told them I want the car for May.

So it surprises me that you are getting that answer lol but good luck!
Old 12-10-2020, 02:21 PM
REDCOMET
Instructor

Originally Posted by jdmporscheguy
I don't know where or who told you that there are 20+ waiting list. I placed my deposit on a custom GT4 order in September and got an allocation for October production which turned down since it was going to be delivered in Dec/Jan and I wasn't going to drive the car in snow. So I told them not to put me down for October allocation and that I want something closer to spring.. so they called me back 2 weeks ago with another allocation spot for January production with delivery in March and I accepted that even though I had told them I want the car for May.

So it surprises me that you are getting that answer lol but good luck!
May I ask which dealer? I talked to North Toronto & Pfaff and both gave me the same answer. Pfaff tried to sell me their inventory and North Toronto told me to just order a GTS 4.0 and call it a day since GTS 4.0 is better for daily leisure drive anyway (the 718 is mainly for my wife to grab grocery). But I absolutely love the aggressive looks of the GT4 over the GTS
Old 12-10-2020, 02:43 PM
jdmporscheguy
Advanced

May I ask which dealer? I talked to North Toronto & Pfaff and both gave me the same answer. Pfaff tried to sell me their inventory and North Toronto told me to just order a GTS 4.0 and call it a day since GTS 4.0 is better for daily leisure drive anyway (the 718 is mainly for my wife to grab grocery). But I absolutely love the aggressive looks of the GT4 over the GTS
I bought mine from Pfaff.
Old 12-10-2020, 03:35 PM
REDCOMET
Instructor

Originally Posted by jdmporscheguy
I bought mine from Pfaff.
Thanks, will call Pfaff to find it out
Old 12-10-2020, 04:44 PM
wigglenator
AutoX

They have a chalk one on lot.

Email comm tough with them - then made appt to see the GT4 - went in at time and after an hour and a half of waiting left.

Not sure the service at MM is what I am looking for. Have had a great relationship with one of the BMW dealerships - have a guy that gets me the cars I want promptly.

Just looking to move up the car food chain ;-p

Prob gonna deal with MTL
Old 12-10-2020, 04:52 PM
pyceasyas123
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 26 Posts

There is a silver GT4 at Porsche Center Oakville. If you need a contact, DM me.

https://www.porschecentreoakville.co...allic+42495459

Quick Reply: Canada Pricing