Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Oil Level Measurment fault

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2022, 09:22 PM
Paiceyfan
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts

Update...Later, I got an Airbag light on the dashboard. I gave the car to the dealership for 24 hours to resolve it's issues.
They said they reset the electrical system...hmmm...30 miles down the road, I get a High Oil alarm. I reset it by opening the rear hatch for two minutes, but we will see what happens in the morning. I have no confidence in the dealership at all.
Old 08-30-2022, 04:56 PM
Paiceyfan
Racer

Update...Next morning I have a High Oil Alarm again, but later in the day, on startup, the message is gone. Next Morning (Tuesday)...no message...will keep you posted. Keeping my fingers crossed.
The following users liked this post:
slilley (09-01-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 06:39 PM
Paiceyfan
Racer

So, 1500 miles after oil change, I continue to have high oil level alarms after reset, even though the dealership insists the actual level is good.

I go on vacation for two weeks and immediately get battery protection alerts.Tgese disappear after two days of driving. Interestingly, today I noticed that although the car is locked up, the dashboard is still on. Before this, I was sat in the car listening to music for 20 minutes while waiting for my son, at his appointment and then drove home. Makes me think this is all related to the battery, but the voltage is good at 14.7v when running and 12.4v when not. Getting frustrated now.

Last edited by Paiceyfan; 10-08-2022 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-08-2022, 07:08 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by Paiceyfan
So, 1500 miles after oil change, I continue to have high oil level alarms after reset, even though the dealership insists the actual level is good.

I go on vacation for two weeks and immediately get battery protection alerts.Tgese disappear after two days of driving. Interestingly, today I noticed that although the car is locked up, the dashboard is still on. Before this, I was sat in the car listening to music for 20 minutes while waiting for my son, at his appointment and then drove home. Makes me think this is all related to the battery, but the voltage is good at 14.7v when running and 12.4v when not. Getting frustrated now.
14.7v while driving or engine running is good, 12.4v when sitting is not, to me it indicates a drain on the battery, possibly that dash staying lit? Are saying that the dash 'never' turns off, it should do so after a short couple of minutes. Did the dealership comment on this?
Old 10-08-2022, 07:58 PM
Paiceyfan
Racer

So, I left it for about 30 minutes and it never turned off. Went out for an hour and then came back ...still on. This time I started the engine and then switched iff and it completely goes black within seconds of locking... crazy stuff. The dealership is unaware of this latest issue.
Old 10-09-2022, 01:17 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

So, I left it for about 30 minutes and it never turned off. Went out for an hour and then came back ...still on. This time I started the engine and then switched iff and it completely goes black within seconds of locking... crazy stuff. The dealership is unaware of this latest issue.
That is strange, make the dealer aware and make sure they record the fault... Something is definitely wrong.
Old 10-09-2022, 05:33 PM
Z06jerry
Pro

Received 354 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
14.7v while driving or engine running is good, 12.4v when sitting is not, to me it indicates a drain on the battery, possibly that dash staying lit? Are saying that the dash 'never' turns off, it should do so after a short couple of minutes. Did the dealership comment on this?
FWIW, my battery voltage when sitting is also 12.2 - 12.5v (measured with a voltmeter) and agrees with the reading in my cluster. With engine running its typically 14.4 - 14.7v

Originally Posted by Westcoast
That is strange, make the dealer aware and make sure they record the fault... Something is definitely wrong.
I agree something's not right, @Paiceyfan wondering if you have anything plugged into the car i.e. OBD dongle or wireless CarPlay adapter?

Quick Reply: Oil Level Measurment fault