Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Questions re: Config of roof lining and PTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2020 | 10:07 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Default Questions re: Config of roof lining and PTS

Hi all,

I was playing around with the configurator, and in the interior you can delete Roof Lining in Race-Tex. But if you do that, what would the roof lining be? It doesn't say in the pop-up description.

Also, if you order a PTS car (assuming you can get a slot for it), are you not able to get things like the headlight washer covers and interior trim in that same PTS color? If you select either of those options, the configurator asks you to pick a different color for the car.

TIA
Old 10-14-2020 | 12:02 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TikiLou
Hi all,

I was playing around with the configurator, and in the interior you can delete Roof Lining in Race-Tex. But if you do that, what would the roof lining be? It doesn't say in the pop-up description.

Also, if you order a PTS car (assuming you can get a slot for it), are you not able to get things like the headlight washer covers and interior trim in that same PTS color? If you select either of those options, the configurator asks you to pick a different color for the car.

TIA
In order to get washer and interior trim painted PTS you need to request CXX (customization) items for those ...

washers #229 $295
climate control panel #359 $865
interior trim #36 $2640
center console #20 $540
keys #630 $775
roll bars - NOT APPROVED

door trim - DO NOT ASK - its EXPENSIVE! - they basically have to pull the trim and overlay it ... I was quoted over $8k to do this.

Last edited by Larry Cable; 10-14-2020 at 12:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TikiLou (10-14-2020)
Old 10-14-2020 | 12:53 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
In order to get washer and interior trim painted PTS you need to request CXX (customization) items for those ...

washers #229 $295
interior trim #36 $2640
center console #20 $540
keys #630 $775
roll bars - NOT APPROVED

door trim - DO NOT ASK - its EXPENSIVE! - they basically have to pull the trim and overlay it ... I was quoted over $8k to do this.
Thanks Larry. Sorry, I'm new to Porsche...so is Interior Trim just the pieces that go side to side across the dash when you do PTS? If I choose a normally available color and select "Interior Trim Painted ICW Leather Interior" it shows the bit across the dash, the bit around the center console and the bit above the door handles all painted. Is this different if the exterior is a PTS color?
Old 10-14-2020 | 12:55 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

washers #229 $295
interior trim #36 $2640
center console #20 $540
keys #630 $775
roll bars - NOT APPROVED

To add to this...I believe if you go this route, it's basically considered a custom door treatment so you can actually do a full custom door to your liking, of course within PAG's parameters. I believe this means that if you also want to change the stitching, you can. You should also be able to change the alcantara to leather for example as well. The $8k isn't "just" for the door trim as it would be for a full door treatment.
Old 10-14-2020 | 01:01 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

washers #229 $295
interior trim #36 $2640
center console #20 $540
keys #630 $775
roll bars - NOT APPROVED

And I'm still curious what you get if you delete the Race-Tex headliner and what color the washer covers would be if you don't request CXX items.
Old 10-14-2020 | 01:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Thanks Larry. Sorry, I'm new to Porsche...so is Interior Trim just the pieces that go side to side across the dash when you do PTS? If I choose a normally available color and select "Interior Trim Painted ICW Leather Interior" it shows the bit across the dash, the bit around the center console and the bit above the door handles all painted. Is this different if the exterior is a PTS color?
yes there are 3 components to the interior trim - dash, center console and doors ... you have to CXX these individually if you PTS, and the climate control panel also!

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
To add to this...I believe if you go this route, it's basically considered a custom door treatment so you can actually do a full custom door to your liking, of course within PAG's parameters. I believe this means that if you also want to change the stitching, you can. You should also be able to change the alcantara to leather for example as well. The $8k isn't "just" for the door trim as it would be for a full door treatment.
actually that is not really true, Exclusiv told me that it would be $8k to work on the door panels in order to paint the trim.

And I'm still curious what you get if you delete the Race-Tex headliner and what color the washer covers would be if you don't request CXX items.
beats me on the roof liner washers would be black!

Last edited by Larry Cable; 10-14-2020 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-14-2020 | 02:01 PM
OttawaSteve
Burning Brakes

Roof liner would be the standard fabric, either same color as interior or black.

"In interior colour in conjunction with Black, Agate Grey, Graphite Blue or Espresso. In black with all other colours."
Old 10-14-2020 | 02:02 PM
Illusive991
Racer

I'm pretty sure if you delete the Race-Tex headliner, you get the usual fabric headliner in other Cayman/Boxsters, likely in black unless you select a different interior colour that comes with a matching headliner (i.e. I recall the GTS 4.0 in natural brown leather will have the corresponding matching brown fabric headliner).

If you don't select colour matched or painted washers, it will come with a basic black plastic cap (plastic satin finish).
Old 10-14-2020 | 04:43 PM
patdonahue
Pro

Deletion of Race-Tex roof lining with a Graphite Blue leather interior. Note A pillars and overhead

Old 10-14-2020 | 04:52 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Thanks all!

Quick Reply: Questions re: Config of roof lining and PTS