Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

loose screws in Spyder side intakes? (is this a feature?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2020 | 01:32 AM
aurieg92
Advanced

Default loose screws in Spyder side intakes? (is this a feature?)

Was getting petrol and I found a screw loose in the driver-side intake. Between the plastic part that sits flush with the body and the actual plastic intake, there's about a half-centimeter gap and I found the screw stuck there. I decided to check the passenger side intake and yep! loose screw there too. Both screws were different (one phillips, the other hex head with self-drilling tip) and one was missing the sharp tip (had broken off).

Has anybody else found screws or junk like rocks in the intake panel gaps? I'm trying to decide if:
* some vandal did this
* these are actually parts of the car that came loose (but they're different screws and one had a self-drilling tip)
* Porsche meticulously designed the side intakes to suck up screws on the road so that they don't end up in the tires

I wonder if the outer plastic covers come off... looks like a prime place for dirt and junk to collect.
Old 09-29-2020 | 05:34 AM
Croc999
Racer

Pictures please
Old 09-29-2020 | 09:01 AM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aurieg92
Was getting petrol and I found a screw loose in the driver-side intake. Between the plastic part that sits flush with the body and the actual plastic intake, there's about a half-centimeter gap and I found the screw stuck there. I decided to check the passenger side intake and yep! loose screw there too. Both screws were different (one phillips, the other hex head with self-drilling tip) and one was missing the sharp tip (had broken off).

Has anybody else found screws or junk like rocks in the intake panel gaps? I'm trying to decide if:
* some vandal did this
* these are actually parts of the car that came loose (but they're different screws and one had a self-drilling tip)
* Porsche meticulously designed the side intakes to suck up screws on the road so that they don't end up in the tires

I wonder if the outer plastic covers come off... looks like a prime place for dirt and junk to collect.
Rocks in the intakes is a daily thing for me in the Canadian north as our roads are ???. I have commented on this in another thread and have had other RL members pipe in they were experiencing the same.

Quick Reply: loose screws in Spyder side intakes? (is this a feature?)