Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Anyone else doing PEC L.A delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2023 | 06:37 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by smiles11
When doing a PECLA delivery. Does the selling dealer ever see the car? Or does it go straight to PECLA?
The dealership never sees the car. Mine was delivered straight from Benicia port and the dealership i bought the car from is in Oklahoma.

If you are worried about checks or if things are missing or even broken dont worry about it. PECLA does a full checkthrough and will notify you of any issues as well as reaching out to your dealership of choice so that you can get the issue sorted. My car was having intermittent AC issues and they notified me about it a few days before i picked up the car and scheduled me a time to bring it into my local dealership to get it looked at. Unfortunetly i'm still suffering from some issues but this isnt PECLA's fault.
The following users liked this post:
smiles11 (04-26-2023)
Old 04-26-2023 | 07:58 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Xxyion
The dealership never sees the car. Mine was delivered straight from Benicia port and the dealership i bought the car from is in Oklahoma.

If you are worried about checks or if things are missing or even broken dont worry about it. PECLA does a full checkthrough and will notify you of any issues as well as reaching out to your dealership of choice so that you can get the issue sorted. My car was having intermittent AC issues and they notified me about it a few days before i picked up the car and scheduled me a time to bring it into my local dealership to get it looked at. Unfortunetly i'm still suffering from some issues but this isnt PECLA's fault.
+1

we get quite a few PECLA deliveries, both from our own organic clients, and referrals

pecla has a VERY thorough and detailed process and it’s one a few, very few, places we advise our clients to allow for pre delivery detail

you’re in great hands
Old 04-27-2023 | 03:44 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by madsina
Im doing PECLA on 5/11. Car went straight there from Benicia port, never went to my dealer.

Edit - I should also note, I plan on driving back to the Bay Area.
Car entered the Bay Area, gets shipped down to PECLA, then you'll drive it back up to the bay?
Old 04-27-2023 | 12:25 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by skafia
Car entered the Bay Area, gets shipped down to PECLA, then you'll drive it back up to the bay?
I did the same. It was weird watching the tracking and knowing my car literally passes my house just so i can go down to drive it back up. It was an interesting drive. Hit some rain on the way back. Was a long day as we started the drive right after we finished the experience. Took it slow too so it was a good 7 hours.
The following users liked this post:
emaw (04-28-2023)
Old 04-27-2023 | 03:20 PM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Xxyion
I did the same. It was weird watching the tracking and knowing my car literally passes my house just so i can go down to drive it back up. It was an interesting drive. Hit some rain on the way back. Was a long day as we started the drive right after we finished the experience. Took it slow too so it was a good 7 hours.
Nice. My car is en route to Benecia and it's expected to port at San Diego (an hour from me). Also, my ship ported in Georgia a month ago before going through the Panama Canal. Had I known, I would have did pickup in PEC Atlanta and drove 3k miles to CA .

Last edited by skafia; 04-27-2023 at 03:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone else doing PEC L.A delivery?