Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GTS 4.0 "Deviated Stitching Interior Package" with LWBS

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 02:25 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts
Default GTS 4.0 "Deviated Stitching Interior Package" with LWBS

The Boxster GTS 4.0 configurator requires to deselect LWBS when choosing the "Deviated Stitching Interior Package" option. Does this mean that for the GTS 4.0 LWBS can only be ordered with the standard black and GTS Package chalk/red stitching? Was looking for Lizard or Mamba stitching to complement a Python Green exterior but not willing to give up the LWBS for it.

Strangely, this limitation doesn't exist with the GT4/Spyder as just confirmed by a recent Spyder delivery in the Gentian Blue thread.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:41 PM
Puggz
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 142 Posts

Cant do it on the Canadian configuator either. Actually, if you select LWB seats there are only 4 interior choices. I believe the GTS pkgs come with deviated stitch but not green.

Maybe CXX but that would be spendy.

Unless your going to track the boxster, I would personally recommend either of the sport seats. Very few love the LWBs for touring around and then you can get your green stitch.

If you're really stuck on LWB go with interior pkg painted and/or green belts.

Old 08-27-2020, 04:34 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Puggz
Cant do it on the Canadian configuator either. Actually, if you select LWB seats there are only 4 interior choices. I believe the GTS pkgs come with deviated stitch but not green.

Maybe CXX but that would be spendy.

Unless your going to track the boxster, I would personally recommend either of the sport seats. Very few love the LWBs for touring around and then you can get your green stitch.

If you're really stuck on LWB go with interior pkg painted and/or green belts.
Yes, the GTS packages come with chalk or red stitching and CF trim. I won't track the Boxster but it won't be a daily appliance either -- almost exclusively a backroads carver with an errand, coffee, lunch, dinner thrown in. The LWBS fit me so well, as if they were custom made for my body (6ft, 170lb), it would be a sin to refuse a gift like that. They are more comfortable than the Euro GT3 buckets I have in my 996 GT3 which I also don't track and also wouldn't have without the buckets.

Looks like it will be all black leather with black stitching and Python interior trim. I think Lizard seatbelts would clash with the Python exterior and interior trim. Lizard stitching would be ok as it's too thin for the difference to show -- seatbelts have too much surface of a different green which I think would clash.

I just don't understand how is a feature that they can do on a GT4/Spyder suddenly not available on a GTS. Similar cars, similar prices, similar production numbers, same parts. Go figure...

Last edited by hf1; 08-27-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Quick Reply: GTS 4.0 "Deviated Stitching Interior Package" with LWBS