Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Details on extended options

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 02:34 PM
Puggz
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Details on extended options

Wondering what's really included in these, the configuration states it but it doesn't really mean anything to me.

Extended Interior Package, Door Panel in Alcantara® / Leather

Dashboard Trim Package in Leather/Alcantara®

TIA,

P.

Last edited by Puggz; 08-12-2020 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:52 PM
Illusive991
Racer

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

I optioned the dashboard trim package but didn't do the extended interior package so take my understanding of the second option with a grain of salt as I could be wrong, but it's what I believe is included based on the text and conversation with my SA at the time when I was considering it.

Dashboard trim includes the deviated stitching at the front of the dash where the defroster vents are and I believe the piece around the sport chrono as circled in red below as well as the alcantara dash end piece on either side in the second picture:

The extended package I believe adds leather/alcantara to pieces on the door as circled in red below; again not 100% confirmed as I didn't option it based on the text and feedback from my SA as I didn't think these pieces were worth the extra money:

Old 08-12-2020, 02:55 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Illusive991
I optioned the dashboard trim package but didn't do the extended interior package so take my understanding of the second option with a grain of salt as I could be wrong, but it's what I believe is included based on the text and conversation with my SA at the time when I was considering it.

Dashboard trim includes the deviated stitching at the front of the dash where the defroster vents are and I believe the piece around the sport chrono as circled in red below as well as the alcantara dash end piece on either side in the second picture:

The extended package I believe adds leather/alcantara to pieces on the door as circled in red below; again not 100% confirmed as I didn't option it based on the text and feedback from my SA as I didn't think these pieces were worth the extra money:
Those are it but it's my understanding that those options are no longer available as of November builds. You'll want to double check with your SA if you're interested in those options and make sure you find an allocation that still fits within the purchase window.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:50 PM
Puggz
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 142 Posts

Thank you sir's. The car I purchased this past Monday has both of these option so I'm just curious what I was getting. Seems like the door pkg isn't really that worthwhile but I'm getting it anyways. Maybe I'll learn to love it but would rather have the leather steering column.

Old 08-12-2020, 08:08 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 660 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Puggz
Thank you sir's. The car I purchased this past Monday has both of these option so I'm just curious what I was getting. Seems like the door pkg isn't really that worthwhile but I'm getting it anyways. Maybe I'll learn to love it but would rather have the leather steering column.
I got the steering column in leather as that's something I easily see. Didn't even consider the other extended options as I wouldn't normally even notice those parts.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:36 PM
Jim Rockford
Burning Brakes

Received 493 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
I got the steering column in leather as that's something I easily see. Didn't even consider the other extended options as I wouldn't normally even notice those parts.
I did the same. I might have considered the others but the price for them given there were no supporting visuals... I opted out. Amazing that there’s not more diligence from PAG to digitize these and get customers excited on these items instead of just throwing up the Porsche crest / image not available.

More importantly, how much is the option for the steering wheel shower cap?!
Old 08-12-2020, 08:50 PM
GT325
Pro

Received 199 Likes on 113 Posts

Supposedly option CGT is no longer available for builds after November 20ish. Not sure about CZW.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:55 PM
street
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I got lea defroster vents on a 2007. It was on the brochure pic and looked great. It was a pain to Lexol. That's a spot you want to treat often. Got all over the windshield where it's tough to clean. I won't do that again. A friend just got a Turbo with lea door thresholds. That is a bigger mistake.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:05 PM
Illusive991
Racer

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
I like the steering column in leather if you get deviated stitching, think it looks great. I believe the configurator does show the dashboard trim in leather (you'll see the deviated stitching colour). The extended package leather doesnt show up due to where the parts are, I believe the extended lower leather/alcantara option does show up in the configurator as well as you'll get deviated stitching and leather around the door sill that you can see on the interior picture.

Originally Posted by Jim Rockford
More importantly, how much is the option for the steering wheel shower cap?!
Free with every GT4/Spyder!

Quick Reply: Details on extended options