Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Cayman GTS 4.0 spec details advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2020 | 03:30 PM
rjag2034
Racer

Originally Posted by Jedi_46
Hi, thank you for your answers.

I am 191 cm tall / 95 kg of weight, and short-term I feel that LWBS could be too tight for me (however seating position is perfect). I would like to keep the GTS 4.0 with 2-way Sports Plus seats, if this was a GT4, I think LWBS are a must.

I prefer black interiors, but you are right, it can be too much. But as I want to keep Guards Red exterior color and do not want to go with Carmine Red GTS package (I am not a fan of red seat belts, red rev counter and carbon trim), I do not have many options to choose from.

Exterior color trim is too much for me (plastic shiny look) and if you want to keep Race-Tex interior, there is no option for red deviated stitching. So only one brighter choice is brushed aluminium trim.

What do you think?
What you are thinking of is basically what I chose for my Gentian Blue. I'm 185cm and 85kg so slightly less than you. I just came out of a 997.1 with the sport plus seats and found them just right and lots of support. Kept it quite simple with the black sport plus 2 way seats, Race-Tex interior and black aluminum. I was going to go for the black leather trim but I like the slight contrast the black aluminum makes. It breaks up the division between the Leather and the Race-Tex. Good luck with your decision making!

Last edited by rjag2034; 09-26-2020 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-26-2020 | 05:14 PM
Jedi_46
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rjag2034
What you are thinking of is basically what I chose for my Gentian Blue. I'm 185cm and 85kg so slightly less than you. I just came out of a 997.1 with the sport plus seats and found them just right and lots of support. Kept it quite simple with the black sport plus 2 way seats, Race-Tex interior and black aluminum. I was going to go for the black leather trim but I like the slight contract the black aluminum makes. It breaks up the division between the Leather and the Race-Tex. Good luck with your decision making!

Very similar spec Very simple and looking nice & decent. When is your delivery date? I would appreciate some real photos Do you mind posting your Porsche code?

I am still thinking of (bright) brushed aluminium trim. Have somebody specced it? It can look better in real life than in the configurator.
Old 09-26-2020 | 06:10 PM
rjag2034
Racer

Very similar spec Very simple and looking nice & decent. When is your delivery date? I would appreciate some real photos Do you mind posting your Porsche code?

I am still thinking of (bright) brushed aluminium trim. Have somebody specced it? It can look better in real life than in the configurator.
November build and mid Jan delivery to the West Coast

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM2RNZ80
The following users liked this post:
Paiceyfan (11-04-2020)
Old 09-26-2020 | 06:43 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Hi, thank you for your answers.

I am 191 cm tall / 95 kg of weight, and short-term I feel that LWBS could be too tight for me (however seating position is perfect). I would like to keep the GTS 4.0 with 2-way Sports Plus seats, if this was a GT4, I think LWBS are a must.

I prefer black interiors, but you are right, it can be too much. But as I want to keep Guards Red exterior color and do not want to go with Carmine Red GTS package (I am not a fan of red seat belts, red rev counter and carbon trim), I do not have many options to choose from.

Exterior color trim is too much for me (plastic shiny look) and if you want to keep Race-Tex interior, there is no option for red deviated stitching. So only one brighter choice is brushed aluminium trim.

What do you think?
Yes. If you don't like red interior trim, then go with that.
Old 09-26-2020 | 11:56 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Do you all think that the renders on the configurator are bad in terms of selecting exterior color for interior trim? I'm looking at the GTS 4.0 in Python Green and when selecting exterior color for interior trim, the green almost looks yellow. I'm assuming this is just bad rendering, but wanted to ask those of you with experience / who have gotten your interior trim in exterior color. In real life, it's actually the same color, correct?
Old 09-27-2020 | 02:28 PM
markoware
Instructor

Originally Posted by TikiLou
Do you all think that the renders on the configurator are bad in terms of selecting exterior color for interior trim? I'm looking at the GTS 4.0 in Python Green and when selecting exterior color for interior trim, the green almost looks yellow. I'm assuming this is just bad rendering, but wanted to ask those of you with experience / who have gotten your interior trim in exterior color. In real life, it's actually the same color, correct?
Yes, the configurator is not representative of real life. While I am not a fan of painted trim in general, I always like it much better in person than on the configurator. You're right, the python green looks especially weird on the configurator. On the configurator it reminds me of being done with the drawing tool in the closest color match in the Windows paint program.
The following users liked this post:
TikiLou (09-27-2020)
Old 09-27-2020 | 02:30 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Haha maybe Porsche cheaped out and used the Windows Paint program for its photos

I would really love to get a GTS 4.0 in Mamba Green. I so wish it was an available color option rather than a PTS-only option. I just think the shape of the car would look brilliant in it, but I love green in general, so Python would be my next choice. Aventurine metallic is too gray / not enough green for me.
Old 09-27-2020 | 05:54 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Personally I would have gone with silver stitching and if anthracite brushed aluminum is available I would option that. I don't like having all black/same material interior as it gets a bit boring. Having leather & alcantara/race-tex mix breaks it up. If you add aluminum trim (my preference colors would be anthracite>black>silver) it will add more texture to the interior compared to leather dash & door trims.

Definitely I would advise on adding Bose to the options.

Also, have you considered about the smoking/ashtray package? Instead of having a hole on your center console there will be a lid covering it up. Looks much better.
Old 09-28-2020 | 06:42 AM
Jedi_46
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rjag2034
November build and mid Jan delivery to the West Coast

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM2RNZ80
Looks nice. It seems that you are going for a leather steering wheel (me too). However you are keeping the standard gear lever (combined with alcantara). Were you considering brushed aluminium gear lever, which comes together with leather? For me it was just a match - alcantara steering wheel with alcantara gear lever, or choose it in leather, both.

Will appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.
Old 09-28-2020 | 06:57 AM
Jedi_46
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sin911
Personally I would have gone with silver stitching and if anthracite brushed aluminum is available I would option that. I don't like having all black/same material interior as it gets a bit boring. Having leather & alcantara/race-tex mix breaks it up. If you add aluminum trim (my preference colors would be anthracite>black>silver) it will add more texture to the interior compared to leather dash & door trims.

Definitely I would advise on adding Bose to the options.

Also, have you considered about the smoking/ashtray package? Instead of having a hole on your center console there will be a lid covering it up. Looks much better.
In the weekend car I am not listening to music, at all. Just need CarPlay for navigation.

Anthracite brushed aluminium trip is not available for GTS, only for GT4. I would choose it, if it was, I like it very much.

So it seems I have options only for leather trim, blacked brushed aluminium trip or brushed aluminium trim (bright). The last one seems too shiny in the configurator, but would probably make an interior more "happy".
Old 09-28-2020 | 08:42 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

In the weekend car I am not listening to music, at all. Just need CarPlay for navigation.

Anthracite brushed aluminium trip is not available for GTS, only for GT4. I would choose it, if it was, I like it very much.

So it seems I have options only for leather trim, blacked brushed aluminium trip or brushed aluminium trim (bright). The last one seems too shiny in the configurator, but would probably make an interior more "happy".
If you don't need it, then it's different. I personally love listening to music during drives.

The bright aluminum is not shiny, it's got some texture, it's brushed so does not reflect. I found a pic of a 981 GT4 with Leather and Alcantara interior and bright aluminum trim. I think it adds a bit of contrast and liven things up, take a look for yourself:

Old 09-29-2020 | 03:06 PM
Jedi_46
Intermediate

It looks nice. So I will not choose leather trim to avoid all black interior. There are two remaining choices for me, both aluminium trims - (standard) brushed or black brushed.

Thank you.
Old 09-29-2020 | 03:50 PM
REDCOMET
Instructor

My old GTS has the Race-Tex seats/trims/steering wheels and I kind of like the texture of it and have no problem at all for the pass 2 years. Now for the new GTS 4.0 order, is it a good idea to get the GTS interior package on top of it? Will the leather dash cause more glare than the standard plastic? Will the leather dash will not as durable as the plastic one in the long run? Also will the red center gauge hard to read when compare to the black one?
Old 09-29-2020 | 06:29 PM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

These are some options that I picked on my 718 CGTS after living with my wife’s 718 base Boxster for a year.

I stayed with the stock silver trim because it matched the handles and other trim pieces and added the silver seat belts to complement the trim.
If you stay with an all black interior I would select the black brushed trim which looks very upscale and add the red seatbelts just to add some color to the interior.
I chose white gauges with black numbers because I really did not like silver/light gray face with white letters, not enough contrast or quick to read. The black face with white numbers should always be standard!
I went with the PDLS Plus LED lights, they are wonderful at night, light up the sides beautifully and a pure white beam. I picked this over the GTS interior package.
The smoking package gives you a cover instead of a hole in the center console. If you want a fire extinguisher, now is the time to get it.
I picked the BOSE with Apple CarPlay and it has been working great. I like my music and I think it sounds good.
The 18 way seats are great!!! The Boxster has 4 way Sport Plus which are nice but not as nice as the 18 way seats which I have spent 11 hour trips in and been very comfortable.
If you plan to drive in cold weather, go with the heated seats. I also chose the heated multifunction wheel. I use the controls every time I drive but only used the heated wheel twice so far. But... it was nice to have both times.
I also went with the Platinum wheels instead of black. I have found that they do not show the brake dust as much as the black does and the offer far more definition to the wheel and spokes. The black just seems to have no definition at all in my opinion.
I also went with model delete because I liked the clean look that it presents on the bumper along with the blacked out PORSCHE letters above it.
Good luck with your selection, you are going to really like this car.

Last edited by OldJedi; 09-30-2020 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2020 | 06:35 PM
markoware
Instructor

Originally Posted by OldJedi
I stayed with the stock silver trim because it matched the handles and other trim pieces and added the silver seat belts to complement the trim.
If you stay with an all black interior I would select the black brushed trim which looks very upscale and add the red seatbelts just to add some color to the interior.
I was going to say the same thing about the silver trim. I am not a fan of it, but I am more of a fan of all my metals matching. The silver brushed aluminum looks out of place to me because it doesn't match the other trim pieces and door handles. It's the same reason I don't care for the plastic silver backrest shells...they don't match anything.

Quick Reply: Cayman GTS 4.0 spec details advice