Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Confirmed PTS orders check-in here

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2020 | 02:08 PM
Jon H
Racer

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM7CC1K3

Where is the Custom Color option for $12,830 on your build sheet?
Old 07-23-2020 | 02:18 PM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

The configurator removes it if you chose key color or Supplemental Safety bars in exterior color.
Congrats on getting the confirmation !
Old 07-23-2020 | 04:17 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jon H

Where is the Custom Color option for $12,830 on your build sheet?
its not, the build is simply an illustration of the options I chose.
Old 07-23-2020 | 08:37 PM
Gatch
Instructor

As a future 718 Spyder owner who doesn’t want to spend $12,000 on “custom color”, but wishes they could, and will opt for a metallic color like CWM because it’s beautiful...

...you are my heroes! It’ll be so exciting to see the unique colors that our car can be built with, and personally, I know I’ll go full nerd-mode when I see one at Cars & Coffee or other events.
The following users liked this post:
evilfij (07-24-2020)
Old 07-23-2020 | 08:49 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
its not, the build is simply an illustration of the options I chose.
they have done something to the configurator because it no longer has a separate selection for uni color or metallic color
the custom color representation stays white
evilfij (07-24-2020)
Old 07-23-2020 | 09:04 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

December production.

Originally Posted by sansan
let me guess. Riviera blue?
Nope. Already got one of those!
Old 07-23-2020 | 09:22 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JSF101
they have done something to the configurator because it no longer has a separate selection for uni color or metallic color
the custom color representation stays white
I saw that too
Old 07-23-2020 | 10:08 PM
Mike0105.
Advanced

Quick question for those well versed in the PTS process. My dealer said if I place an order now I would be waitlisted for December production and the next production date for my PTS order may not be till Q2. Does that sound right for a voodoo blue GT4?
Mike
evilfij (07-24-2020)
Old 07-24-2020 | 02:07 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

For those of you that have put in a PTS order, how long did it take Porsche to get back to you and say that they accepted the order? It’s my understanding that Porsche hasn’t accepted your order until you show v200 status, correct?
Old 07-24-2020 | 05:03 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike0105.
Quick question for those well versed in the PTS process. My dealer said if I place an order now I would be waitlisted for December production and the next production date for my PTS order may not be till Q2. Does that sound right for a voodoo blue GT4?
Mike
Sounds plausible. I heard someone else say PTS was filling up for December so maybe it is full. I have faith in PCNA that they will do the right thing and get as many people PTS as they can, you might just have to wait a bit more. It’s also not unusual for an order to sit as PCNA sends them to PAG (aka Germany) who then approves them whenever they feel like it it seems.

Submit order early, ASAP, now, yesterday, the second you get your allocation (mine was in within an hour of PTS opening up thanks to the best SA ever) and wait. And I completely agree with Gratch, I very much look forward to seeing the PTS cars as they come in. I got a lot of flak on the board next door for being so optimistic, but in the end it worked out for me and pretty much everyone else with an allocation who could wait. Some people even had to take later allocations to get it because it filled up, but they got it. 477 PTS 991.2 GT3 in the US and Canada! If PTS were a color, it would be the most popular color.
Old 07-24-2020 | 08:34 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
477 PTS 991.2 GT3 in the US and Canada! If PTS were a color, it would be the most popular color.
Wow, had no idea it was that many. That’s probably more than all decent 996 GT3 left in NA in any color. Kind of diminishes PTS’s exclusivity value. But if people are still clamoring to pay $13k extra for paint in those numbers, Porsche should be more than happy to oblige them. Maybe offer just three free and three “special” colors and make all the others “custom” at $13k a pop.
Old 07-24-2020 | 08:43 AM
flatt6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
Wow, had no idea it was that many. That’s probably more than all decent 996 GT3 left in NA in any color. Kind of diminishes PTS’s exclusivity value. But if people are still clamoring to pay $13k extra for paint in those numbers, Porsche should be more than happy to oblige them. Maybe offer just three free and three “special” colors and make all the others “custom” at $13k a pop.
It was not the case for the 981 GT4..Only 41 were built for NA. I'll be interested to see how many get commissioned for the 718. I'm very excited that it worked out for all those that waited.
evilfij (07-24-2020)
Old 07-24-2020 | 08:31 PM
jeffreestylz
Advanced

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Thanks to Philip Mauney of PCNA Exclusiv Manufactur my Spyder is confirmed for December build!!!

exterior PTS "Arrow Blau" (305/pfeilblau)

interior, keys will also be painted to exterior, Ive been told that the supplemental roll bars may not be approved by December so they may be black ... which is ok
Locked in for a December build in Club Blau as of last week. My SA checked-in with Porsche today in regards to getting PTS on the Supplemental Safety Bars, Headlight Washer Covers, and Keys but said those would be CXX and could delay the build past December. This seems to be in-line with what Larry Cable has stated regarding the safety bars, but for some reason I can't get the keys in my PTS color. I'll check in again in a few days to see if anything changes.

In regards to other possible CXX options, leather steering wheel and shifter with deviated stitching is possible. A 12 o'clock stripe is possible and it would be in black. Alcantara wheel can CXX a colored stripe. A carbon fiber shifter seems to be possible as well. Would anyone have a clue what it would look like? In my head, I'm picturing a 911R shiftknob.
evilfij (07-24-2020)
Old 07-24-2020 | 09:35 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jeffreestylz
Locked in for a December build in Club Blau as of last week. My SA checked-in with Porsche today in regards to getting PTS on the Supplemental Safety Bars, Headlight Washer Covers, and Keys but said those would be CXX and could delay the build past December. This seems to be in-line with what Larry Cable has stated regarding the safety bars, but for some reason I can't get the keys in my PTS color. I'll check in again in a few days to see if anything changes.

In regards to other possible CXX options, leather steering wheel and shifter with deviated stitching is possible. A 12 o'clock stripe is possible and it would be in black. Alcantara wheel can CXX a colored stripe. A carbon fiber shifter seems to be possible as well. Would anyone have a clue what it would look like? In my head, I'm picturing a 911R shiftknob.
Exclusiv told me that PTS of the Supplemental bars is under approval by the manufacturer, but is unlikely to be approved in time for a Dec build...

that's weird about your PTS key request as I have a CXX to do just that!

FYI might be cheaper to buy a 911 R shifter and move the **** ...

I plan to just buy a GT4 alacantara wheel and install that since I am going with yellow dev. stitching
jeffreestylz (07-25-2020)
Old 07-24-2020 | 09:38 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike0105.
Mike
sounds about right ... all depends when your dealer can get an allocation that is "in" a PTS window.

my Spyder allocation was originally for Sept, but we managed to get it moved to Dec which was the 1st month with PTS+CXX availability

FYI Aug 17th is the closing date for PTS requests in Dec...

I approve of your color choice BTW my GT3 is Voodoo Blue!

Quick Reply: Confirmed PTS orders check-in here