Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 still hanging in top 10

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 10:03 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 311 Posts
Default GT4 still hanging in top 10

Pro racers take just did a video on Mustang GT500 with and without track package - posted supercar time. GT4 still very impressive and in top 10. Interesting to see how much of a difference PDK makes to lap time. I know I know I keep saying it’s not a numbers car and like an idiot I keep posting links about numbers.

The following users liked this post:
DFW01TT (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 10:41 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,352 Likes on 823 Posts

Worthless since

1) no track mentioned
2) different track will produce different results
3) different time of year will produce different results
4) you lost credibility with your threatening post about forcing dealer discount on your delayed car but took it anyway
5) all of the above
Old 07-07-2020, 10:46 PM
Flacht6MT
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

718 doing great, nice! thanks for posting @ISPYA718

992 S could be about 2 seconds faster than the posted time above if it was wearing Cup 2s. While most people think it's just a fancy grand tourer these days, the capabilities on track can equal or beat some of those 991 GT3s times.
The following 2 users liked this post by Flacht6MT:
Gatch (07-08-2020), ISPYA718 (07-07-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 12:29 AM
wcw67
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm surprised the GT4 isn't faster than the 992 in those times. Granted, as ExMb posted I'm unsure what those times are linked to.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:37 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Worthless since

1) no track mentioned
4) you lost credibility with your threatening post about forcing dealer discount on your delayed car but took it anyway
5) all of the above

Can't speak to 4 or 5 (and possibly 3) above, but a little hunting reveals track: NCM Motorsports Park “Handling House” road course in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Gatch (07-08-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 12:48 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,520 Likes on 5,051 Posts

Worthless since

1) no track mentioned
5) all of the above
Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Can't speak to 4 or 5 (and possibly 3) above, but a little hunting reveals track: NCM Motorsports Park “Handling House” road course in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
I think what No. 2 is referring to is that each car on a different track (i.e. a track different than the NCM one) will produce different rankings for each car. A longer, more horsepower centric track might give an edge to the GT R and/or the ZR1, for example, or even the Taycan Turbo S
Old 07-08-2020, 08:16 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 757 Likes on 447 Posts

Lets see how the pdk does. Interestingly the gt3 touring was really close to the pdk .2 gt3
Old 07-10-2020, 03:47 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 311 Posts

Worthless since

1) no track mentioned
5) all of the above

Hmm ... To respond or not respond ... that is the question. I was certainly ambivalent about posting a response and that is why I didn’t respond respond right away. I certainly vacillated over posting for the past week. I was just going to ignore it as an internet bun fight is not something I desire nor which to partake. Apologies for not posting links, perhaps remiss by me. So here are a couple links to the site I referenced to address 1) 2) and 3)

So now let me deal with #4 specifically. Not sure why you are conflating this thread with another thread dated March 17 that is clearly not related and then linking it to my credulity to continue to post. Or why such animus and umbrage at my post? Why be provocative and adversarial? Why an ad hominem attack? And now since I asked that question on March 17, consequently all of my posts are somehow illegitimate and sullied and according to you this disqualifies me from posting? Perhaps for some, there can be some ambiguity in distinguishing and discerning between an assertive/declarative and interrogative sentence. I will give the benefit of the doubt. Yes I had the unmitigated gall and audacity to ask about a car purchasing question on a car forum. Wow. I simply was soliciting feedback (as the punctuated question mark demonstrates in the title of my thread) to my question in the post you alluded to and the interrogatory post did illicit many responses both positive and negative with respect to my question, despite the 100 year storm the world found itself in mid March, the lyric from the REM song was apropos , “it’s the end of the world as we know It”. And nor is it an exaggeration to make it analogous to a nuclear economic political and social bomb being dropped on the world - it touched every part of the globe so it’s size and sheer magnitude is unprecedented. We were heading into uncharted waters. So I posed a question on a car forum - despite the reputation of social media there are some clever, intelligent people on social media, including this site. I was curious as to how Porsche and others were reacting to this unpredictable situation.

I’m under no obligation to provide an explanation to you. However if it mollifies you.... While many GT4’s, Spyder, Taycan’s and 911’s became orphans during this time of Covid, I guess some thought “discretion was the better part of valour” (and I’m in no position to judge anyone’s economic or individual circumstances), my car did not. EXMB what would you have preferred - that I walk away from the car or purchase my car? Or not at least take a sober overarching examination of a significant purchase - second only to a house purchase -in these murky unprecedented economic time that I have never experienced in a long lifetime? It looks like neither option would have appeased you anyway. These orphans cars left Porsche with excess stock and consequently led to discounting some cars. Porsche were unable to follow through with the European delivery that we agreed when I signed and this was no fault on their part. And my economic constraints were not my fault either, but it did cause me to pause. Yes I’ve had a deposit for 3 years so I wanted the car very badly. But needs and wants are not the same. The Porsche team and I never had a one negative, adversarial exchange throughout the whole sales process. In fact, in the peak of uncertainty they were very good about expressing their gratitude for remaining loyal through the process in these challenging times, especially in April (highest unemployment on record in nearly 100 years. ). I have purchased a number of new cars, and despite the challenges, I’m happy to say this was the best sales experience ever - because of a number of individuals but most particularly and specifically one Porsche employee, who is a brilliant brand ambassador for Porsche. Porsche couldn’t have been better through the entire process and especially the sales team who I’m sure had stressful sleepless nights about their own employment. So yes after weighing things, including Porsche’s handling of the entire situation, I ended up purchasing the car, and I’m glad I did.

I’m sorry you took such offense at my post from March 17 (and felt the need to reference in this thread) in which I was asking for feedback and in which you misconstrued as a threat. Perhaps my interrogative post was partly visceral, made in haste, but also cerebral in that I was reevaluating a discretionary purchase and weighing that with the needs of people directly connected to me. For that, I don’t apologize. You are certainly entitled to your view. Maybe bad day or pent up anger about my post. I don’t know. I have no idea why you needed to reference after many months and posts by me and ample opportunity to respond in the thread from March 17. Perhaps pm me and maybe we can better understand each other. Either way, I wish you happy motoring.

CDACH (07-11-2020)

Quick Reply: GT4 still hanging in top 10