Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

A Memorable Break In - 524 Miles to NYC and Back

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 12:29 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 389 Posts

That's a great story...and reminds of my first stop after picking up my new GT4 from the detailer four years ago. I had a dinner meeting in the city and felt really stupid turning over this brand new GT4 to a parking attendant! Despite driving in the city a lot, I rarely take the GT4 there. (Though I was thinking about going in late one Saturday night a few weeks ago, to take some cool shots of the car on the empty streets. Glad I didn't, as that was the night of the near riots and looting! Afterward, I saw a photo of a mob-destroyed GT3 from that night.)

The Merritt Pkwy is an awesome road and you have inspired me to get the GT4 on it soon. Also looking forward to driving it to VT this summer.

Enjoy your new ride--you're gonna love it!

The following 2 users liked this post by HelpMeHelpU:
Gatch (07-08-2020), katzndogs (07-08-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 10:09 AM
katzndogs
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by carrerafanboy
Lovely write-up and drive!

Would you mind sharing the name / location of the garage? Always on the lookout for recs in Manhattan, since it's such a crapshoot...
Of course. The garage is called 700 Park Ave and the address is 39E E 69th St, New York, NY 10021. Highly recommend and no issue with scraping on my way down the ramp.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:27 PM
carrerafanboy
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by katzndogs
Of course. The garage is called 700 Park Ave and the address is 39E E 69th St, New York, NY 10021. Highly recommend and no issue with scraping on my way down the ramp.
Thank you!
Old 07-09-2020, 10:30 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,423 Likes on 614 Posts

Congrats!! Enjoy for many miles in the best of health!

I love my buckets and also had them in Cayman R and 991 RS and Z06 with aftermarket race seats.

Hubby and I both swear by Tempurpedic lumbar travel pillow. I have one permanently in the GT4. Easy to recover if the dark blue cover bothers you.

Only downside is that if the pillow gets cold (winter) they are rock hard until your body heat softens the foam. I do not drive without it. I’ve taken long 10-11 hour road trips in one day and feel perfectly fine. My back doesn’t have issues but the seat bothers my low back without the extra support.

No affiliation. Just very satisfied with product. Hubby’s had 3 back surgeries. He has one in his chair at kitchen table, and any seat he spends time in. Pricey for a lumbar pillow but last forever and we’ve never found a cheaper alternative that works as well.

https://www.tempurpedic.com/other-pr...ushion-travel/

Quick Reply: A Memorable Break In - 524 Miles to NYC and Back