Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Using PECLA design studio

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 04:05 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 864 Posts
Default Using PECLA design studio

Has anybody used PECLA and their design studio to help configure their cars? I'm curious because some of the options and their descriptions in the configurator don't quite make sense or are not clear?

A couple of examples are if you select Dashboard Trim Package in Leather/Race-Tex for $1610 for the Spyder. When you select it, it gives 14 different colors to select from but I don't see Guards Red as a color to match the interior of the Leather Interior with Race-Tex with Red. Oddly, it seems that no matter what color you select, it shows red in the configurator picture. Tried it on the GT4 and Guards Red is an option but for some reason on the Spyder, GR is not a color option. Wondering if the design studio would have the definitive answer on this as I'm not sure if the SA would know as in many cases, we tend to know more than the SA.

Another example is if you select Door Trim Package in Leather/Race-Tex for $690. In the description, it says the upper section of the front door trim panels are in leather. If I select the Leather option with red, isn't this already in leather? The pictures don't seem to change either or point or highlight what exactly it's talking about so it doesn't help either.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:37 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,684 Likes on 924 Posts

Answer #1
There is a glitch in the configurator and I’m hoping the internal dealer one is correct. 2020 version didn’t have this issue.

Answer #2
The Race-Tex / Leather Door Trim is pretty minor... “A” is leather and “B” is Race-Tex. You only see these panels when the doors are open.

Old 07-06-2020, 05:05 AM
carrerafanboy
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Has anybody used PECLA and their design studio to help configure their cars? I'm curious because some of the options and their descriptions in the configurator don't quite make sense or are not clear?

A couple of examples are if you select Dashboard Trim Package in Leather/Race-Tex for $1610 for the Spyder. When you select it, it gives 14 different colors to select from but I don't see Guards Red as a color to match the interior of the Leather Interior with Race-Tex with Red. Oddly, it seems that no matter what color you select, it shows red in the configurator picture. Tried it on the GT4 and Guards Red is an option but for some reason on the Spyder, GR is not a color option. Wondering if the design studio would have the definitive answer on this as I'm not sure if the SA would know as in many cases, we tend to know more than the SA.

Another example is if you select Door Trim Package in Leather/Race-Tex for $690. In the description, it says the upper section of the front door trim panels are in leather. If I select the Leather option with red, isn't this already in leather? The pictures don't seem to change either or point or highlight what exactly it's talking about so it doesn't help either.
Per what @n4v4nod shared, there's a glitch in the configurator. Ignore the color selection — the leather and stitching colors will match the rest of the cabin. The only difference in the Dashboard Trim Package you mentioned (the Leather or Leather + Race-Tex) is the dashboard end caps being all leather, or a mix of both to follow the materials (e.g. leather for the upper, Race-Tex for the lower to match how the dashboard is).

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Answer #2
The Race-Tex / Leather Door Trim is pretty minor... “A” is leather and “B” is Race-Tex. You only see these panels when the doors are open.
Plus the door end cap, and little triangle by the mirror. But yes, it's very minor.
The following users liked this post:
n4v4nod (07-06-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 09:09 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

I was told the design studios are no longer available (not covid related). This stuff is moved to the dealer network with the big push of certifying dealers as exclusive manufacktur last year. Factory studio is still open and used.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:59 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Answer #1
There is a glitch in the configurator and I’m hoping the internal dealer one is correct. 2020 version didn’t have this issue.

Answer #2

Originally Posted by carrerafanboy
Per what @n4v4nod shared, there's a glitch in the configurator. Ignore the color selection — the leather and stitching colors will match the rest of the cabin. The only difference in the Dashboard Trim Package you mentioned (the Leather or Leather + Race-Tex) is the dashboard end caps being all leather, or a mix of both to follow the materials (e.g. leather for the upper, Race-Tex for the lower to match how the dashboard is).

Plus the door end cap, and little triangle by the mirror. But yes, it's very minor.
Originally Posted by SToronto
I was told the design studios are no longer available (not covid related). This stuff is moved to the dealer network with the big push of certifying dealers as exclusive manufacktur last year. Factory studio is still open and used.
Thanks for the pictures and the explanations. This is much more clear now what is included and don't know why Porsche wouldn't show pictures similar to this instead of what they have currently. This is more than likely an option I will skip. I assumed that when selecting the dashboard option, the deviated stitching would match what you already have and the configurator updates the pictures to match the color you already picked but then it pops up with a window to select a color out of 14 choices and GR isn't available. That's what threw me off but good to know that it should default to match.

I don't recall seeing anything on Porsche's website about certifying dealers as being exclusive manufackturers. Can you direct me to where I might find more information on this or specifically which dealers in SoCal are designated as such?

Quick Reply: Using PECLA design studio