Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

JCR // 718 GT4 BUILD THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2020 | 06:51 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default JCR // 718 GT4 BUILD THREAD

Hey all,

So as we finally received our (severely delayed) 718 GT4 a couple of weeks ago I thought it would be good to create a thread where I can post all developments and goings on with our new baby. So here it is!

JCR 718 GT4 finished in Crayon (Chalk) with every conceivable option included

We were expecting our car to arrive late last year as we really don't like using customer cars for development purposes however now its arrived this allows our development curve to accelerate so look out for a ton of products coming soon

The overall goal with this car is to create a package of parts which when combined will elevate the platform to be a real contender for outright pace of a 991.2 GT3 RS around a lap whilst being compliant engaging and fun on the road. Im confident we can achieve this and we have a ton of exciting people teamed up with us to document once the project is 'complete'

Ill be sure to keep this thread updated with the very latest JCR product developments for the 718 GT4 / Spyder / GTS 4.0 platform and give some further insight into the development / testing / verification process that all of our products undergo prior to release.

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
The following 8 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
911F1 (07-01-2020), Croc999 (07-01-2020), JAhmed (07-24-2020), kart125 (06-30-2020), masti99 (06-30-2020), Raghu (07-16-2020), sobiloff (06-30-2020), TDT (06-30-2020) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-30-2020 | 07:43 AM
kart125
Burning Brakes

nice build!
Old 06-30-2020 | 08:26 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Congrats!! More pics please, looking forward to interior shots as well
The following users liked this post:
JAhmed (07-24-2020)
Old 06-30-2020 | 08:34 AM
TDT
Burning Brakes

Subscribed.
I'm still trying to get up off the floor from the lap time @ Donington National... already faster than any GT3 or RS lap i have found to date.
Amazing if this platform is capable of that, can't wait to see the vid and data.
JCR-Porsche (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020 | 09:35 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by TDT
Subscribed.
I'm still trying to get up off the floor from the lap time @ Donington National... already faster than any GT3 or RS lap i have found to date.
Amazing if this platform is capable of that, can't wait to see the vid and data.
The RS Weissach was running in the high 10's yesterday. Its got a few trick bits installed but around 2 seconds off an RS at the moment around a track like Donington sounds about right to me. We're at Silverstone tomorrow, the delta there will be larger i'd expect but never the less this platform is really something, massive potential!

JC
TDT (06-30-2020)
Old 07-01-2020 | 09:44 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Looking forward to getting a good exhaust solution for the 718 GT4 to improve both performance and the sound.
JAhmed (07-24-2020)
Old 07-16-2020 | 07:16 AM
DocMo
Racer

Great news from JCR I will receive my Race exhaust without silencers next week. This would be the first exhaust mod and I’ll take it from there. I also plan to keep the valves open at all times.
Installation is planned last week of July. I will make an exhaustive review of sound quality and install.
kj71109 (07-16-2020)
Old 07-24-2020 | 01:21 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default COLLECTION / PPF / JCR TITANIUM SILENCED VALVED RACE PIPE & OPF DELETE NSTALL

Ok, so time to get this back on track and bring the updates.. Ill get everything up-to-date over the next week rather than bombarding the thread with everything in one go!

COLLECTION / PPF / JCR TITANIUM SILENCED VALVED RACE PIPE & OPF DELETE INSTALL

Our car in the dealership awaiting collection

The first job was to have the car fully protected with XPEL paint protection film to ensure no issues would arise with the condition of the paint. We have a ton of track events planned with this car, its pretty much the only time it'll be used so this was important to get boxed off before we got into it!

Once the car was back with us it was time to install the exhaust. I mean, we can't have a JCR demo car without a JCR exhaust installed.

The first set up on this car features the following parts:

* JCR TITANIUM SILENCED VALVED RACE PIPE
* JCR TITANIUM MEGAPHONE TIPS
* JCR PRE PRODUCTION OPF DELETE PIPES

A great looking system and performs extremely well.. Some detailed shots

Pre production spec OPF delete pipes installed and working nicely, great gains in performance and sound along with significant weight savings to boot. Keep posted for release on these parts soon.

With the parts off we were also able to measure some of the restrictions in the system. Collectors only 52mm I/D on the header and a similar story for the stock OPF pipes, 51mm I/D entry but even less through the pipe as its sent into oval equalling flow closer to 48mm, this 4.0 really is strangled from the factory!

A before and after comparison, just a little difference here!

And this is how it sounds..

View this post on Instagram

Lots more to come, plenty of updates and tons of epic plans for this car! Hope you enjoy following the journey and if you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to ask!

JC
The following 3 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
DFW01TT (07-28-2020), kj71109 (07-26-2020), TDT (07-24-2020)
Old 07-24-2020 | 02:30 PM
DocMo
Racer

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
Ok, so time to get this back on track and bring the updates.. Ill get everything up-to-date over the next week rather than bombarding the thread with everything in one go!

COLLECTION / PPF / JCR TITANIUM SILENCED VALVED RACE PIPE & OPF DELETE INSTALL

Our car in the dealership awaiting collection

The first job was to have the car fully protected with XPEL paint protection film to ensure no issues would arise with the condition of the paint. We have a ton of track events planned with this car, its pretty much the only time it'll be used so this was important to get boxed off before we got into it!

Once the car was back with us it was time to install the exhaust. I mean, we can't have a JCR demo car without a JCR exhaust installed.

The first set up on this car features the following parts:

* JCR TITANIUM SILENCED VALVED RACE PIPE
* JCR TITANIUM MEGAPHONE TIPS
* JCR PRE PRODUCTION OPF DELETE PIPES

A great looking system and performs extremely well.. Some detailed shots

Pre production spec OPF delete pipes installed and working nicely, great gains in performance and sound along with significant weight savings to boot. Keep posted for release on these parts soon.

With the parts off we were also able to measure some of the restrictions in the system. Collectors only 52mm I/D on the header and a similar story for the stock OPF pipes, 51mm I/D entry but even less through the pipe as its sent into oval equalling flow closer to 48mm, this 4.0 really is strangled from the factory!

A before and after comparison, just a little difference here!

And this is how it sounds..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CByuGjzl..._web_copy_link

Lots more to come, plenty of updates and tons of epic plans for this car! Hope you enjoy following the journey and if you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to ask!

JC
Fantastic sound Jonny!! When is my race exhaust being shipped? It’s been really a long wait!
Old 07-24-2020 | 04:35 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by DocMo
Fantastic sound Jonny!! When is my race exhaust being shipped? It’s been really a long wait!
Thanks. Your exhaust shipped today, we said 6-8weeks from point of order so we’re within this time scale made at the outset

Look forward to your thoughts once installed

JC
kj71109 (07-26-2020)
Old 07-26-2020 | 05:05 AM
Gorro47
Intermediate

When you installed the exhaust with out opfs did you have to make a custom map or something so it doesnt appear a error on the dashboard?
i live in europe so the model have opf filters.
Thanks for your help.
Old 07-26-2020 | 05:10 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gorro47
When you installed the exhaust with out opfs did you have to make a custom map or something so it doesnt appear a error on the dashboard?
i live in europe so the model have opf filters.
Thanks for your help.
We have a mechanical fix for this which is in beta testing on our car. No plug ins, no ECU tuning and no errors.

JC
Croc999 (07-26-2020)
Old 07-26-2020 | 07:08 AM
Gorro47
Intermediate

Nice, im on the market for a exhaust for the 718 gt4, and i dont want just to put the final box, i want to take those opf filters off so everything is still new and im looking for solutions.

Thanks for your information.
Hope you guys make a kit for the EU cars to take the opf filters off so i can buy it and know it works with out erros.
Best regards
Old 07-26-2020 | 07:13 AM
Croc999
Racer

Nice, im on the market for a exhaust for the 718 gt4, and i dont want just to put the final box, i want to take those opf filters off so everything is still new and im looking for solutions.

Hope you guys make a kit for the EU cars to take the opf filters off so i can buy it and know it works with out erros.
Best regards
Same here
ralphmusic (07-26-2020)
Old 07-26-2020 | 07:38 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Best regards
Originally Posted by Croc999
Same here
It's coming

JC
The following 2 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
kj71109 (07-26-2020), mprog (07-29-2020)

Quick Reply: JCR // 718 GT4 BUILD THREAD