Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4/Spyder oil filter part number and cost?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 10:23 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,637 Likes on 2,703 Posts
Default GT4/Spyder oil filter part number and cost?

I am planning to put some serious miles on my Spyder when it arrives, and just before I really open her up I will be changing the oil and filter... anybody have the real part number?

So I see that now in addition to the seal you have what looks to be a plastic plug to match that new plastic pan... they have it listed at Suncoast, is this a good price?

Old 06-25-2020, 11:04 AM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,568 Likes on 662 Posts

I just changed the oil in my 981S and I paid almost exactly that from my dealer (gave me a 15% discount). But instead of the plastic drain plug, I got the sealing washer since my car (that I just sold) has a metal pan.

When I first saw the plastic plug I got excited and thought that maybe Porsche did what Mini did and incorporated a drain plug into the filter housing. The filter housing and filter in my Mini are nearly identical What Porsche uses, but there is a once-and-done drain plug in the Mini filter housing. It’s a brilliant idea. You just drain the canister and then remove the filter without any chance of spilling anything. I wish Porsche copied that idea.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:15 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,637 Likes on 2,703 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny Swift
I just changed the oil in my 981S and I paid almost exactly that from my dealer (gave me a 15% discount). But instead of the plastic drain plug, I got the sealing washer since my car (that I just sold) has a metal pan.

When I first saw the plastic plug I got excited and thought that maybe Porsche did what Mini did and incorporated a drain plug into the filter housing. The filter housing and filter in my Mini are nearly identical What Porsche uses, but there is a once-and-done drain plug in the Mini filter housing. It’s a brilliant idea. You just drain the canister and then remove the filter without any chance of spilling anything. I wish Porsche copied that idea.
Now there is a good idea, at the lowest point, possibly clear of all cross members and if it gets buggered up you only have to replace the cannister house not the entire pan...

Thanks for the price information, as it seems in keeping with the going rate and I am ordering anyway I think I will add it to the cart...

Quick Reply: GT4/Spyder oil filter part number and cost?