Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Deviated stitching optiion

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 03:38 PM
vince993tt
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Deviated stitching optiion

I've got a 2020 Spyder allocation that will freeze by the end of the week, and haven't been able to verify whether there are any differences between the black leather/alcantara interior with silver stitching, and the red or yellow stitching versions that require the $1500 Deviated stitching option. Is my understanding that the $1500 deviated stitching option simply gets you the red or yellow stitching, and that the silver stitching version is identical otherwise? Knowing Porsche and the option costs, I guess that shouldn't be surprising...but would like to make sure I'm not overlooking something here.

Also, does anyone know if the silver/grey seat belt color is a suitable match for the silver thread on this interior? I assume so, but the other seat belt colors seem to match the thread color descriptions exactly, so am trying to ensure that there isn't a big mismatch here.

I'm looking forward to replacing my former 981 Spyder which we loved and miss, and am particularly excited to be able to get the GT version this year, since I had wanted a GT 4 without the roof, and had to "settle" last time. Have decided to go with Miami Blue this time, hence the questions about the black/silver stitching interior. My 981 was GT silver with classic interior, which is still a very tempting combination. But it would be nice to do something different. Thanks.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:47 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,697 Likes on 934 Posts

Originally Posted by vince993tt
I've got a 2020 Spyder allocation that will freeze by the end of the week, and haven't been able to verify whether there are any differences between the black leather/alcantara interior with silver stitching, and the red or yellow stitching versions that require the $1500 Deviated stitching option. Is my understanding that the $1500 deviated stitching option simply gets you the red or yellow stitching, and that the silver stitching version is identical otherwise? Knowing Porsche and the option costs, I guess that shouldn't be surprising...but would like to make sure I'm not overlooking something here.

Also, does anyone know if the silver/grey seat belt color is a suitable match for the silver thread on this interior? I assume so, but the other seat belt colors seem to match the thread color descriptions exactly, so am trying to ensure that there isn't a big mismatch here.

I'm looking forward to replacing my former 981 Spyder which we loved and miss, and am particularly excited to be able to get the GT version this year, since I had wanted a GT 4 without the roof, and had to "settle" last time. Have decided to go with Miami Blue this time, hence the questions about the black/silver stitching interior. My 981 was GT silver with classic interior, which is still a very tempting combination. But it would be nice to do something different. Thanks.
You are correct for both... Other than color they are identical. Silver Belts match Silver Deviated stitching
Old 06-22-2020, 03:51 PM
vince993tt
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
You are correct for both... Other than color they are identical. Silver Belts match Silver Deviated stitching
Great. Many thanks for the quick response.
The following users liked this post:
n4v4nod (06-22-2020)
Old 06-22-2020, 03:55 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,031 Likes on 552 Posts

I just picked mine right off the Interior Colours & Seats section. Yellow/ Red/ Silver options

I didn’t go to Interior section to pick it again.

I am also picking silver stitching/ belts. Never seen it IRL, but I am sure it is close enough, if not perfect match.

Quick Reply: Deviated stitching optiion