Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Goodies you brought for the GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2020 | 04:17 PM
Illusive991
Racer

Originally Posted by RyuBraska
Ok, thanks for the info. I think my SA simply meant they did not have it in stock such that they could not re-install by the time I take delivery on Friday. I told them to just remove it for now and do the PPF properly, and I can decide later on whether I order a new one and install it (or not).
Ahhh gotcha. Yeah, it's a few weeks to get this emblem in, so if you're looking at doing this, best to get the dealership to order it in advance. Not ideal for anyone who spent the extra $$$ to get the gloss black GT4 emblem, as you'll probably want to keep those letters since you paid for them, but not ideal to have the double sided tape hand cut and replaced.
Old 06-17-2020 | 07:59 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Illusive991
For those of you that are doing a full wrap, I would definitely recommend taking off the rear GT4/Spyder emblem before applying film to the rear bumper and either having double sided tape re-applied or order a new emblem to replace the one removed. The emblem (GT4 at least) is about CA$200, however when you're spending ~CA$5,000 to do a full wrap, it's a relatively small price to ensure the best job possible. I got the dealership to include it along with window tint for the original price they quoted me for a full wrap. If the emblem isn't removed, the film is cut where the emblem will be with a tolerance of a few millimetres. From experience on my last full wrap, those edges and areas around the emblem get dirty fast and is difficult to detail without some specific tools. Just my observation and suggestion, feel free to ignore!
Thanks for the recommendation!
My detailer mentioned the wrap cost includes oem emblems.
Old 06-17-2020 | 08:33 PM
SnoBdrAK
Instructor

Originally Posted by Westcoast
This is the mount I went with, works well but not if you have Qi charging in your phone, the steel plate mucks this up. https://www.rennline.com/Phone-Mounts/products/1831/
I use the rennline phone mount as well, but when I switched to a phone with wireless charging, I just boutght a Qi mount from iOttie: Dash Mount and use the rennline base (part that attaches to the car with the metal ball) combined with the iOttie cradle. The ball and socket are a perfect fit, and is very secure (tested at high-Gs on the race track).
The following users liked this post:
kart125 (06-17-2020)
Old 06-17-2020 | 10:07 PM
its gt4
Advanced

Originally Posted by RyuBraska
I'm new to Porsche so I haven't bought much in advance, but this thread is giving me a lot of ideas!

My dealer will do full PPF (not themselves but through a reputable installer), tint and also change the side markers before I take delivery. I will probably need to order the GT4 cover.
This thread is dangerous. After seeing what Kart125 brought (the Quickjack) I went ahead and ordered one too.

Kart, remember to get some hockey pucks to lift the car. I know the jack comes with square padding, but circle padding seem be more appropriate.
kart125 (06-18-2020)
Old 06-17-2020 | 10:15 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SnoBdrAK
I use the rennline phone mount as well, but when I switched to a phone with wireless charging, I just boutght a Qi mount from iOttie: Dash Mount and use the rennline base (part that attaches to the car with the metal ball) combined with the iOttie cradle. The ball and socket are a perfect fit, and is very secure (tested at high-Gs on the race track).
Very cool, I have an older iOttie mount that worked well, I will check this new one out, especially since you say it works with the Rennline mount.

BTW, thanks for including the direct product link!
Old 06-18-2020 | 08:35 AM
kart125
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by its gt4
This thread is dangerous. After seeing what Kart125 brought (the Quickjack) I went ahead and ordered one too.

Kart, remember to get some hockey pucks to lift the car. I know the jack comes with square padding, but circle padding seem be more appropriate.
Agree about the dangerosity level of this thread... This, combined with too much time (less work) and waiting for the car is explosive!!

Thanks for the tip on the hockey pucks!
Old 06-18-2020 | 11:35 AM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Quickjack usually goes on sale around the end of the year for the holidays. I got mine for $999.00.

Also purchased 911R pepita LWB seat covers from http://classicfx.net/ and got a smokin' deal on a set of 981 GT4 tires and wheels.
its gt4 (06-18-2020)
Old 06-18-2020 | 11:51 AM
its gt4
Advanced

More Goodies:

The one on the current key is from Amazon.

Amazon Fob Cover:

Fitment: 90% - This is pretty good other than there's a hair line that you can feel when you run your finger from the bottom to the cover. (The cover is slightly / hair line bigger).
Quality: 100% - Smooth Shiny Finish.
Color: 50% - It's yellow, but not the same yellow.
Overall: Worth it! But because of my OCD, I had to get the OEM one.
Old 06-18-2020 | 02:01 PM
kart125
Burning Brakes

Damn OCD... I feel your pain!
Old 06-18-2020 | 02:05 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by its gt4
More Goodies:

The one on the current key is from Amazon.

Amazon Fob Cover:

Fitment: 90% - This is pretty good other than there's a hair line that you can feel when you run your finger from the bottom to the cover. (The cover is slightly / hair line bigger).
Quality: 100% - Smooth Shiny Finish.
Color: 50% - It's yellow, but not the same yellow.
Overall: Worth it! But because of my OCD, I had to get the OEM one.
Two questions, well maybe it is three You have a yellow Macan/Cayenne? Picture?

Does the paint tend to scratch off the key where it goes into the ignition?

Old 06-18-2020 | 02:25 PM
its gt4
Advanced

Two questions, well maybe it is three You have a yellow Macan/Cayenne? Picture?

I have a Macan S 2020, it's silver, but just want to put the amazon cover on to see how it looks.

The amazon cover isn't painted, it is made of PCV or some hard yellow plastic; so there won't be any paint chip (very good quality - worth $20 & Prime ship).

Here's the link
amazon amazon

Old 06-18-2020 | 02:35 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

I got factory Miami Blue on my GT3 keys. The car has 4500 km since spring 2019. Both keys had chips much before the 4500km mark, exactly where the key enters the ignition. The keys are stored in a drawer not touching any other keys. Very surprised at how easily they chipped. Dealer replaced them at no cost after some discussion with Porsche Canad, I think. The new ones have no issues. It's also cheaper to get them through the dealer than the factory.
Old 06-18-2020 | 02:59 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

My white with carbon fibre interior GT4 is coming in a month and I’m looking at replacing the interior shiny metal bits, specifically the stick shift and rear engine cover, with carbon fibre. Any advice on source/ quality?
RSNV (06-18-2020)
Old 06-18-2020 | 03:01 PM
Illusive991
Racer

Originally Posted by SToronto
I got factory Miami Blue on my GT3 keys. The car has 4500 km since spring 2019. Both keys had chips much before the 4500km mark, exactly where the key enters the ignition. The keys are stored in a drawer not touching any other keys. Very surprised at how easily they chipped. Dealer replaced them at no cost after some discussion with Porsche Canad, I think. The new ones have no issues. It's also cheaper to get them through the dealer than the factory.
Thanks for the feedback; I was considering ordering a set of the painted key side blades, but was unsure how long the finish would last before it started to show wear and tear. How much usage have the new ones seen?
Old 06-18-2020 | 03:04 PM
Illusive991
Racer

Originally Posted by KenTO
My white with carbon fibre interior GT4 is coming in a month and I’m looking at replacing the interior shiny metal bits, specifically the stick shift and rear engine cover, with carbon fibre. Any advice on source/ quality?
I had the same thought as you and ordered a carbon fibre/alcantara shift **** & boot replacement from DB Carbon; depending on when you order, turnaround could be upwards of a month or two as they are made to order: https://shop.db-carbon-interieur.de/...718_Cayman_GT4

Am waiting to see how this piece turns out before I order any additional carbon fibre pieces. Will share pics and thoughts once I get it and the car plus installation. They make almost everything in the interior in carbon fibre, including the luggage rack bar and trunk center trim (I'm assuming that's what you meant by the engine cover).

Quick Reply: Goodies you brought for the GT4?