Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Gentian Blue Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 10:38 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,653 Likes on 2,710 Posts

Originally Posted by tdlondon
yes I did. Seat belts and deviated stitching. Not the cluster or sport chrono dials though.
Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I think yellow dials would be too much/very distracting!
I guess I'll see (quite literally)!
Old 06-04-2020, 03:51 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by ISPYA718
Do you mean like this one? Very cool - superman car.👍

https://youtu.be/zwFCFQCzYOE

This spec at Premier GT really is drop dead beautiful....
Old 06-06-2020, 08:00 AM
thatfield
AutoX

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

Thought I’d follow up on the CarPlay / Burmester question after having the car for a few days. I’m very happy with the combination. I think if you’re an iOS person, then CarPlay is an obvious must-have. As far as Burmester, I’m enjoying it far more than the (“dialed in”) Bose from my 981S. Effortless volume is there, the bass is much tighter, and all the nuances come out of the music. It’s still not on par with my basement theater speakers, but *way* closer than Bose ever was. Yeah the car / road noises are there in spades, but I find that I can enjoy the music and engine noise simultaneously (caveat: I haven’t auditioned at illegal freeway speeds with the top down). Speaking of car “noises”, I have my PSE valves permanently open. If you’re into rock music then I recommend “Hell Freezes Over” DVD / “Hotel California (Live)” in DTS and Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation “Shine It All Around (Girls Remix)” as audition pieces, especially the latter track. Is Burmester worth the price? For me, easily ... even though the price is obviously too high. Could you get better sound from an aftermarket system for the same or less money? Maybe, but I wouldn’t want my car torn into, and IMO most aftermarket systems (even those with high-end components) never get properly dialed in (been there, done that).
The following 3 users liked this post by thatfield:
Charles Everson (05-30-2021), Mercuriell (11-13-2020), n4v4nod (06-06-2020)
Old 06-06-2020, 08:39 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts

Originally Posted by thatfield
Thought I’d follow up on the CarPlay / Burmester question after having the car for a few days. I’m very happy with the combination. I think if you’re an iOS person, then CarPlay is an obvious must-have. As far as Burmester, I’m enjoying it far more than the (“dialed in”) Bose from my 981S. Effortless volume is there, the bass is much tighter, and all the nuances come out of the music. It’s still not on par with my basement theater speakers, but *way* closer than Bose ever was. Yeah the car / road noises are there in spades, but I find that I can enjoy the music and engine noise simultaneously (caveat: I haven’t auditioned at illegal freeway speeds with the top down). Speaking of car “noises”, I have my PSE valves permanently open. If you’re into rock music then I recommend “Hell Freezes Over” DVD / “Hotel California (Live)” in DTS and Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation “Shine It All Around (Girls Remix)” as audition pieces, especially the latter track. Is Burmester worth the price? For me, easily ... even though the price is obviously too high. Could you get better sound from an aftermarket system for the same or less money? Maybe, but I wouldn’t want my car torn into, and IMO most aftermarket systems (even those with high-end components) never get properly dialed in (been there, done that).
Awesome! Thanks for the info! Exactly what I was expecting. Enjoy the new ride! Please post more pics when you get a chance for those of us that still have the long wait!
Old 06-06-2020, 09:03 AM
Manoverpdk
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 75 Posts

Anyone with GB and base wheels?
I like the contrast and the price difference.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:14 AM
kart125
Burning Brakes

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Manoverpdk
Look up this thread. lots of pics with "base" platinum wheels and some with "optional" free of charge silver wheels. Don't know which ones you meen by "base".
Old 06-06-2020, 09:23 AM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 101 Posts

yes it does. In the evening before sunset it’s really emotional to look at it. It’s gorgeous! At night it’s a dark blue and during the day the direct sunlight makes it really metallic blue.

it’s the satin platinum wheels. I personally don’t like the aurum much, but it’s definitely a taste thing. I considered the black wheels too.

this car is difficult to look ugly. GT silver was my second color option but I’ve always had black/grey/silver cars, wanted to go a bit bold and have some vivid color. Not too much fan of yellow or Miami blue.

There is a thread here of a Spyder in black with aurum wheels that is just amazing too. Black it’s just a nightmare to keep beautiful. Must always be spotless clean.

Guards Red with black interior is also gorgeous on this car because of the spoiler and diffuser in black. Just think GR became too much the color of the base model.

Can you post your full build for your? Just love it so much. Base lights?
Old 06-06-2020, 10:39 AM
RyuBraska
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Manoverpdk
If you mean the platinum wheels, that's what I've ordered. Car should be here in 2 weeks
Old 06-06-2020, 02:27 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 311 Posts

I may be in minority here, but would have preferred red side markers to match calipers and rear red ones.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:35 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I may be in minority here, but would have preferred red side markers to match calipers and rear red ones.
Up front?
Old 06-06-2020, 02:56 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 311 Posts

Side markers red instead of orange. White is fine too but again for me red would go with my red calipers and rear red markers.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:59 PM
tdlondon
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Toothengineer
Can you post your full build for your? Just love it so much. Base lights?

Sure thing here is my build. It is base lights. I don't plan to do many night drives so I didn't think the LED lights were worth it for me, other than the very nice looks of it.
The only thing I added after this build was the leather steering wheel.
In hindsight the only thing I'd done different would be the dual zone climate control. I mistakenly assumed that the only difference was the dual zone feature. But the standard one has manual temp and fan controls, things that not even a base Toyota Corolla have anymore. It's more annoying than I expected.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:03 PM
tdlondon
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 93 Posts

Unfortunately the GT4 doesn't seem to have Burmester as an option in the configurator. The Bose speakers are garbage. Anyone knows good aftermarket speakers that fit the BOSE system? In my daily BMW Bavsound makes awesome speakers that fit exactly in the original mounts of the car, so zero adaptation or cut-outs necessary.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:14 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Side markers red instead of orange. White is fine too but again for me red would go with my red calipers and rear red markers.
Ahhh I see, but they are orange by DOT (Canada) standards, red marker lights are only for the rear of the car, I believe that this is the same world wide.

The same reason the Euro-clear one illuminate amber as well.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:26 PM
RyuBraska
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

Unfortunately the GT4 doesn't seem to have Burmester as an option in the configurator. The Bose speakers are garbage. Anyone knows good aftermarket speakers that fit the BOSE system? In my daily BMW Bavsound makes awesome speakers that fit exactly in the original mounts of the car, so zero adaptation or cut-outs necessary.
I was under the impression that it was offered when I ordered... did it change?

Quick Reply: The Official Gentian Blue Color Thread